Kenny Miller

stewaj3

All the criticism I've read and despite a goal and 2 assists tonight not much praise.

Naive people may write him off but personally I think he's the best striker at the club.

Miller

Herrera

Morelos

That's my order and the total opposite of most. I think Herrera looks like he could have quality and seems to have a bit about him. Morelos still has it all to prove for me although I'm glad to see it looks like he is a good finisher.

They are all good options. Wonder whether dodoo is option 4 or if we are looking elsewhere.

Guest Lloyd72
31 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

He should be I agree. He's 37.

However he is the best we have. It's foolish to write him off

He's "the best we have" because the others haven't been here long enough, not because he's better than them

44 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

All the criticism I've read and despite a goal and 2 assists tonight not much praise.

Naive people may write him off but personally I think he's the best striker at the club.

Miller

Herrera

Morelos

That's my order and the total opposite of most. I think Herrera looks like he could have quality and seems to have a bit about him. Morelos still has it all to prove for me although I'm glad to see it looks like he is a good finisher.

They are all good options. Wonder whether dodoo is option 4 or if we are looking elsewhere.

Agree with you.

Miller may be getting old but he still the most consistent striker we have at the moment.

I hope Morelos will develop into into a star, he did well tonight and we do need to find a replacement for Kenny.

But anyone who thinks he is not worth his place in the team at this time is daft.

Miller is earning his wage right now. I thought that he'd be rested tonight, but Pedro must have a lot of faith in him to be able to start both games. He never gives up, always trying when we've got the ball, or not. A Rangers legend? He answered the call when he was needed most. His time at the taigs doesn't help his cause, but he realised his mistake, and came home again, not once, but twice, and he's still scoring goals for us...?

To be fair some of the play going forward from Rangers wasn't that it was Dunfermline, it showed class, had Rangers played like that on Sunday, Rangers would've beat Motherwell 3-0.

What you could see from that game was that Pedro has obviously sat them down after the Motherwell game and had a good word with them about controlling the game and you saw that, doesn't matter if it was Dunfermline, the players chased after every ball and did not take their foot off the pedal.

Sure it was against Dunfermline and you will expect better defending from other sides, but take nothing away from a lot of the passing and chances created, the likes of Candeias were tremendous Some of Rangers attacking play against Motherwell proved that so it's not all about "Oh it was Dunfermline" who cares? That link up play to setup Morelos would've done any team and it wasn't an easy shot to score either, it shows his quality and confidence and that's what I like about Morelos, he's not scared to crack a shot at goal and many of those can easily rebound. Great player.

Oh and when it comes to facing Celtic, we cannot afford to leave Kenny out of the side, he has this habit of scoring against Celtic, even last season when our backs were against the wall he still managed to find a goal for Rangers. I say we play Kenny and Morelos up front against Celtic, I'm confident El Buffalo will put 2 past them, hopefully 3 haha

What tonight proved was that we have a team filled with players who are capable of scoring goals and good passing football, improved performance and confident we can beat Hibs by at least 2 to 3 goals. Hoping Morelos gets the start.

It was good to see him back to his normal self last night , but I'd like to see us build on a Morelos / Herrera partnership keeping Kenny as an impact sub against a tiring defence . 

On a side note , I'm not sure theres that much criticism of KM per se , more of a realisation that time is catching up on him . 

8 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Miller

Herrera

Morelos

Agreed. Miller is a class act and was my MoM -.a lot of the good stuff last night involved him and he provides great leadership 

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Miller is earning his wage right now. I thought that he'd be rested tonight, but Pedro must have a lot of faith in him to be able to start both games. He never gives up, always trying when we've got the ball, or not. A Rangers legend? He answered the call when he was needed most. His time at the taigs doesn't help his cause, but he realised his mistake, and came home again, not once, but twice, and he's still scoring goals for us...?

@ForeverAndEver will not like this

Best performance in ages in terms of positive impact with good goal and 2 good assists. Pleased with that.

Thought his overall contribution outwith that was marginally better than usual too. Didn't seem as cumbersome as often the case, didnt slow down our attacks as much as normal.

Thought Morelos was far better last night though, and out of the 2 he'd get my vote. He is always looking dangerous, takes up the right positions, creates things for himself and others and seems already to have a more all round game.

Guess it comes down to the opposition and style we want to play.

Saturday will be a battle and I'd hope we go for the physicality of Herrera with Morelos.

A better performance from Miller last night but for me it's still Morelos, Herrera then Miller.

Love the guy to bits and he fully deserves to start,but would be a wee bit concerned if he's still first choice a few months from now.Not a reflection on Miller,just think it would mean that  Herrera with Morelos might not have progressed the way we had hoped.That said,he should always start against the taigs,they are terrified of him.