That was painful to watch

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Yep,and at the time we had better cover,better balance and better players than we'd had in the previous seasons. We were playing better football and people got carried away.

We've done nothing of note,we should be hammering teams like Dunfermline,what we shouldn't be doing is crowing about winning the league after doing so. 

I quite agree with what you have said, but you've got to have hope man! I am happier with what I saw last night compared to the last few years.

I don't think we'll win the league, but as long as we show a big step up from last year it will go a long way to getting over last year!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

EUFA exit was a disaster - which I'm prepared to overlook for the moment. And I typed that whilst in a traffic jam - and EUFA was not on my mind.

From the very outset of our recent dilemma, I've been of the opinion that 'all's well that ends well - if it's no well, then it's not ended'.

But that's an optimistic view.

Fair enough mate can't blame you hahahah I am pessimistic at times to be fair but from what I've seen of both teams the tims will still give everyone a doing ATM I just hope we majorly improve 

20 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

He also missed out our worst ever European result, too many people getting carried away last night.

if we do that up until the old firm I'll jump aboard but I still think it'll be a battle for 2nd

Europe came too soon for all the squad to be in place... simple as that

9 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Is IT real chicken IN the curry or that plastic processed stuff ?

I felt the wind of confidence sweeping through Ibrox last night for the first time for years also, here IS to the wind continuing for a long long time. The whole feeling from the stands was superb with smiles and cheers which have been missing For far too long. Great post op.

reAl ChiCKen Piper, farM reaRED hand fed.....

:lol:

Just seeing the team fighting every minute of the game, the players tracking back and not taking the foot off the gas is what we want week in week out. For 5 years we have had men in Rangers strips who turned up not giving a rats arse about the club or the fans. Now we have a group of players who know that 3 bad games in a 6 month period will see them booted to the level they belong means we are nearly back. NEARLY. 

The day we retake the throne is the day we can stick our middle finger up to every filthy bastard associated in any way to the SFA, we can say get it right fucking up you. We are Rangers. We Are The People

17 minutes ago, TaysideBear said:

Just seeing the team fighting every minute of the game, the players tracking back and not taking the foot off the gas is what we want week in week out. For 5 years we have had men in Rangers strips who turned up not giving a rats arse about the club or the fans. Now we have a group of players who know that 3 bad games in a 6 month period will see them booted to the level they belong means we are nearly back. NEARLY. 

The day we retake the throne is the day we can stick our middle finger up to every filthy bastard associated in any way to the SFA, we can say get it right fucking up you. We are Rangers. We Are The People

Rebuilding of a club and a team is WIP (work in progress) - Rangers supporters are impatient and so we should be - our team, our manager and our board must perform to our expectation, not the other way around. Otherwise we'll be fixed to a runofthemill piece of nonsense and the Bears, we'll never stand for that.

FTP

5 hours ago, Sket said:

Hmmm. 

Remember when we played st mirren a couple of years ago and the whole stadium erupted in applause after some nice play by waghorn and tav...how did that turn out?

We've won the square root of fuck all,people need to settle down.

Agree with you 100%, I am still giving him until October before I jump on the bandwagon of love.

Still, getting Alves alone was fucking fantastic to me, that man is a beast in defence and apparently in attack now as well! Closest signing to him that I can think of is when we signed Big Tel as I was over the moon about that signing. Still think Bruno should be captain but I think he can make himself known regardless of an armband so not worried there.

11 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Agree with you 100%, I am still giving him until October before I jump on the bandwagon of love.

Still, getting Alves alone was fucking fantastic to me, that man is a beast in defence and apparently in attack now as well! Closest signing to him that I can think of is when we signed Big Tel as I was over the moon about that signing. Still think Bruno should be captain but I think he can make himself known regardless of an armband so not worried there.

c'mon Malvern jump in - it will feel like the bygone days of yore - you just need to let the last few years go.... 

5 hours ago, magic8ball said:

the difference in quality this season is a couple of levels at least above last year 

Warburton tried last year but most players didn't work out,Nico injured early on,Windass never fit and Barton, well that just didn't work out at all ,

we were left with the basis of our championship team with only miller as our best player by a street at 37,now miller is a good player but no Rangers team should ever have him as there best player there should be a few in the team better than him 

this season we definanatly have a team that's close to be worthy of wearing the jersey and those peado harbouring dicks are going to get a real fright ,

saw a few posts on Facebook from bears and Timmys jumping in claiming they are even better than they were last season,don't let them kid you ,they ain't and we will run them closer than they could ever imagine 

our disaster in Europe has taken our enemies eye off the ball,they still think we are poor and a lot think the sheep wi still take 2nd ,there's going to be a lot of upset haters and a lot of sleepless nights for them 

Celtic are overrated in my eyes, been seeing far too much negativity coming from our own support giving Celtic far too much credit, even in the game against Hearts, sure they are scoring goals, but honestly the defending by Hearts was anything to feel "Oh God, how are Rangers going to compete against this?" I did say I'm a very optimistic, positive minded person, so no I really do not see Celtic as anything spectacular.

People can argue that great football teams get results week in, week out and I do not deny this even if they scraped out the results, but the way people were bumming Celtic up was almost as if they were this unstoppable force banging goals in right left and centre, really?

Inversness 2-2 Celtic
Dundee 0-1 Celtic
Aberdeen 0-1 Celtic
Kilmarnock 0-1 Celtic
Motherwell 3-4 Celtic
Celtic 1-0 Hamilton
Celtic 2-1 Dundee
Celtic 1-0 Partick Thistle
Celtic 1-0 St. Johnstone
Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
Celtic 1-1 Rangers
Ross County 2-2 Celtic

Are Celtic going to get as many points as they did last season? Doubt it, the way they make themselves sound is almost as if they brushed those teams aside with ease, really, single goals and they were brushing them aside banging goals in right, left and centre, really? Don't think so some how. Whilst they won other games convincingly and doesn't matter who says what against last season's Rangers team, Celtic are not as "superior" as they like to have you believe.

Sometimes it is good to be viewed as the underdog, when they view us as poor then it takes the pressure off our backs in many ways. Pedro has enough pressure as it is because he knows his job is on the line and he has to get results, we don't need that added pressure and with Celtic writing us off then that can only be a good thing going into the Old Firm game, they may have that arrogant attitude thinking it'll be a pushover? I'm not sure if that's how their actual players think but I'm confident Rangers can do well. Hell if last season's Rangers team can have a go at them and draw 1-1 I'm sure this Rangers team is more than capable of beating them.

I'm still aware however there are areas Rangers are really going to need to strengthen such as full back area, especially if Celtic get a hold of Patrick Roberts then there remains my worry this season. We have players however that on their day will certainly cause Celtic a lot of problems and I'm certainly confident Rangers will beat them at Ibrox.

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

c'mon Malvern jump in - it will feel like the bygone days of yore - you just need to let the last few years go.... 

Don't make me wait till the 12th next year :UK:

Got things to prove yet but the team looks a huge leap forward from last year and even Windass is getting off his arse for Pedro, loved the managers reactions in the second half 4 and 5 nil up and still giving pelters when things were not going right! We have been missing that for a hell of a long time.

Didn't press the panic button when things went tits up , so not going to get too carried away . . . . just yet . But there's no doubting things are looking to be coming together just now , with some excellent performances on the park . The players look as though they're understanding PC's style , as well as starting to understand each other .

We have to keep building on this to give us a solid foundation . 

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

My hands were painful from clapping, my throat sore from shouting and cheering and my head ringing from the noise around me. Painful but in a good way.

I sat at Ibrox last night with a lump in my throat, not my Bar72 chicken curry, oh no, this was an emotional lump. A strange feeling had came over me and hard as it was to keep telling myself "it's only fucking Dunfermline" there was a change in the wind, a weird sensation I tried to fathom, a sensation I have not had in way too long a time.

It's hard after 5 years of shite to trust anyone and that includes players and managers. We have had to put up with cheap fakes, powder puff and managers who were just not good at their job..... Charlatans, shysters and con-men, taking a wage and giving fuck all back. 

It's also difficult to leave 5 years behind, it's ripped us apart so I can see where folks are wary and sceptical and not trusting, but do you know what, this just feels different, in my heart and head it feels different - watching Pedro and those players last night, fighting, organised, clever, I think finally we can move on -  never forget -  but move on. 

This is gonna be some season ahead, I can tell you that for sure

Stick that on your fucking Birthday card

Excellent mate, totally my sentiments and emotions last night, I'm sure we were not alone, there is something very special happening in the journey of our club.

I see from an article on the Rangers website today quoting the manager ...."PEDRO CAIXINHA is understandably delighted with Rangers’ strong start to the new season – but was at pains to point out it’s nothing more than that."

I think he is wise to make that statement.   Winning momentum - consistently good so that we are right up there contending for the title - is what he is looking for, and what we are all looking for.  That will be the surest sign of the team being a proper Rangers side challenging for the title as it should be doing.   I hope he can produce a team that achieves that winning momentum.   

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So you are gonna sit the whole season .Williamson, with a gob on until we win the league? you actually are, aren't you.......

Absolutely not, I was having a great time watching that last night and im buzzing for Saturday now because of it. I can't bring myself to let my hopes be built up and shattered again though. 

That said if we finish our first game of the season against the taigs ahead of them on points I'll be wanking myself into a frenzy 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Absolutely not, I was having a great time watching that last night and im buzzing for Saturday now because of it. I can't bring myself to let my hopes be built up and shattered again though. 

That said if we finish our first game of the season against the taigs ahead of them on points I'll be wanking myself into a frenzy 

so it is worth a fuck........  to you

:tu:

6 hours ago, Sket said:

The real deal because we just beat a team who have just came up from the 3rd tier?

Fuck me how our standards have fallen.

That's why I said we need a couple of months of these performances, Read the fecking post.