Is Niko trying to showboat too much?

cushynumber

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why? Because I critique a negative thread after a 6-0 win? Do we not love to be entertained. Niko brings us class and guile - which I think will be important to us - that 'guile' means he tries things that are different - sometimes they work, sometimes not but to start a thread to discuss him 'showboating to much' for me is a negative spin on an exciting player on a night that was so positive. 

I don't see discussing a performance as negative. But you just go ahead and jump back on your bandwagon.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

once of twice he bamboozled the Dunfermline player then seemed to beat himself aswell by throwing in an extra turn but fuck it, hes good to watch

hes experienced enough to know when to try the turns n flicks (6-0 at home to Dunfermline) and when to screw the nut i think

Think he has had to adjust his game to the level of the players he's playing with, perhaps his passing is less instinctual and more measured, its better to retain possession than ping balls that no other player on the park is on the same wavelength to get on the end of, sadly we aren't Croatia or spurs, hopefully in time our players can learn from him and strive to get near his football brain, of the team that started tonight only Tav and Miller are players who featured regularly last season, for all intents and purpose its a brand new team.

Think he's a great asset to have, his technique and footballing brain is something all our players should be learning from.

18 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I don't see discussing a performance as negative. But you just go ahead and jump back on your bandwagon.

No problem discussing performance - why the need to do so in a negative way, starting from a negative premise - that I don't understand - I think he is a class act and brings excitement to the team. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No problem discussing performance - why the need to do so in a negative way, starting from a negative premise - that I don't understand - I think he is a class act and brings excitement to the team. 

That's what stuck out for me when he came on. If it's negative, it's negative. I think he used to be a class act. I think the legs are gone. 

See, now you have me really negative, when I was trying to engender a discussion. Well done you.

25 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Against the better teams that kinda showboating could and probably will cost us that's my worry with him, that and he's always skating the line of an injury cos some cunt will no doubt snap him in anger.

He's too shrewd to do it when the game is tight however the second point you make is a concern, exactly what happened to Baxter in Austria, wanted to nutmeg the guy twice and suffered a broken leg for his troubles.  

28 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Against the better teams that kinda showboating could and probably will cost us that's my worry with him, that and he's always skating the line of an injury cos some cunt will no doubt snap him in anger.

He's a big boy plus he's Croatian. He can handle himself

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don't mind seeing him come on when we're well ahead.

Ill lose my shit if we're drawing against the taigs with 15 minutes to go and he comes on though 

If we were in that position he's got the ability to be the match winner with a clever pass or a shot from distance.  

Just now, gsa said:

If we were in that position he's got the ability to be the match winner with a clever pass or a shot from distance.  

Or he gives the ball away and they go on the break...

Who knows. Tonight was good, I'll save my negativity for another occasion  

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Or he gives the ball away and they go on the break...

Who knows. Tonight was good, I'll save my negativity for another occasion  

I get your point, he could be the guy a midfielder gets away from easily and they break and score.... but I'm going glass half full and imagining him turning brown inside out then finding a pass for someone to score the winner!