*** GOLF PGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 ***

Hamie

Terrific burst from DeLaet!

Backed Day, Casey and Chappell. First two had a good couple of rounds before falling away. Chappell just made the cut but is miles behind after a -3 yesterday Expected him to be right up there this weekend. 

7 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Terrific burst from DeLaet!

Backed Day, Casey and Chappell. First two had a good couple of rounds before falling away. Chappell just made the cut but is miles behind after a -3 yesterday Expected him to be right up there this weekend. 

He also birdied the following hole too!

The 18th just seems to be taking no prisoners. Has probably killed off the chances of many although you just never know. Weather is meant to be tough today with high percentages of thunderstorms.

If anyone can get in early at say -3/-4 you just don't know. If there are any delays it may not even finish tonight.

10 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Much do you actually profit each major?

Seems you bet numerous people to win and other tournament bets. Must be staking hundreds during the tournament?

I'd say I am up overall but I only play with what I can afford to lose. And I only bet bigger for Majors when the odds are fantastic. I almost put aside a set amount to play with each major as if it were a bill I had to pay. I never chase and I never rely on winning. 

For this one I probably put on about £150 in total but some of that is just to cover myself, so I have made around £700 profit. Betting £150 sounds a lot of course but I do it in my own mad little way and I only bet what I can afford to lose. I think I can judge what is good value in terms of odds so I only ever bet on players who provide good value. I don't necessarily bet on the best player. I start the tournament by betting on about 20/30 players starting from 100-1. I normally put on about £50-£70. I don't necessarily NEED any of those players to win. I Just need them to be in contention to give me more chances, so I can then reassess after day 1 or day 2. Within those 20/30 players I pick I expect at least 8-10 to be in contention, which then gives me more quantity in terms of those challenging.

Providing they are in contention after day 1, at that point half the field have eliminated themselves, which will also include big name players who were ridiculously short to begin with. Then I can top up on my bets in play by dissecting who is still in the hunt from a far smaller pool, and again only betting on players where I believe they provide good value. I think Thomas was generally 40s/50s but I got him at 66s on day 2. At that point I already had guys like Kisner, Olesen, Murray etc.

For me, betting on golf is all about quantity, and if you want to get the best value you have to be patient, follow the full 4 days and know the course etc. You then have to be ready to bet in play, and fast. For example, if you know someone has just got through a difficult hole and then have a short par 4 and a par 5 coming up next there's a good chance they'll get a couple of birdies and their odds will shorten massively so it's all about timing but there's always a huge element of risk and luck involved.

If I was asked who would win I would have said Matsuyama. However, you would have struggled to get more than 10s pre tournament, That to me is not good value no matter how amazing he is, and if you want a decent return you're betting say £20/£30 on one guy who is ultimately 1 bad swing away from playing himself out of contention. You only have to look at Day on the 18th yesterday. IMO it's almost impossible to hand select one winner, especially when the depth of talent is so good. If you're patient though, for example, Matsuyama went to +2 on day one and at that point he went out as far as 25s. That represents good value but I didn't go for it. 

I didn't have Spieth for The Open, so you win some you lose some............

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Peter alliss still on the mike? Sorry but golf has moved on....sky coverage is the standard now and Peter won't cut it.

The commentators and the lead presenter were terrible throughout. They were constantly getting players mixed up and pronouncing so many names incorrectly. They also seemed to have significantly delayed coverage It was all a bit amateurish..............