bigsasasfloopyhair

Foderingham

217 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Who said that :lol: they're fucking mental if they think that.

2 posters have said it and another has alluded to it.

I genuinely think he'll be off if we get offered anything over 2 million.

19 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Who said that :lol: they're fucking mental if they think that.

Exactly, £15 million, not a penny less

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

2 players have said it and another has alluded to it.

I wouldn't say 5m is unreasonable,that's fuck all to Forest who just brought in 15m fed up seeing players go for peanuts while the taigs get top dollar,they very nearly got 6m for Gordon ffs,is it any wonder we struggle to get decent value for our players when even our fans are undervaluing them? Is he really worth 8m less than Forster or 6m less than Gordon?

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

2 players have said it and another has alluded to it.

What players have been saying this? 

34 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

this is only stated in football insider - and other people are quoting that person. This could be total rubbish. 

Aye, but he's ITK... 😳

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

What players have been saying this? 

Well spotted :lol:

16 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I wouldn't say 5m is unreasonable,that's fuck all to Forest who just brought in 15m fed up seeing players go for peanuts while the taigs get top dollar,they very nearly got 6m for Gordon ffs,is it any wonder we struggle to get decent value for our players when even our fans are undervaluing them? Is he really worth 8m less than Forster or 6m less than Gordon?

I really don't think my opinion will have any impact on what clubs will offer for our players tbh.

Just because Forest have brought in a lot of money from selling players doesn't mean we can bump the value up on our players. We can try it but it'll likely just put them off buying him if we ask for a silly fee.

He's nowhere near as good as Forster was when he got his move from the taigs, and he was performing at the highest level for them which meant they could attempt to get silly money for him which they did.

Foderingham is an average keeper with a mistake in him and before us had never played higher than league 1 down south. I don't see anyone down there throwing 5 million at us to take him off our hands.

14 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

Well spotted :lol:

So nobody then? 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

I really don't think my opinion will have any impact on what clubs will offer for our players tbh.

Just because Forest have brought in a lot of money from selling players doesn't mean we can bump the value up on our players. We can try it but it'll likely just put them off buying him if we ask for a silly fee.

He's nowhere near as good as Forster was when he got his move from the taigs, and he was performing at the highest level for them which meant they could attempt to get silly money for him which they did.

Foderingham is an average keeper with a mistake in him and before us had never played higher than league 1 down south. I don't see anyone down there throwing 5 million at us to take him off our hands.

So are we able to replace for the £2m you think he's worth? can we get a better keeper in for that? I highly doubt it,£5m or no sale would be my stance,you might think it's ridiculous but the taigs regularly get "ridiculous" prices for their players.

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

People who don't rate Fod know fuck all about football. His only weakness is failing come take the ball and the man when the ball comes into the 6 yard box.

He's as good as Forster.

Saved us already this season in the Opening Game.

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So are we able to replace for the £2m you think he's worth? can we get a better keeper in for that? I highly doubt it,£5m or no sale would be my stance,you might think it's ridiculous but the taigs regularly get "ridiculous" prices for their players.

Alnwick would be his replacement if he went.

The taigs do get ridiculous prices for their players on a regular basis but they often have European performances to use to try and bump up the value and last season they had the fact that they mopped the floor with their domestic opposition to try and bump up the value as well.

What performances would we use to try and convince anyone that Foderingham is worth £5m?

Arguably our 3 toughest games last season were against the taigs, Aberdeen and Hearts and he conceded 27 goals against them.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

The taigs do get ridiculous prices for their players on a regular basis but they often have European performances to use to try and bump up the value and last season they had the fact that they mopped the floor with their domestic opposition to try and bump up the value as well.

What performances would we use to try and convince anyone that Foderingham is worth £5m?

Arguably our 3 toughest games last season were against the taigs, Aberdeen and Hearts and he conceded 27 goals against them.

If it wasn't him we'd be trailing the taigs by 2 points already. He saved us way more points than he cost last season. Nothing to suggest that Alnwick will be anywhere near Foderingham's standard. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

Hardly Wes' fault he had an abomination of a side infront of him,and Alnwick as no1 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence,we're trying to build a title winning side so unless we're bringing in better replacements we shouldn't be selling first choice players for anything other than top dollar.

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

People who don't rate Fod know fuck all about football. His only weakness is failing come take the ball and the man when the ball comes into the 6 yard box.

He's as good as Forster.

That's not his only weakness though.

His positioning is also rotten as we seen when McGregor was able to pass a ball past him at Hampden and also when the Morton player beat him from 20 odd yards with a ball that appeared to come down his shin and Foderingham couldn't get near either.

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

If it wasn't him we'd be trailing the taigs by 2 points already. He saved us way more points than he cost last season. Nothing to suggest that Alnwick will be anywhere near Foderingham's standard. 

If he could command his box we wouldn't have even conceded against Motherwell. It's easy to paint him as a star when you only focus on the saves he makes.

Nothing to suggest Alnwick won't be near his standard either.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hardly Wes' fault he had an abomination of a side infront of him,and Alnwick as no1 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence,we're trying to build a title winning side so unless we're bringing in better replacements we shouldn't be selling first choice players for anything other than top dollar.

:lol: the goals weren't all just down to the defence in front of him.

Just now, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

:lol: the goals weren't all just down to the defence in front of him.

Is that anywhere near what I said??? 

Just now, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

If he could command his box we wouldn't have even conceded against Motherwell. It's easy to paint him as a star when you only focus on the saves he makes.

Nothing to suggest Alnwick won't be near his standard either.

Which is a flaw in his game he is evidently working on. He has appeared more confident in coming to claim the ball with the defence in front of him. 

It's nothing to do with painting him as a star, how many goalkeepers in the league would've made that save? Of course he is going to make mistakes, McGregor made plenty, as did Klos, as did the great goalkeepers before them. Not daring to Fod in that category at all, but he is still young and it is clear he has came on leaps and bounds since that game away to Hibs, and he will only get better. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Is that anywhere near what I said??? 

Your reply to me saying he conceded 27 goals in those games was to blame the "abomination of a team in front of him" so aye that's pretty much what you said.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

Your reply to me saying he conceded 27 goals in those games was to blame the "abomination of a team in front of him" so aye that's pretty much what you said.

So with Alves and Cardoso infront of him and a far stronger midfield you still think Wes will concede 27? Wes is in goals so he must do right since they were all his fault? you're a clown 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Which is a flaw in his game he is evidently working on. He has appeared more confident in coming to claim the ball with the defence in front of him. 

It's nothing to do with painting him as a star, how many goalkeepers in the league would've made that save? Of course he is going to make mistakes, McGregor made plenty, as did Klos, as did the great goalkeepers before them. Not daring to Fod in that category at all, but he is still young and it is clear he has came on leaps and bounds since that game away to Hibs, and he will only get better. 

Tbf he's 26 with over 200 competitive games under his belt he's not exactly a young rookie still learning the ropes.

You can ask how many keepers would have made that save, I can respond by asking how many keepers would have prevented their goal. We could debate his pros and cons all day.

I'm not disputing that he's a decent keeper. Maybe saying he's average was a bit harsh but I still don't believe for a minute we'd get anything close to £5m for him.

37 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

As you say,  your opinion on Foderingham's ability is neither here nor there. The key thing is that it looks like Warburton wants him and therefore must rate him highly.  He also has money on the hip. On the other hand, he is our first choice goalkeeper and we don't necessarily need to sell him.  IMO that puts us in a dominant position to drive a hard bargain.  If Warburton is not willing to pay our price, then we continue as at present, no loss.

5m should be our price.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

That's not his only weakness though.

His positioning is also rotten as we seen when McGregor was able to pass a ball past him at Hampden and also when the Morton player beat him from 20 odd yards with a ball that appeared to come down his shin and Foderingham couldn't get near either.

Every keeper suffers from that now and again, can just be how play develops. Im not saying he's a world beater, but he's a very good keeper and is also quite young in keeper terms. As @Smile said he saved us from dropping 2 points at weekend with tremendous save, he also was at fault for the goal for not taking the ball and the man out of play.

Excellent shot stopper

Good with the ball at his feet.

Don't see anything other than champions league experience between him and Forster.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

Saved us already this season in the Opening Game.

Cost us a goal at the weekend as well

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So with Alves and Cardoso infront of him and a far stronger midfield you still think Wes will concede 27? Wes is in goals so he must do right since they were all his fault? you're a clown 

I never said they were all his fault, there's no debating that he was at fault for a fair few of them though. You were the one that blamed the team in front of him :lol:

My point was it's going to be difficult to convince anyone to pay £5m for a keeper when he's conceded that many goals against arguably the 3 toughest teams in the league.

If he conceded less this season then we'd have more of an argument to ask for more money for him. At the moment we don't. It's not difficult to understand. 

Clown.