Best new signing?

Best new signing?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Best new signing

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

The Dalcio is the Kerkar of this generation. Kerkar was brought in for Bougherra, The Dalcio has been brought in to help Cardoso settle. Both clumsy left footed wingers who play like they're out their tits on tranquillisers and both will go down as cult heroes.

Dalcio will score a winner against the Taigs, where the ball bounces off his arse by accident... and he will be our hero then.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a couple of players we've been lucky enough to sign over the years who look to be on a different level to others. Laudrup and  de Boer etc being examples. For me Alves falls into that. Despite his age he remains a genuine world class defender and we are lucky to have him. He won't be with us for long but what he can pass on to Cardoso and other young players will be invaluable. 

Cardoso for me.

got the lad for absolute pennies and is coping every bit as well as Alves.

that situation at Motherwell where he dealt with a 3 v 1 shows the quality and composure for such a young guy, unreal.

will turn out our most valuable asset and will stay for a good 3/4 year then move on for a decent fee, the type of business we should do more often if possible.

3 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Has to be Alves for me as he is a world class defender and could have gone to so many different clubs but chose us, him and Cardoso are quality!

He's quality but he wasn't world class in his prime never mind now.

Too early to say, but one thing is obvious- Ryan jack would've vastly improved us last year. The deep lying midfielder that warburton so badly wanted and this guy fits it perfectly. 

We know how good dorrans is and also alves but part of me is hoping Morelos turns the best signing with goals goals and more goals. 

Time will tell

Alves for me. His pedigree and ability are surely above every other signing. However Ryan Jack has looked solid so far. Candeias is showing a bit more to his game as we progress and in my opinion if Cardoso gets the head down and learns as much as he can from Bruno then he will be a 20mil centre half in 3 seasons

Alves and Cardoso have been the standouts because they're such an improvement on how weak we were defensively last year.

It's a good sign that there's so many different opinions on here though, the whole team looks stronger and you could make valid arguments for four or five of the new signings being the best.

Scratching my head there for five minutes but my lad clicked Cordoso and hard to argue against him. Great position to be in when you're spoilt for choice over your best signing and especially when your marquee signing has yet to kick a ball in anger. Had to refresh my memory about  Pena on YouTube  there and his talent is unquestionable so here's hoping he's good to go some time soon and ends up our best signing, if he does we'll have run the tims very close.

Only a few games in so hard to tell but cardoso for me,such a massive step up from kiernan(not saying much I know)

i can see a English club coming in with a silly offer in a few years time if he keeps performing the way he is.

dorrans and Bruno also been excellent so far.

8 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Most of our new signings seem to have hit the ground running and have made a good impression, who's impressed you the most?

Jack for me.

Herrera is the least impressive . For me it's too early but having a good solid centre half may mean we win something this season .

I went for for Cardoso,what an upgrade from Kiernan,a class act

Candeas big upgrade from Barry Mackay

Morelos looks like he's a good Waghorn.

Big Alves,enough said

Herera will come good

Jack and Dorrans are settling in fine and look much stronger than Halliday and Holt

All in all i think we've done good in the market and we'll only improve.

I'm going with Candeias. Peña is a favourite of mine despite not playing, excited to see him play but couldn't pick him because at current he hasn't really played yet. For me Candeias is a brilliant player and his crossing is superb, he's going to be a very important player for us. It was tough though because at the same time I was wanting to put Alves, the guy is just a class of his own, but for me Candeias I reckon will score a number of goals for us and setup quite a number.