*****The Official Rangers vs Hibs Thread*****

12 minutes ago, JWAB said:

They won't be on the train as they all travel through on busses. You'll see hertz fans on the subway, never scummy hibs because they know they'll get battered. When we're at home, we run the trains :D

Not true many a battle with them at underground and also a few doins when they were handy in the 90's now just live of the old boys reputation.

5 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

All the firms from down south meeting at George Square should be about 2000-2500 waiting for them get off the trains I shall have to tune into the cctv for a laugh as they get skelped about.

Would keep this off the forums.

1 minute ago, Band of Brothers said:

Not true many a battle with them at underground and also a few doins when they were handy in the 90's now just live of the old boys reputation.

That was 20 years ago, the only time i ever see them on the train to glasgow is when they're playing dumbarton or other shite. Aberdeen tried to use the subway what, 8 years ago ago now and see what happened there. It'd good to see them try though.

1 minute ago, JWAB said:

That was 20 years ago, the only time i ever see them on the train to glasgow is when they're playing dumbarton or other shite. Aberdeen tried to use the subway what, 8 years ago ago now and see what happened there. It'd good to see them try though.

Forget how old I'm getting 20year ago :headscratch: ah well smash there fucking buses :angrywillie:

25 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Without putting any emphasis on McGinn whatsoever, surely athleticism and physicality combined with skill should be a target for any footballer to try and achieve, Ronaldo being the prime example.

I think out of those 3, skill is absolutely number 1 mate. McGinn has none. His touch is poor. His passing is poor. He can just run. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

I think out of those 3, skill is absolutely number 1 mate. McGinn has none. His touch is poor. His passing is poor. He can just run. 

Hopefully that's the way he plays tomorrow although i'm almost certain that we will dominate the midfield anyway.

4 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Hopefully that's the way he plays tomorrow although i'm almost certain that we will dominate the midfield anyway.

Only thing I'm slightly wary of is down the flanks not so much on the right as Candieas can double up,but that left side gives me the fear.

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Only thing I'm slightly wary of is down the flanks not so much on the right as Candieas can double up,but that left side gives me the fear.

I have the same feeling .its bad enough with Wallace and Windass out their  ,but Hodson brings another dimension entirely.the spoonburners are strong and quick down that side with Whittaker,Gray and Boyle and defensively we are shit down the left.going for 2-2 in this one

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Down the right they've got a speed merchant called Boyle who is a bit of a headless chicken at times and he's backed up by none other than the wandering Whiittaker whose inclined to forget he's a defender  whilst on the left  they have another betrayer called McGeough combined with a left back whose really puzzled with what to do with  the ball once he gets beyond the halfway line.

Have no fear brother, we are more than capable of handling anything this lot. 

1 minute ago, allcinaye said:

Down the right they've got a speed merchant called Boyle who is a bit of a headless chicken at times and he's backed up by none other than the wandering Whiittaker whose inclined to forget he's a defender  whilst on the left  they have another betrayer called McGeough combined with a left back whose really puzzled with what to do with  the ball once he gets beyond the halfway line.

Have no fear brother, we are more than capable of handling anything this lot attemps 

Winner of the midfield battle wins this game, so even though we've improved overall with the 442 i'm still a little bit uneasy letting them have the extra man; Bartley and McGinn are excellent physically as well. We simply can't let this  game be as open as at Motherwell, we need to take charge. 

24 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

I have the same feeling .its bad enough with Wallace and Windass out their  ,but Hodson brings another dimension entirely.the spoonburners are strong and quick down that side with Whittaker,Gray and Boyle and defensively we are shit down the left.going for 2-2 in this one

I still think we'll win but we simply have to strengthen that side before we play the filth.

24 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Have no fear brother, we are more than capable of handling anything this lot. 

Yeah still think we'll win but any joy Hiv's do get will come down that side and although I don't rate Wallace and want him replaced we need him fit for this,he's still our best LB.

23 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Winner of the midfield battle wins this game, so even though we've improved overall with the 442 i'm still a little bit uneasy letting them have the extra man; Bartley and McGinn are excellent physically as well. We simply can't let this  game be as open as at Motherwell, we need to take charge. 

It will be interesting because in nearly all of the matches the opposition will more than likely have an extra man in midfield if we stick to 4-4-2. Motherwell were finding quite a lot of space in little pockets last week plus there were times were we struggled to get out to the ball when the defender/midfielder was carrying it forward. The wide men need to track back to stop the crosses from wide areas plus this means Jack/Dorrans won't get caught out wide leaving their men free. 

From the pre-season games it looks like we line up with two banks of four and have both strikers behind the ball defensively so it's important that whoever is up front prevents the third man in midfield from getting the ball but also gets out to the centre half if he starts carrying the ball forward.