Dalcio

K.A.I

I know the little we've seen of him hasn't been great. 

But I'm thinking the games he played in were the Progres games when no-one really gave a good account of themselves. I didn't think he was any worse than Candaies who's improved and looks like he can offer us something. 

Likewise Cardoso and Morelos I don't think they looked great in that tie either but have settled 

Should Dalcio be given the same chance? 

Its not the end of the world if he isn't given a chance but I'm just thinking out loud that others who didn't look great in that tie now look like they could give us something.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know the little we've seen of him hasn't been great. 

But I'm thinking the games he played in were the Progres games when no-one really gave a good account of themselves. I didn't think he was any worse than Candaies who's improved and looks like he can offer us something. 

Likewise Cardoso and Morelos I don't think they looked great in that tie either but have settled 

Should Dalcio be given the same chance? 

Its not the end of the world if he isn't given a chance but I'm just thinking out loud that others who didn't look great in that tie now look like they could give us something.

Candeias who came on in the final 20 minutes against St. Johnstone down the left-wing looked impressive and that was his first game for Rangers in the first pre season friendly against St. Johnstone, one which we drew 0-0. Dalcio even from that moment looked like he was giving the ball away.

2 things must be said:

1. he's a young boy and I'm sure if he's gradually brought on he can improve as a player, we've barely seen much of him and for all we know we could see better from him yet. He was decent at home against Progreś and can certainly improve.

2. he's here on loan for a reason, I reckon the reason for him being the loan signing was so that Pedro could have a look at him, give him a chance to make a name for himself and if it doesn't work out, no hard loss.

I would like to see him bred into the team, but as people have already mentioned if Walker comes in it would be difficult for him to break through, maybe there's more to the boy we haven't seen yet though.

Probably a bit harsh to judge him in such a short time , at a period the players were still settling in . 

Im sure he'll get his chance , but may have to wait a while with the way the team is playing right now . Why break up a winning formulae . 

1 minute ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Candeias who came on in the final 20 minutes against St. Johnstone down the left-wing looked impressive and that was his first game for Rangers in the first pre season friendly against St. Johnstone, one which we drew 0-0. Dalcio even from that moment looked like he was giving the ball away.

The initial pre season games at Auchenhowie Dalcio was getting quoted as impressive. Just saying. 

Im not making a case for him I'm just thinking out loud if he might offer us something now

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The initial pre season games at Auchenhowie Dalcio was getting quoted as impressive. Just saying. 

Im not making a case for him I'm just thinking out loud if he might offer us something now

Hard to say K.A.I, when I saw him on his debut although not much of him he looked nervy and was thinking first impression of him that he's going to get bullied off the ball in the SPFL, he cannot afford to slip up like that or he'll give the ball away. I think it's just nerves and therefore even then I was thinking that maybe if and when he settles and gets rhythm he could become a good player for us.

So I pretty much agree with your initial point K.A.I, I'm confident we might see something out of him, perhaps Rangers could bring him on during games we're winning to see how he does, slowly bred him into the team. No harm bringing him on for Windass second half if Rangers are ahead.

Agree that no one else gave a good account of themselves but Dalcio's attidue and technical ability in both games were rubbish.

Trying skill moves out of Fifa he couldn't pull off, pissing about, not being able yo make 5 and 10 yard passes.

His cameo against Marseille when everyone else seemed to have shaken off their rubbishness was terrible too.

I fear we have signed a dud but happy to be proved wrong.

I am starting tot hink that we can't really take much from the progress result.  It was a shocker, and we deserved what we got.  but since then we have looked the part, played really well, and the players just keep getting better and more cohesive.  I am alll for giving them all a clean slate under Pedro and judging them as the season goes on.

I said after the Progres game that he was our 2nd best player for about 30 minutes (after Niko). 

Some of his first touches and overuse of the ball are poor.

However... the whole team has came on leaps and bounds since then. Could see how he is now...

I don't think this guy has what it takes to play for us.

The manager has stated that he wants real men playing for him, well real men don't pull out of 50/50 balls the way Dalcio does, he's got no heart.

I don't know what the terms of his loan contract dictate but in my he opinion he should be shipped back to Portugal as soon as possible

Windass was slated after the game in Luxembourg and looks to have had a swift kick in the fanny from Pedro and has since showed more grit and determination to prove the manager wrong. Dalcio should look at this and learn from what Windass is doing. There are probably only 3 or 4 names certain of a game in this side and Windass would not be one of them. Can he do it? I hope he does. Will he? I have my doubts that he is prepared to work hard enough