*****The Official Rangers vs Dunfermline Thread*****

9 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

All players who are going to be in and around the squad this season, they're going to have to play at some point, 2nd round of the league cup is a good a time as any. 

Wallace can't play every match, Hodson/Beerman are his replacements at the moment

Would also rather have Bruno/Cardoso both rested and ready to go against hibs on Saturday.

If that team can't beat Dunfermline at home then we've got problems

Consistency is better thn experimentation till we get settled. If it works don't change it.

Looking forward to this.

Hopefully we see a few goals.

I'd pick this team:

Alnwick

Tavernier       Cardoso         Alves                Wallace

Candeias       Jack              Pena                 Dorrans

Herrera          Morelos

I'd like Rossiter, Hardie and Barjonas to get some game time too. I'd also maybe be tempted to play Wilson alongside one of the other centre backs. We need to get him used to playing alongside both if we get injuries.

Don't see many changes for this one 2/3 at most, with the game on Saturday I can see Alves and Miller rested for Wilson and Morelos, and Tav back for Hodson.

Hopefully Pena gets about 30mins because that means we'll be coasting it!

As many of the new boys barring Dorrans, who i would wrap in cotton wool, should be starting as possible. Dunfermline should be nothing shy of cannon fodder after the investment we've made in our squad and a good few of them could do with a confidence boost - particularly our forwards. 

Alnwick

Tavernier Cardoso Alves Wallace

Candeias Jack Dorrans Windass

Morelos Herrera

The team is still gelling so other than a change of keeper I'd keep what I hope is the starting 11. If we're comfortably ahead come half time I'd give Pena a full half coming on for Dorrans and give Niko some minutes for Windass who will no doubt tire. If Rossiter is fit I'd take him on for Jack as well.

Morelos deserves a start, he scored in the Finnish league most weeks, surely Dunfermline are a standard of team he could easily score against? Boy needs a goal to get going, same with Herrera

I don't get why folk think Pena would start. If that happened my gaster would be flabbed. The best he can hope for is 30 odd mins IMO and even that relies on us being in a decent position. 

Would be interesting to see Morelos and Herrera together but Miller will probably play.