Steve McClaren in talks with hearts

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1385938/hearts-steve-mcclaren-ian-cathro-tynecastle/

Would be a good manager for them, I hope they bring in someone with a decent pedigree that helps raise the profile of Scottish football and hopefully in turn get a bigger TV deal which gives Rangers more money

46 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1385938/hearts-steve-mcclaren-ian-cathro-tynecastle/

Would be a good manager for them, I hope they bring in someone with a decent pedigree that helps raise the profile of Scottish football and hopefully in turn get a bigger TV deal which gives Rangers more money

I hope they appoint the wrong person and get relegated. 

Appreciate your motives mate but nothing Hearts will do will have a particularly positive knock on to us, the only joy they can bring us is their misery. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

:huh:

I'm not meaning that in I'm happy for them, more in a selfish sense that he had been floating around English football for years so some down there might want to watch and see how he fairs up here, the more interest in Scottish football the better TV deal etc and the more money we will have to compete

3 minutes ago, markem said:

I hope they appoint the wrong person and get relegated. 

Appreciate your lorises mate but nothing Hearts will do will have a particularly positive knock on to us, the only joy they can bring us is their misery. 

I disagree mate, yes we would like all the clubs to do shit but the shitter they are the shitter we are, that's the reality of it. The more competitive the league is the more likely we are to be better in Europe

1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I disagree mate, yes we would like all the clubs to do shit but the shitter they are the shitter we are, that's the reality of it. The more competitive the league is the more likely we are to be better in Europe

There was a time when I would have agreed, right now however - fuck them.  I honestly don't think a strong Hearts will make much difference to our fate. 

14 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I agree.

We need the other teams getting past qualifiers and into the group stages of the Europa. It also means that they are playing extra games so they not are as fresh against us on the weekends.

We also need to lift the co-efficient so if Celtic win the league we still get a Champions League qualifying spot so the financial gap isn't as big.