Best new signing?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Best new signing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really great to have thread discussing who is the stand out and genuinely having a few to select.

We all wanted players that would immeadiaelty enhance the starting 11.

Cardoso

Alves 

Dorrans

Jack

Candeis

Have all managed that, players like Windass and Tav are also improving as a result.

Dorrans for me with Cardoso a very close 2nd.

I've abstained as I couldn't single one of them out at this stage. There are really strong arguments for all of Alves, Cardosa, Dorrans, Jack, Candieas, Morelos and the boy Windass. I even think Herrera will be decent.

Does anyone know if this much positivity is good for you? I even witnessed people smiling coming out the game last night and I'm starting to worry I won't be able to rediscover my anger over football. 

To hard to choose as all the players have improved us all over the park and in different ways... candieas for me just because of his all round play - attacking and harassing the defence, winning the ball and tracking back and defending also which has made tav play better so been a double whammy!!

So many different ways to interpret the question.

For the first time in a while we have brought in a mix of decent quality players.

I think the one who will improve our game, improve their game and potentially make us a good profit is Cardoso. So I went for him. 

A hard one . 

Whats been reassuring is the way most of our ( imo ) marquee signings , Alves , Dorrans have looked as impressive as we'd all hoped . Just hoping Pena is too when he starts . Having said that I'm going for Jack probably because he's exceeded my expectations . Solid , rarely wastes a pass and the type of holding player we've been screaming out for , for years . 

I think what makes it difficult is how early it is and in the few games we've seen there has been glimpses of favourites, for example, the game against Motherwell you'd say our best player was probably Dorrans, he's going to be such a big player for us and again against Dunfermline he could have easily have scored that shot which Kenny Miller picked up and scored from the lead up to the first goal. Whereas in the second game there you might edge that to Candeias or Morelos, was very hard to pick because the team overall was outstanding.

Tell you what, even although he's not a new signing Windass almost feels like it, so does Kranjcar in many ways because he's barely been there, but more so Windass, he's like a man possessed hahahaha :lol:

I will wait until after Saturday before making my vote. For me that will be the biggest test of any of the games so far as it will be a fiery game and we will see who's who then. Even though we played outstanding football against Dunfermline, to be honest wasn't really a test playing them and  every player looked a star. 

would be too difficult to pick just now ,4 or 5 have the potential to be amazing signings for us 

alves ,experience and leadership

dorrans ,quality experience and longevity 

cordoso young and will earn us a few quid 

morelos ,same as above 

jack,neat tidy and could be here for years ,potential captain