Consistent failures in the big games

JukeBoxJohn

It's all fine and well scraping wins against the likes of Motherwell and Partick Thistle etc and hammering Championship teams.

But when it comes to the games with a big occasion and atmosphere attached Pedro and team fail to adapt and rise to the occasion.

The scum twice last season, Aberdeen at Ibrox, Progres Niederkorn and now the game today.

Now don't get me wrong woeful refereeing played a big part today but we had 45 mins to salvage a result and we offered next to nothing in that second half. When teams are hyped up for the big meaningful games we fail to respond and it's worrying.

I'm going to keep saying it in every single relevant thread and don't care if it sickens people but we were all told win first 4 games of the season no excuses 

the ref was a cunt but going down to ten galvanises teams 

we have no spine or back bone or plan b 

Total lack of game management when we are on top. You cant ask for a better start today but by the sounds of things it was like a game of basket ball after that and it was the same against Motherwell absolutely no idea how to keep possession and take the sting out of an opponent and let a game calm down a bit.

Dominated until they sucker punched us with the goal, which was utter pish defending form the glory boys at the back.  I'm gutted we STILL don't have someone in that team that clenches the fist and says "right you fucking lot, this isn't acceptable so get right in to them now".  We are still as soft as a baby's first shite. 

44 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Miller is fucking infuriating to watch.

Yes, he's won us some critical games - but he consistently fails to deliver.

More a miss than a hit.

Agreed. Esp when the pressure is on. Late on he could have shot instead of trying to thread thru. 

55 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Miller is fucking infuriating to watch.

Yes, he's won us some critical games - but he consistently fails to deliver.

More a miss than a hit.

His whole career hes been more of a miss than a hit. Should have been playing against us today with his pal Lenny.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Here's the thing though, he talks about now having "men" in team. Our defending is still a shambles and the 2 in midfield against 3 means we are overrun against the 'better' teams.

we should be playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

If his preference is 2 up front then go 3-5-2.

The defense is that bad, Tavernier was our best one today.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The other teams want it more than we do.

What i'd give for an Ian Ferguson in there..

He'd have been sent off, though knowing Fergie he'd have taken someone out the game.  Jack and Dorrans were both doing well till beaton had his moment

A man down for 3 thirds of the game, with a midfield 4 including Miller compared to their midfield 5 was always going to have one outcome.

The ref was a cunt, some players were really poor, and Pedro at fault for not identifying and fixing problem after we went to 10 men.

There is weak mentality throughout the heart of this Rangers team, lack of desire from some of the players on show today are nothing short of shocking quicker they are punted the better replaced with players who know whats it like to play for the badge and can handle the pressure week in week out.

Not good enough simple as that.   We couldn't have asked for a better start, but indiscipline when provoked coupled with a lack of desire when the going got tough proved too much.  The crowd sensed it too, Ibrox should have been a deafening wall of noise in the second half as the players rolled their sleaves up and got stuck in but I think we all knew it wasn't to be. 

The start of the game was the most we've looked up for a match in a long time. It was exactly what we wanted to see.

But the players faded away as soon as the faced adversity. We do need someone who can take the team by the scruff of the neck and give them a kick up the arse to drive them on to get results. Thought Bruno could be that player but he didn't show it today

I dont mean to be all doom and gloom, but I was there and for me the sending off only serves to mask that we were on the back foot after their goal. 

As soon as they did anything in the game I felt we were starting to fold. 

Probably best say now that I am not taking the result well so probably being overly critical. 

I just honestly can't say that if we hadn't got a man sent off we would have  got back on top after their goal. 

That is what I took from today and what worries me most. 

Just now, rblair92 said:

The start of the game was the most we've looked up for a match in a long time. It was exactly what we wanted to see.

But the players faded away as soon as the faced adversity. We do need someone who can take the team by the scruff of the neck and give them a kick up the arse to drive them on to get results. Thought Bruno could be that player but he didn't show it today

To be fair mate, if I had seen this I probably wouldn't have posted my comment and would just have liked this. 

In a nutshell for me.