No more strikers?

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sounded too good to be true to be perfectly honest!

Ipswich said themselves, on record, that they've paid a "substantial fee" for Waghorn. 

I suppose it depends on what your definition of "substantial" is.

On 8/9/2017 at 1:36 AM, Lloyd72 said:

I'd like to see what Herrera could do with someone playing off him instead of isolating him like Miller did, don't think he'll be prolific but I think he could do the donkey work so a player like Morelos can be prolific.

I reckon that was PC's plan when he brought the two of them in. As you said Miller comes too deep too often to benefit from a big target man. Hopefully the cup game tonight will he a chance for the two of them to get a start together and see how things gel. 

23 hours ago, Murty said:

People seem to have written off Morelos, Pena and Herrera already.

Granted Pena and Herrera don't have great goal scoring records but neither did guys like Prso or Jelavic.

Prso wasn't exactly prolific for us either, he was tireless workhorse who worked for his team mates and came up with some really important goals. If Herrera can do that for us then we're onto a winner, if Morelos can be our Boyd then 55 here we fucking come :dance:

32 minutes ago, Murty said:

People seem to have written off Morelos, Pena and Herrera already.

Granted Pena and Herrera don't have great goal scoring records but neither did guys like Prso or Jelavic.

Some maybe have with Pena but the other 2 they've not IMO... a lot of the comments is that Herrera won't score us a shed load of goals. It's not a slate on him, he's just never been prolific and re Morelos people just don't know how he will turn out - he's an unknown.

Only one striker on the bench tonight for the game against Dunfermline.  Hardie.   No Herrera - still recovering from injuries sustained against Motherwell.   Starting with Morelos and Miller.

If Pedro thinks this sort of striker cover is going to be sufficient this season to mount a credible title challenge then he has a ton more faith than me in his ability to get a team as a whole to score enough goals and win enough games.   Hardie  as far as I know, has had no first team pre-season game time so it'd be a tall order to require him to come on and make a positive impact - especially if the game is tight and a goal is needed.

If, as it seems from his statements, Pedro is content with the strikers he has for the season ahead then I sure do hope we are not in for a King Canute type moment where he seeks to defy Scottish football reality by thinking enough games can be won by having a threadbare strike force. I'd tuned out of Pedro after the Luxembourg game and nothing I'm seeing about his approach or hearing from his is bringing much confidence back.     Wins, and solid winning momentum is of course the one big thing that would tune me back into him as the right manager for the Club in this season ahead.

Let's see what result we get tonight with this revamped team and a strike force that so far has not been scoring enough goals.