*****The Official Rangers vs Hibs Thread*****

3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Today was unfortunate not embarrassing, in my book. 

I found it embarrassing. Everyone in the stands and everyone watching at home would have been fired up for the second half after the way the first half ended. But on the pitch Hibs had an easy ride for 45 minutes. We hardly got close to them, and a few times they were able to keep possession, slow the game down and put 10-15 passes together without being challenged. That shouldn't happen, especially when we're playing at home. 

The red card has obviously done us no favours but we should still have been able to at least salvage a draw against a team like them.

Just now, callumbo87 said:

So we were fucked by the ref, I agree!  

BUT Hibs were getting back into the game before the sending off and then when we went down to 10 we were a total disgrace. 

No heart, bottle and importantly the tactics from Pedro were shocking! Aye, lets hoof the ball up and allow Hibs to keep the ball and hit us constantly 

with the extra man.  Pedro has been saved by the Ref today, among our support anyway.

They should have been 1-0 down and down to 10 men after 7 mins,, do you honestly think they would have came back from that?  They booted us off the fucking park even before Jack got sent off yet the ref kept his card s in his pocket yet was card happy if you played in blue.  

14 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Long balls will.never work if the midfield don't get forward to support and win the knock downs.

You cant play when your team is like 70 yards apart. We should have been more compact on both sides of the ball

I think that's why he had kept Miller on to try and support but the legs just aren't there! That's where a Walker type player would have been perfect

Just now, RDB14 said:

He was really unlucky not to make it 2-2. I actually thought he screwed the nut at H/T and used his aggression in the right way. He better start next week, Herrera looks totally pish to me.

Morelos has to have played his way into a starting role. Herrera didn't show an awful lot when he came on. Strong but doesn't have any pace or a natural instinct for goals. You would expect him to have scored our second rather than Tav 

1 minute ago, callumbo87 said:

So we were fucked by the ref, I agree!  

BUT Hibs were getting back into the game before the sending off and then when we went down to 10 we were a total disgrace. 

No heart, bottle and importantly the tactics from Pedro were shocking! Aye, lets hoof the ball up and allow Hibs to keep the ball and hit us constantly 

with the extra man.  Pedro has been saved by the Ref today, among our support anyway.

What a load of shite. Hibs are an alright side whether we like it or not and would always have some moments in the game. There was over half that game left and fuck knows how it would have turned out but it's wrong to assume the ref saved us from anything just cause Hibs were having a good spell. Over the piece with even sides we had been the best team.

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Wasn't anything major. About 15/20 spoonburners came up Broomloan Road singing and the polis kettled them in once they got to the turnstiles. A few punches were thrown but nothing to write home about. 

Boys I know got huckled so hopefully worth while.

Pedro is probably not going to be the man for the job long term, but again I cant blame him for today's result.

The precedence has been set by Beaton and he needs outed. He should never ref any of our games again after the blatant way he has favoured Hibernian in that match.

Heavy pressure needs applied, preferably round the cunts throat.

1 minute ago, Chineseboy said:

There will be the usual threads starting after a defeat, but although we lost I am not unduly worried by it. I really do believe we have a good team more than capable of challenging. However, I also believe that we are up against it with the refs now, as today proved. An utterly shocking performance by Beaton and I actually think we should make a formal complaint over it. As I said earlier in the thread , it was blatant cheating. Furthermore, when you are a goal and a man down , then the best teams in the world are going to struggle, so hopefully all the folk complaining about the performance should take heed of this. A lot are complaining about the long ball tactics- which none like to see- but tbh, I think it's a good tactic when you are a man down as it negates the extra man. And let's face it, we nearly snatched a draw. Games change on refereeing decisions, and today was a perfect example. Yesterday too, when Thistle had a clear penalty not given at the death.  Onwards and upwards, absolutely no need to start panicking over a game we were cheated out of.

This is fucking on point. 

1 minute ago, delparlane said:

It really is stunning how bad some of our misses are. I really like Morelos and think he'll bag a number for us this season, but Kenny - Jesus wept. How he fluffs some of these chances is simply beyond me. Fair dues, the man has won us more than his fair share games through his efforts, but my god the sitters he squanders are the stuff of legend. 

I would like to see how Morelas and Herrera do up front. Miller has always been an instinct striker good when he has no time to think about the finish. 

7 minutes ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

You must have been watching a completely different game to me then!

We were well on top the first 20 mins, stokes should have been sent off and probably should have been 2-0 up.

Hibs started to come in the game and we lose a shockingly bad goal that squares it up.

Jack gets sent off for fuck all despite Stokes holding his throat.

We lose our heads for a couple of mins which shouldn't have happened but understandable and we lose an another shockingly bad goal.

2nd half we did try a 'plan b' seeing as we went to a back 3 but the tactics of going direct never worked because the service was shocking.

We had pretty much nulified them in an attacking sense yet they scored a cracker of a 3rd that Foderingham probably should have saved from the extra man.

We had a good number of chances to score 2nd half but never took them and actually showed a good bit of fight to keep going.

All the while the ref let them away with absolutely everything.

How Stokes and McGeough ended up still on the park at the end I'll never know.

Rangers Fouls 15 - 6 Yellows 1 Red

Hibs Fouls - 14 - 3 Yellows

The ref cost us that game plain and simple

Excellent summary.. Just read Tom English trying to stir the shit and get the Manager sacked.. Makes me think we might have the right guy. 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They should have been 1-0 down and down to 10 men after 7 mins,, do you honestly think they would have came back from that?  They booted us off the fucking park even before Jack got sent off yet the ref kept his card s in his pocket yet was card happy if you played in blue.  

Fair enough. Stokes should have gone. 

But, reality, he wasn't. 

We are wrongly down to 10 men and due not to the ref but terrible defending we are 2 behind at half time? 

Should we, take Miller off and put an extra man in midfield OR bring on a pish/lightweight CF and pump balls up to him.

Yes, the ref is a cunt. But our response to being down to 10 men and the defensive errors were shocking!

8 minutes ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

You must have been watching a completely different game to me then!

We were well on top the first 20 mins, stokes should have been sent off and probably should have been 2-0 up.

Hibs started to come in the game and we lose a shockingly bad goal that squares it up.

Jack gets sent off for fuck all despite Stokes holding his throat.

We lose our heads for a couple of mins which shouldn't have happened but understandable and we lose an another shockingly bad goal.

2nd half we did try a 'plan b' seeing as we went to a back 3 but the tactics of going direct never worked because the service was shocking.

We had pretty much nulified them in an attacking sense yet they scored a cracker of a 3rd that Foderingham probably should have saved from the extra man.

We had a good number of chances to score 2nd half but never took them and actually showed a good bit of fight to keep going.

All the while the ref let them away with absolutely everything.

How Stokes and McGeough ended up still on the park at the end I'll never know.

Rangers Fouls 15 - 6 Yellows 1 Red

Hibs Fouls - 14 - 3 Yellows

The ref cost us that game plain and simple

I was watching the same game but now I realise that when people said win the first 4 games no excuses they really meant unless the ref has a howler or something 

throw your stats about all you want and get your wee handful of likes but you are deluded if you can't or refuse to see the bigger picture 

2 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

It's OK. He painted WATP on the walls. We have too high expectations expecting to thrash a HIVS team at Ibrox who have just been promoted from Division 1.

Yup.  He's adept at turns of phrases to suit the way he wants to deal with media messaging and to sidle alongside the Support with talk of 'mens' playing for the team, and of a much improved challenge this season, and of a much better Rangers side, and of 'moments' and so on.   Nice distractions.   But distractions is all they are.   His ideal of 'wins, wins, wins' is just airtalk.    He'll become King Canute-like in his determination to avoid adapting to Scottish football but instead looking for a Rangers side to play the way he wants them to play.   Nice idea but he doesn't have the capability or quality in terms of players to do that.   The result is what you get today - bulldozed out of the game by a typically Scottish combination of rank awful refereeing and the approach taken by the opposition to see how much it can get away with then look to prosper from it.  

Meanwhile Pedro scratches his head and wonders why the game is not going according to his plan.   Here's the new boss.......same failings as the old boss. 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

How about this for an amazing idea how's about bringing on an actual midfielder to play midfield rather than a 37yo striker,revolutionary thinking I know,your an imbecile.

Rossiter should have been subbed on when Jack was sent off ,probably for Miller .In my opinion

4 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

What a load of shite. Hibs are an alright side whether we like it or not and would always have some moments in the game. There was over half that game left and fuck knows how it would have turned out but it's wrong to assume the ref saved us from anything just cause Hibs were having a good spell. Over the piece with even sides we had been the best team.

We had a god 20 minutes but they scored and were beginning to pass the ball about. 

We wrongly go down to 10 and lose another pish goal! Who's fault was it for the 2 goals? 

Second half, as a rangers fan you expect a bit of bottle, composure and to keep the bloody ball. But Pedro decides to lump the ball up constantly leaving us exposed 

to counter attacks with a man down and looking lightweight in midfield. Pedro's tactics and men were pish.