Embarrassing.

TMB

Aye, it shouldn't have been a sending off. but...

We should still be able to muster a lot more than that performance.  Each time our defence won the ball back we high punted it up the park and gave possession straight back to Hibs.  Is this why Herrera was brought in?  Are we going to punt it front to back as a tactic?  That's not a Rangers team I want to watch.

We're badly lacking quality in the middle of the park.  We've gone in to this season with Windass and Miller still running around in there and that's a sacking offence in my opinion.  We were powder puff in midfield last season, and we were powder puff again today.  We need a big commanding CM who can put his foot on the ball and boss games.  We also need a creative wide player who can occupy that left-side and attack with real purpose.

Say what you will about Kranjcar but at least he attempts to play football instead of hoofing the ball all over the fucking park and I would say we missed him today.

Pedro had to go in to this season and start winning consistently.  He's failed to do that.  To get outplayed at Ibrox in the manner we did today was totally embarrassing.  I think that's up there with the 5-1 gubbing we got from Celtic.  We were dominated by a newly promoted team. 

We actually paid McGregor off a few years back and replaced him with Kiernan.  Our club is a complete, and utter, circus.

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We should still be able to muster a lot more than that performance.  Each time our defence won the ball back we high punted it up the park and gave possession straight back to Hibs.  Is this why Herrera was brought in?  Are we going to punt it front to back as a tactic?  That's not a Rangers team I want to watch.

We're badly lacking quality in the middle of the park.  We've gone in to this season with Windass and Miller still running around in there and that's a sacking offence in my opinion.  We were powder puff in midfield last season, and we were powder puff again today.  We need a big commanding CM who can put his foot on the ball and boss games.  We also need a creative wide player who can occupy that left-side and attack with real purpose.

Say what you will about Kranjcar but at least he attempts to play football instead of hoofing the ball all over the fucking park and I would say we missed him today.

Pedro had to go in to this season and start winning consistently.  He's failed to do that.  To get outplayed at Ibrox in the manner we did today was totally embarrassing.  I think that's up there with the 5-1 gubbing we got from Celtic.  We were dominated by a newly promoted team. 

We actually paid McGregor off a few years back and replaced him with Kiernan.  Our club is a complete, and utter, circus.

Yup ..damn straight .

I get what you're saying mate but you can't blame the midfield today when they were being totally bypassed with the shitey second half tactics.  You don't know if there were injuries at half time but I'd have kept the same wide men and brought Rossiter (or maybe Niko at a push) to shore up the midfield again and leave Morelos up top and taken Miller off. You then get the wide men to flood forward and Dorrans to push on because Rossiter is playing in Jack's position (who had cruised the first 20mins himself). We looked so disjointed in the second half, I'm afraid 3-2 flattered us as they were rarely troubled. 

As for McGregor, he is crap and we're well shot of him and Ambrose is just as bad. However, our tactics made them have a comfortable second half. 

Disgusting allowing they spoon burners leave Ibrox with 3 points. Fucking feel physically ill. Complete joke of a referee aye, but no fight or bottle. I grew up watching Rangers scoring early, grabbing diddy teams like this by the fucking jugular and not letting go till they were ready to get the bus home to where they belong. 

11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Agree with lots of what you say . We were down to 10 men however

Although his half time substitutions were unbelievable

Pena coming on at all was just un fucking believable .

I hate to say it . At 3-1 it was going on 5 because of Pedro's rank bad decision making .

We have now lost home games in humiliating fashion  versus Scum , Sheep and Hivs in consecutive big games

You just can not get away from that . No matter how much I like certain things about him at this moment

11 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

3-4-2 is daft when your a man and goal down.

Should have went with the 4-4-1 keep your two banks of four and played on the counter attack.

Herrera up top with 10 men was never going to work.

Pedro was Bonkers . Especially as Herrera  will never be a player that wins games for us . Never

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Up there with the 5-1 game? That's nonsense mate. It's nowhere near it. We were beat 3-2 and played most of the game a man down. I'd also say that although they are newly promoted they do have one of the stronger squads in the league and will probably finish in the top 4 or 5 this season. They will also raise their game for us every time we play them so we will always find it more difficult playing them than other teams will. I realise that for us to have a successful season we need to be beating Hibs and Aberdeen but decisions definitely went against us today and it could possibly have turned out differently. So, I think we have to give the manager and team the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

6 minutes ago, Iron Proddy said:

League is done

None of the other tinpot clubs in the league have any intention of beating Celtic.

We've been fucked over by a fenian bastard ref.

I know you will be shouted down by the usual retards . "That is beggar patter these guys will say" " fuck that " they will say .

But you are 100 % correct .

He has previous . Never once have we won a game off a controversial decision with him though .

Dallas , McCurrie , McDonald were all hunted out of the game .

I always said . No they don't have the refs.

After the strike . Certain things changed and certain refs were fast tracked . These same refs are getting the big games now .

We are not going to win close games with these sort of refs . We are going to have to be much better against the opposition .

Or we will have many days like today

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Bonkers . Especially as he will never be a player that wins games for us . Never

Herrera is the type of player who wins the ball in the air for the secondary striker/midfielder to feed off it. Down to ten the gap between midfield and attack was too much for that kind of tactic.

Miller seems to be undroppable.

He misses too many chances and looses the ball to many times to be a starter.

He's been a great servant but he's not the answer.

We are dragging our heels over Walker and I'm even starting to think get Naishame signed. We can't have another embarrassment like last season where the league is over by November. 

41 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Pena instead of Kranjkar baffles me, keeping Miller on instead of Rossiter in midfield baffles me even more. Last season I was confused by Pedro now I am baffled. I am not sure if this is step forward but the results and performances feel really similar.

7 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Pena instead of Kranjkar baffles me, keeping Miller on instead of Rossiter in midfield baffles me even more. Last season I was confused by Pedro now I am baffled. I am not sure if this is step forward but the results and performances feel really similar.

We have Kenny Miller running around in midfield like a headless chicken.  We need an actual footballer in there that knows the role and can pass it around.  Jack can be that man but after the sending off we should've brought in another CM, not put Kenny in there.  Windass and Miller are good athletes with plenty of running in them but they haven't got enough ability on the ball to occupy our midfield.  Pedro's signed two good CBs and I do think Dorrans and Jack will give us a tougher midfield.  However, without more attacking quality in the wider areas and up front we'll struggle and just start punting it long like we did today.  If we don't sign more attacking quality before the window closes we're fucked.

Hibs seem to have better players than us midfield to front and that's ridiculous.  They've turned their squad round in one summer and now look like they can compete for second.  They were passing it around in the middle and pressing us high up the pitch no problem at all.  Other teams are progressing while we remain either stagnant or move backwards. 

36 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We have Kenny Miller running around in midfield like a headless chicken.  We need an actual footballer in there that knows the role and can pass it around.  Jack can be that man but after the sending off we should've brought in another CM, not put Kenny in there.  Windass and Miller are good athletes with plenty of running in them but they haven't got enough ability on the ball to occupy our midfield.  Pedro's signed two good CBs and I do think Dorrans and Jack will give us a tougher midfield.  However, without more attacking quality in the wider areas and up front we'll struggle and just start punting it long like we did today.  If we don't sign more attacking quality before the window closes we're fucked.

Hibs seem to have better players than us midfield to front and that's ridiculous.  They've turned their squad round in one summer and now look like they can compete for second.  They were passing it around in the middle and pressing us high up the pitch no problem at all.  Other teams are progressing while we remain either stagnant or move backwards. 

That's the point I am making, Pedro continuously picks players and formations that you cannot see any logic too. He played Rossiter beside Dorrans midweek so for me it would seem logical to then go one up top and keep your midfield four in place. But he waits and we lose a goal before halftime which means you are coming out to chase the game. To then further compound a poor decision he brings on Pena, who apparently is on a separate fitness regime in order to bring him up to the same level of fitness as the rest of the squad. He then leaves Kranjkar and Rossiter on the bench who both have had full pre season training !!  as I said baffled...

They were not bossing the game before Jack got sent off they were just starting to get a foothold in it. After the red card it was a different story but how many folk are seeing it as they were dominant team the whole game is beyond belief must have been watching a different game to me.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

They signed a manager who knows the scottish game inside out, thats why McInnes should have been our manager no two ways about it.

2 minutes ago, soulboy said:

They were not bossing the game before Jack got sent off they were just starting to get a foothold in it. After the red card it was a different story but how many folk are seeing it as they were dominant team the whole game is beyond belief must have been watching a different game to me.

The same people seem to be saying Herrera didn't win a single aerial battle when in reality he won most but didn't have anyone running in behind playing off him. Some people just don't understand the game