That was painful to watch

KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

My hands were painful from clapping, my throat sore from shouting and cheering and my head ringing from the noise around me. Painful but in a good way.

I sat at Ibrox last night with a lump in my throat, not my Bar72 chicken curry, oh no, this was an emotional lump. A strange feeling had came over me and hard as it was to keep telling myself "it's only fucking Dunfermline" there was a change in the wind, a weird sensation I tried to fathom, a sensation I have not had in way too long a time.

It's hard after 5 years of shite to trust anyone and that includes players and managers. We have had to put up with cheap fakes, powder puff and managers who were just not good at their job..... Charlatans, shysters and con-men, taking a wage and giving fuck all back. 

It's also difficult to leave 5 years behind, it's ripped us apart so I can see where folks are wary and sceptical and not trusting, but do you know what, this just feels different, in my heart and head it feels different - watching Pedro and those players last night, fighting, organised, clever, I think finally we can move on -  never forget -  but move on. 

This is gonna be some season ahead, I can tell you that for sure

Stick that on your fucking Birthday card

And then we play hibs at home!!

Left last night buzzing but it's still early doors. Signs are positive though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I share your sentiments and I'm on a high but I'll reserve myself until after Hibs. After that, I'll try and reserve myself until after Hearts.

Win both those games and the message is out there. Then it's the challenge to keep ourselves reasonably level with the Tarriers before the first OF.

Nah Dunfermline obviously lay down for us again :whistle:

We've waited so long for a sign that Pedro knows how to set up a football team, so it's good to see that he's finally delivered a couple of wins. Need to keep it going now by beating the junkies on Saturday.

Hopefully the forwards score some more goals as we look ok elsewhere on the pitch as long as we don't get injuries or lose key players like last season. So far it's been better than I expected but that's more to do with the fact we drew and got two wins against the French and English teams in the friendlies. 

Time will tell if that's us on our way as it's a long season but a win at the weekend would be pleasing. The bitterness from the manager to the stands and players of that lot towards us means it should be a difficult game. The type that will give a better indication of where we are at than the last few games.

Missed it live due to work but watched the replay last night, and what a thing of beauty it was. Agree with what others have said, it finally feels like the team is starting to click. Aye, it was only the Pars, but this still felt like the start of something special. Hope we can power on from this and tear those junky bastards a few new ones on the weekend - God knows they have some serious payback due them.

49 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

yup it is still early doors, but don't you think this feels different? from all the other false dawns

It is certainly a huge step in the right direction. If we manage to get 2 or 3 more in I'll be happy we have a squad to compete.

2 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Based on these two competitive games, I would give Pedro 6/10 so far. If we do Hibs 3-0, it may well go up to 7/10.

Last season we would never have scored 6 by Dunfermline and last season we'd at best have drawn against Mo.well - at least conceded 2 or 3 goals.

So, the future is brighter, much brighter - and if walker and a right/left back comes in, then the future could be very good indeed.

WATP 

3 hours ago, Sket said:

Hmmm. 

Remember when we played st mirren a couple of years ago and the whole stadium erupted in applause after some nice play by waghorn and tav...how did that turn out?

We've won the square root of fuck all,people need to settle down.

I enjoyed that game you refer to. However, we nearly went 2-2 when we gave away a penalty as I recall.

We have better cover, better balance and better players now, which is a far cry from what I witnessed that night against St Mirren

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

If you remember that was one good move in 90 minutes in a game we could have lost. Last night was good flowing football with fight and intensity for the whole game which we haven't seen since 2011. We need to repeat that week after week for the next month before I  think we are the real deal but more optimistic than I have been for a while.

The real deal because we just beat a team who have just came up from the 3rd tier?

Fuck me how our standards have fallen.

20 minutes ago, Sket said:

The real deal because we just beat a team who have just came up from the 3rd tier?

Fuck me how our standards have fallen.

Draw against Marseille, win against S.wedneaday, Watford, M.well & a trouncing of Dunfermline - not too shabby really.

12 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I enjoyed that game you refer to. However, we nearly went 2-2 when we gave away a penalty as I recall.

We have better cover, better balance and better players now, which is a far cry from what I witnessed that night against St Mirren

Yep,and at the time we had better cover,better balance and better players than we'd had in the previous seasons. We were playing better football and people got carried away.

We've done nothing of note,we should be hammering teams like Dunfermline,what we shouldn't be doing is crowing about winning the league after doing so. 

3 hours ago, Sket said:

Hmmm. 

Remember when we played st mirren a couple of years ago and the whole stadium erupted in applause after some nice play by waghorn and tav...how did that turn out?

We've won the square root of fuck all,people need to settle down.

The game you're talking about was definitely Peterhead , I remember it vividly because when I read Keysersoze's op that moment came straight to me . I was in the Govan stand that night when Tav kept the ball in with a back heel only for Waggie to do the usual by missing the barn door ?. I'd never witnessed a spontaneous standing ovation with no goal scored and it felt great on the back of Allys shite, and we did play some great football under Warburton, even if it was a false dawn. Saturday will be massive and hopefully we kick on and I can start to believe we can challenge the tims. Morelos must start as his movement was the catalyst to a much improved performance over Sunday and this is where Johansson earns his corn by letting Pedro and the boys know that this isn't just another game.

12 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The game you're talking about was definitely Peterhead , I remember it vividly because when I read Keysersoze's op that moment came straight to me . I was in the Govan stand that night when Tav kept the ball in with a back heel only for Waggie to do the usual by missing the barn door ?. I'd never witnessed a spontaneous standing ovation with no goal scored and it felt great on the back of Allys shite, and we did play some great football under Warburton, even if it was a false dawn. Saturday will be massive and hopefully we kick on and I can start to believe we can challenge the tims. Morelos must start as his movement was the catalyst to a much improved performance over Sunday and this is where Johansson earns his corn by letting Pedro and the boys know that this isn't just another game.

You may well be right re peterhead,i was thinking st mirren as that was a friday night game and i mind it being pretty dark/staduim being floodlit.

Definitely need a solid win on Sat,imo we need a run of about 5/6/7 wins from the off,no fucking about. 

56 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

not like this feeling, nothing like it

I hope your feeling is right - but I was very excited at the start of the MW reign - the way we played, the ethos coming from the club, etc etc. 

I'm an eternal optimist so I'm going for a cautiously optimistic approach and going to enjoy it build!! 

54 minutes ago, Sket said:

:lol:

Excellent,7 points from 9 in the Friendly Premier League.

He also missed out our worst ever European result, too many people getting carried away last night.

if we do that up until the old firm I'll jump aboard but I still think it'll be a battle for 2nd

9 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

He also missed out our worst ever European result, too many people getting carried away last night.

if we do that up until the old firm I'll jump aboard but I still think it'll be a battle for 2nd

EUFA exit was a disaster - which I'm prepared to overlook for the moment. And I typed that whilst in a traffic jam - and EUFA was not on my mind.

From the very outset of our recent dilemma, I've been of the opinion that 'all's well that ends well - if it's no well, then it's not ended'.

But that's an optimistic view.

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

EUFA exit was a disaster - which I'm prepared to overlook for the moment. And I typed that whilst in a traffic jam - and EUFA was not on my mind.

From the very outset of our recent dilemma, I've been of the opinion that 'all's well that ends well - if it's no well, then it's not ended'.

But that's an optimistic view.

We will return, and they will rue the fucking day they fucked with us,

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

My hands were painful from clapping, my throat sore from shouting and cheeising and my head ringing from the noise around me. Painful but in a good way.

I sat at Ibrox last night with a lump in my throat, not my Bar72 chicken curry, oh no, this was an emotional lump. A strange feeling had came over me and hard as it was to keep telling myself "it's only fucking Dunfermline" there was a change in the wind, a weird sensation I tried to fathom, a sensation I have not had in way too long a time.

It's hard after 5 years of shite to trust anyone and that includes players and managers. We have had to put up with cheap fakes, powder puff and managers who were just not good at their job..... Charlatans, shysters and con-men, taking a wage and giving fuck all back. 

It's also difficult to leave 5 years behind, it's ripped us apart so I can see where folks are wary and sceptical and not trusting, but do you know what, this just feels different, in my heart and head it feels different - watching Pedro and those players last night, fighting, organised, clever, I think finally we can move on -  never forget -  but move on. 

This is gonna be some season ahead, I can tell you that for sure

Stick that on your fucking Birthday card

Is IT real chicken IN the curry or that plastic processed stuff ?

I felt the wind of confidence sweeping through Ibrox last night for the first time for years also, here IS to the wind continuing for a long long time. The whole feeling from the stands was superb with smiles and cheers which have been missing For far too long. Great post op.