Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Perth_Campsie_Ger

Steve Davis

75 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

Yes, but it's not the case of "Davis wouldn't sign for Southampton unless they gave us a fee" that many put about. Southampton paid us a nominal fee as we were making noises about pursuing legal action against those players. Davis had fuck all to do with it.

Incidentally, we didn't even get the fee because the corrupt governing bodies here kept it. 

Does any player have anything to do with a fee being paid? 

Not really. All done out of their control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Does any player have anything to do with a fee being paid? 

Not really. All done out of their control.

Aye, but that's not what some Rangers fans have been saying about Davis for years. Some folk genuinely believe Davis is the reason we got the fee, that he turned down clubs who wouldn't give us a fee, and that makes him "no as bad as Naismith, Lafferty, McGregor etc." (Not suggesting you are one of them.) That's why some folk still point out he didn't get us the fee, and Southampton did; because some others make out that Davis should be welcomed back because Southampton gave us £800,000 (which we never received). 

If someone wants to see Davis back and can forgive the former captain his reasons for walking away, then fair enough. But if they wouldn't take the other rats back but make out that Davis is different because of the fee, they're at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

Aye, but that's not what some Rangers fans have been saying about Davis for years. Some folk genuinely believe Davis is the reason we got the fee, that he turned down clubs who wouldn't give us a fee, and that makes him "no as bad as Naismith, Lafferty, McGregor etc." (Not suggesting you are one of them.) That's why some folk still point out he didn't get us the fee, and Southampton did; because some others make out that Davis should be welcomed back because Southampton gave us £800,000 (which we never received). 

If someone wants to see Davis back and can forgive the former captain his reasons for walking away, then fair enough. But if they wouldn't take the other rats back but make out that Davis is different because of the fee, they're at it. 

I've never once said I want him back. All I've done is clarified a fee was paid.

You raise a good point though. All the players, Naismith etc who left for free, wouldn't have mattered if we had got £10million a player, rangers weren't seeing that money.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I've never once said I want him back. All I've done is clarified a fee was paid.

You raise a good point though. All the players, Naismith etc who left for free, wouldn't have mattered if we had got £10million a player, rangers weren't seeing that money.

I know, mate, wasn't implying you were. 

I can completely understand why none of them wanted to play in the Third Division or didn't trust Charles Green. But I'll never forgive Rangers men like Davis and Naismith for not sticking around like Edu did. Even if we'd got £2 million for them rather than what they were worth, that would still have been money in our coffers. (And if we'd gotten that for McGregor, Davis and Naismith we'd have been £6 million up before the likes of Lafferty, Fleck etc were sold.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I know, mate, wasn't implying you were. 

I can completely understand why none of them wanted to play in the Third Division or didn't trust Charles Green. But I'll never forgive Rangers men like Davis and Naismith for not sticking around like Edu did. Even if we'd got £2 million for them rather than what they were worth, that would still have been money in our coffers. (And if we'd gotten that for McGregor, Davis and Naismith we'd have been £6 million up before the likes of Lafferty, Fleck etc were sold.) 

Nail on the head, this.

As if me or any other Bear opposing to these cunts actually expected them to play Third Division football. Absolutely not. Never mind their careers; we couldn't have afforded them.

The issue is that they were allowed the option; remain, be sold and generate Rangers a transfer fee or refuse to transfer contracts, deny Rangers a transfer fee and thus enhance both their salary and signing-on fee elsewhere (Their new clubs wouldn't have had to pay a fee, thus freeing-up funds). Edu and Bocanegra, both the best example as they were USA internationals and at that time, the most competitive international side we had players associated with, demonstrated how it should have been done. The "bluenoses"? Fucked us over.

We got a fee for Davis because Southampton didn't want to hang around for international clearance. Do you think he was knocking their MDs office every morning, begging for him to pay Rangers? No chance. Davis is a fucking snake - the captain who said fuck all (Imagine John Greig, had that scenario unfolded in his day) and left through the back door for his own gain.

A bad, bad, bad tackle wouldn't go a miss on him.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plays snooker last time I checked.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

I know, mate, wasn't implying you were. 

I can completely understand why none of them wanted to play in the Third Division or didn't trust Charles Green. But I'll never forgive Rangers men like Davis and Naismith for not sticking around like Edu did. Even if we'd got £2 million for them rather than what they were worth, that would still have been money in our coffers. (And if we'd gotten that for McGregor, Davis and Naismith we'd have been £6 million up before the likes of Lafferty, Fleck etc were sold.) 

I could be completely wrong in what I'm about to say.  But...

It was my understanding that when the players agreed to take a paycut they were given the power to renegotiate certain aspects of their contracts.  Most of them put in release clauses that amounted to no more than a few hundred grand.  So even if these players did stick around we wouldn't have gotten decent transfer fees for them anyway as these release clauses had been put in place.

As I said, could be completely wrong with what I've just said.  I remember it being spoken about at the time and I can't be fucked putting the research in to find out if it's accurate or not.  Maybe someone else will know more about it than me.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/08/2017 at 2:51 PM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I could be completely wrong in what I'm about to say.  But...

It was my understanding that when the players agreed to take a paycut they were given the power to renegotiate certain aspects of their contracts.  Most of them put in release clauses that amounted to no more than a few hundred grand.  So even if these players did stick around we wouldn't have gotten decent transfer fees for them anyway as these release clauses had been put in place.

As I said, could be completely wrong with what I've just said.  I remember it being spoken about at the time and I can't be fucked putting the research in to find out if it's accurate or not.  Maybe someone else will know more about it than me.

It probably did happen, but I don't think that changes anything, to be honest. Even if we'd agreed to nominal release fees in the event we didn't find a buyer and had to go the CVA route (which was the plan at one point), meaning they wouldn't receive the lost wages at a late date, they still deprived the club of those nominal release fees. The Rangers fans amongst them are the worst, but I wasn't surprised that Naismith did it - though McGregor not transferring over did surprise me a little, even if he wasn't a dye-in-the-wool bluenose - but Davis wasn't just a fan, but the captain. It's as much principle as anything else. 

I don't wish any physical harm on him or anything, but I hope he's never even brought back to do the half time draw. He should be sine die. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did all the incoming money not go straight to sfa? Which means in any event we would have got sweet FA in any circumstances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck Steven Davis.

Judas, scumbag cunt.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mafia32 said:

Did all the incoming money not go straight to sfa? Which means in any event we would have got sweet FA in any circumstances?

The SFA took the Davis money and I'm pretty sure they would've taken other transfer fees as well.  In fact, didn't they also take our Euro participation money?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the final outcome re: Davis fee? 

I remember Southampton didn't pay the SFA, and we agreed to defer payment until such times as membership was agreed. Did this happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The SFA took the Davis money and I'm pretty sure they would've taken other transfer fees as well.  In fact, didn't they also take our Euro participation money?

I'm sure that was the case. When we needed the money the sfa took it and fucked us even more. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

What was the final outcome re: Davis fee? 

I remember Southampton didn't pay the SFA, and we agreed to defer payment until such times as membership was agreed. Did this happen?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was paid to us by the SFA and straight in Green's back pocket.

Or maybe they were allowed to keep it as a sweetener to grant Green a fit and proper person status after his shady dealings at Sheff United?

Who knows? Maybe this can be part of that horrendous banter years patter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was paid to us by the SFA and straight in Green's back pocket.

Or maybe they were allowed to keep it as a sweetener to grant Green a fit and proper person status after his shady dealings at Sheff United?

Who knows? Maybe this can be part of that horrendous banter years patter.

You should start this as a rumour on twitter. It'll only take a day before the nutters link Paul Brennan with his CQN site are running with "exclusive evidence uncovered that Charles Green bribed the SFA."

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The SFA took the Davis money and I'm pretty sure they would've taken other transfer fees as well.  In fact, didn't they also take our Euro participation money?

They wouldn't have been able to withhold all transfer fees. They withheld our league prize money and the Davis fee, ostensibly due to our "football related debts." Once they were met, there'd be no basis to withhold funds from a member club, and they'd be in murky waters in terms of us being able to pursue them for the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The SFA would have taken it all anyway" is a pretty creative excuse for the traitors, if nothing else.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:tu:

Don't do twitter but feel free to use it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2017 at 6:33 PM, plumbGER said:

:tu:

Don't do twitter but feel free to use it.

Considering starting the rumour that McLeish and Calderwood fixed the 6-1 game using our Dutch speaking players - due to Jimmy speaking the language - and that's how the Dunfermline players didn't know about it. The unwashed will lap it up. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2017 at 6:12 PM, Billythebear77 said:

It's a myth he got us a transfer fee, He left like the other rats, Southampton gave us a nominal fee £800 grand if I remember. That was more to speed up his registration to them.

 

Was it not £2m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Was it not £2m

It was 800k I understood 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, onefootwillie said:

It was 800k I understood 

Might well have been but we never saw a penny if it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Copland bear said:

Might well have been but we never saw a penny if it

True we would never have seen any money from transfers at that time. The SFA would have taken any and if they did not Green and his lot would have. I will never forgive SDM for what he did to us. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0