*****The Official Rangers vs Hibs Thread*****

I have to remain positive otherwise I'll be lying there in tears from how sore that is to take. Carlos Peña I'm personally pleased with how little I saw of him and looks promising, he's still to get match fitness but that'll help him and he looks the type of player to tackle and does look like he has something to him. Unfortunately because of that sending off, had there not been a sending off we would've won that. Morelos looks superb, can't wait to see more of the wee man and Peña hopefully starts playing.

Disgusting result, 3 points behind Celtic now but I'm going to remain positive, this was a diabolical game because of the ref and in my opinion irrespective of what people say the ref changed that game.

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Naw bring Rossiter on instead of another striker? 3 strikers on the park when we're down to 10 men? and why take Candieas off and leave Windass on?

Why bring Rossiter on? A defensive mid when we need a goal? It's conceding the game. Again, what did Windass do to warrant being replaced? Was doing well first half imo. 

Why not 3 strikers?

Kenny should not be our first pick striker, as long as he is we will win fuck all. 

the ref should be demoted, shay it to second yellow hibs defender. can anyone tell me why jack got sent off?  Its totally changed the game, he handed Hibs the game.  

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Agree that without the decisions we may have got the win but that's not enough, that just tells me that we are the same level as Hibs which is never good enough for Rangers.

we have a long way to go until we are challenging again.

Wonder how long it will take the Manager or the DOF or both to start to introduce the word 'patient' into their interviews.    As soon as Warburton started to talk about patience we found eventually that it was coded language for his work to tunnel his way out. 

It's said that Pedro gets what being at Rangers is all about.

Does he get that regardless of who the champions are Rangers will always be the team they all want to beat and will always try harder against?

Yes the ref was a joke today but that hasn't stopped us in the past. We would of got at least a draw from that game with every Rangers team I've seen play bar those since 2013. I've said before that it's like the club has lost its winning mentality. 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Lot of fight and passion from the lads there. Did what we could playing an hour down to ten men. Referee ruined any competitiveness that was in that game,and for some reason refused to make decisions against them, even glaringly obvious ones. 

He was probably scared of Lemmon.

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Wonder how long it will take the Manager or the DOF or both to start to introduce the word 'patient' into their interviews.    As soon as Warburton started to talk about patience we found eventually that it was coded language for his work to tunnel his way out. 

he'll be aware soon enough that he is limited to how many times he can ask for "patience". We'll all go mental at the manager but for yet another season the lack of ambition starts at the top and filters down through Pedro, the players and onto the pitch.

3 minutes ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

That was the refs fault though

:lol: 

deluded

the ref isn't to blame that we don't have a plan b or the fact the manager is hell bent on perusing Walker when we need new full backs especially a right back 

as Fantana said if the ref was good we might have won

mights aren't good enough 

this team don't have a spine 

when I was arguing with people pre season about how if we don't win the first 4 games questions need asked and everyone was saying no no excuses, well the ref is a big excuse - perfect red herring for the head in the sand brigade - for all he was a cunt 

What a lot of shit that was. I'm finding it hard to criticise the team or manager too much even though plenty will jump on that wagon. Our response tactically was a bit shit. Particularly taking Morelos off, we should have left him on and taken Miller off because he was up for it and nearly scored just before it. Their 3rd was a good hit and everything that could have went wrong went wrong. 

Overall the ref just totally fucked that game. At least we showed some spirit and pulled a goal back and never completely capitulated. I was really impressed by Morelos today, felt a bit sorry for Pena being thrown on into that shit show for his competitive debut. 

That ref is a complete cunt. Loads will slate Pedro for today but we were solidly in a good game of football up until a ridiculous red. Stokes should have been off as well.

Jack shouldn't have been sent off but he does need to drop the hard man act because off the pitch he's nothing like it. He was doing the same head to head shite with Garner last year.

All we can do is bounce back next week and hope the ref isn't a cunt, we have dropped points at this stage plenty of times before. I hope Morelos starts every week now.

1 minute ago, rblair92 said:

Apart from the first 20 minutes we were second to to near enough every ball, pushed about too easy, beaten to almost everything in the air. Can say what you like about the referee, he did get a lot wrong, but after looking right up for it at kick off the players just lay down after the red card. Need to show more character than that when things don't go our way. Add to that the comical defending for the first two goals and it all makes for a shite afternoon

Truth. Someone else said it here as well, but think back on that 10 man win v. the Scum in the rain with Coisty netting the winner. That team knew what it meant and what it took to put provo-supporting filth in their proper place.

3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Ref ruined what would have been a good game. With 10 men and down 2-1 it was always going to be a difficult hour. Feel shite but I'll put it down to poor refereeing rather than the team or manager this time.  

No mate .We could have been Royaly hammered today with some of the decisions Pedro made at h/t 

And bringing Pena on when we are 3-1down 

I'm not letting Pedro off that easy 

4 minutes ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

The tactics of going long 2nd half never worked but we did nulify them for the majority of the 2nd half while having a good few chances to score

Long balls will.never work if the midfield don't get forward to support and win the knock downs.

You cant play when your team is like 70 yards apart. We should have been more compact on both sides of the ball

Regardless of the ref, I didn't agree with the subs.

We should have put more in midfield

3-5-1

Take Miller off for Rossiter

Take Hodson off for Wilson

Cardoso Alves Wilson

Taverneir Dorrans Rossiter Windass Candeias

Morelos

1 minute ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Why bring Rossiter on? A defensive mid when we need a goal? It's conceding the game. Again, what did Windass do to warrant being replaced? Was doing well first half imo. 

Why not 3 strikers?

To tighten up the midfield when we're down to 10 men how are we getting a goal if we can't keep or win the fucking ball in midfield,and 3 strikers when down to 10 is mental,Windass I would've replaced not because he'd done anything wrong but we've just brought a target man Herrera and and take off our only winger? Pedro was beyond naive and utterly clueless today,we get a man sent off and transform into fucking Wimbledon ffs,I'm done with this buffoon it was a gamble by the board and it hasn't worked stick with Pedro we'll be lucky to finish 2nd.

Just now, BluenoseCanuck said:

Long balls will.never work if the midfield don't get forward to support and win the knock downs.

You cant play when your team is like 70 yards apart. We should have been more compact on both sides of the ball

That's what I just said , we played long but had nobody near herrera

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We don't 

want to have heard the pish excuses coming out the game 

the ref was appalling but I've never blamed a ref for a defeat yet

we have no plan b the same thing Warburton got slated for but it's cool 

I don't recall ever thinking that going a man down is an acceptable excuse for losing at home to a diddy team like Hibs either. How times have changed.

Just now, Misteral said:

So you're blaming the manager?

The manager is responsible for the players, we were doing ok until the junkies started their hard man tatics, don't tell me that wasn't intentional, that's what Lemmon does, he admits he loved winding us up.

Pedro should have warned the players not to get involved, doesn't matter who starts it.