Dalcio

K.A.I

If not for Windass building up some great momentum I'd be inclined to give Dalcio another chance. The fact he's a loan sign suggests that Pedro wasn't overly sure in him to begin with but there may be a player hidden there.

Its Herrera I want to see get game time with Morelos as I think they could turn into a great partnership.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

It is definitely odd that he has dropped out of the squad all together. Wednesday would have been perfect to reintroduce him and give him a few minutes.

I'm not convinced by Dalcio BTW, so him falling out of favour doesn't bother me at all.

Maybe a wee injury, perhaps?

Possibly helps Pedro (in an odd way) by limiting his choices to his main men, instead of juggling giving everybody game time at the expense of his first picks.

Still too early in the season for anyone to claim 'tiredness' & needing to rotate.

53 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Maybe a wee injury, perhaps?

Possibly helps Pedro (in an odd way) by limiting his choices to his main men, instead of juggling giving everybody game time at the expense of his first picks.

Still too early in the season for anyone to claim 'tiredness' & needing to rotate.

He hasn't been mentioned in terms of injury in the press conferences. So that suggests to me that Pedro has either lost confidence in him or has identified a weakness in his play that he is trying to correct before deploying him again (ie he's maybe not up to the rough and tumble of Scottish football).

I'd like the press to ask these kinds of questions rather than "Have you ever met Neil Lennon?"

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would rather we terminated the loan deal and use the money for Walker. 

Won't make any difference his wages will be a fraction of what Walker would be getting plus the £1M transfer fee. The wages we would save would pay about 5% of getting Walker.

Perhaps, but for the moment I don't want to needless put him in especially when Windass needs a run of games.

If we get a comfortable lead at the weekend then throw him on and see what he can do.

Made the bench against motherwell so he must figure in the managers plans, if we judged all the new signings on the Progres games we'd be fucking doomed, like Pena the boys adjusting to a new language and culture, he's played for Portugal U19's and U20's, he's only 21, so there must be some talent in there somewhere.

If he's shite Its no real biggy he's only a loan, sometimes a punt works sometimes it doesn't.

34 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

South American is still American, geographically if not politically, his ancestors got invited on a free cruise to the Americas same as African Americans from North America.

He's no South American either. Portuguese.

The issue I have with Dalcio is that he is a winger who seems to posess no significant pace, skill or creativity. Regardless of form or match practice you would be able to see if he had those things and he clearly doesn't.

So to be honest yes I have pretty much written him off. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong but to be honest I just can't see it happening.

If we want to have a shot of challenging this year we need another winger of higher quality because at the minute we are just relying on Candeias if he gets injured or goes through a poor patch of form we have no threat from the wide areas at all.

3 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

South American is still American, geographically if not politically, his ancestors got invited on a free cruise to the Americas same as African Americans from North America.

A free cruise, they rowed all the fucking way.

11 hours ago, Muz333 said:

If not for Windass building up some great momentum I'd be inclined to give Dalcio another chance. The fact he's a loan sign suggests that Pedro wasn't overly sure in him to begin with but there may be a player hidden there.

Its Herrera I want to see get game time with Morelos as I think they could turn into a great partnership.

Herrera looks miles of the pace atm, Miller and Morelos is a no brainer.