Is Niko trying to showboat too much?

cushynumber

Can't actually disagree, he was and he slowed the team right down with it. 

Was obviously looking to get a shot off and bag a goal (no bad thing), but when it wasn't on he should be releasing it quickly rather than keep trying turns until he loses it. 

Great technically, but shouldn't be starting in our hard working, pressing, direct side.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an amazing performance yesterday and I'm happy with the team and pretty much all the players played well. Tbh I'm not a huge fan of kranjcar. He came on yesterday and done a bit of showboating and actually lost us the ball a couple of times at a point where I thought if he passed it a little earlier we could have potentially had another goal scoring chance again.

12 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Maybe just holding on to the ball a little longer than he needs to etc...

Thoughts? 

I thought he was trying that last night and was pretty slack. I think it was just the fact he came on and the game was won though. Don't think he has been that way in other matches.

12 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Maybe just holding on to the ball a little longer than he needs to etc...

Thoughts? 

I would say yes, however some of his passes are incredible. Also, we now seem to have players who are on his wavelength when it comes to reading the game. This can only be good.

I've got a game this weekend, might try the Niko approach and see how that pans out for me.

Couple of wee turns and then I just smash the ball out to the wings and if none of my team mates happen to be there to receive it I'll just tell them I'm obviously too intelligent and they're not on my wavelength.

I think a few of the players were doing that last night, and some also looked as if they were trying to play the perfect game; it was 4-0 at the time, so probably it was to be expected. I'd like to have seen us go for more goals, but with the match coming up it's perhaps best that they took their foot off the pedal a bit.