scott12003

how the pundits see it

55 posts in this topic

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'm not talking about Rangers of old tho I'm talking about football in general 

its head in the sand to just concentrate on a ref that had a howler but ignore everything else 

we've spent ten million against a Hibs side with Whittaker Lennon Stokes Ambrose after selling Cummings and were outplayed and outfought 

think about it 

But we weren't when it was a level playing field. Thought we were excellent first 25-30, and if Kenny doesn't fluff it again it's game over. 

I'm not ignoring everything else - we're all over the place after the red, and then thought we done ok second half. They worked hard and got back into it. 

Thought PC's subs were wrong, but credit for giving it a go. Tried to make something happen, rather than shutting up shop and hoping for it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Fuck it I'll say it. We were outplayed. Dress it up as you want. We are pish and until folk get their heads out their arses we will always be pish.

A game last longer than the first 15/20 minutes we seem to forget that and try and coast the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, graeme_4 said:

But we weren't when it was a level playing field. Thought we were excellent first 25-30, and if Kenny doesn't fluff it again it's game over. 

I'm not ignoring everything else - we're all over the place after the red, and then thought we done ok second half. They worked hard and got back into it. 

Thought PC's subs were wrong, but credit for giving it a go. Tried to make something happen, rather than shutting up shop and hoping for it. 

Forget it mate your usually sensible enough - you are letting a wee 20 minute burst at the start blinker everything 

people just don't want to accept that a team with manager in Lennon and contained Whittaker, Ambrose and Stokes were comfortable against us and won 

thats how it screams to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not talking about Rangers of old tho I'm talking about football in general 

its head in the sand to just concentrate on a ref that had a howler but ignore everything else 

we've spent ten million against a Hibs side with Whittaker Lennon Stokes Ambrose after selling Cummings and were outplayed and outfought 

think about it 

Absolutely. You have to question how the taigs, aberdeen, hivs and probably St Johnstone all have a better manager than us and chances are Hearts will in a few days time as well. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Forget it mate your usually sensible enough - you are letting a wee 20 minute burst at the start blinker everything 

people just don't want to accept that a team with manager in Lennon and contained Whittaker, Ambrose and Stokes were comfortable against us and won 

thats how it screams to me 

We weren't good but there have been plenty of games in the past where us and the other team have had spells of good play and dominance (in fact most games seem to be like that) so we were the better team in the first 20 minutes, then they were better, but during their spell we ended up down to ten men, from that point on it was an uphill battle. There's no doubt we could have played better and we need to improve but we also can't just ignore that Hibs should have been down to ten men after 5/6 minutes, and whilst some could argue Jack's actions merit a red card they were mirrored entirely by Stokes. 

It'd be great if we were, but we shouldn't have to be so much better than the opposition that a terrible ref and going down to men doesn't cause us any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spectre said:

We weren't good but there have been plenty of games in the past where us and the other team have had spells of good play and dominance (in fact most games seem to be like that) so we were the better team in the first 20 minutes, then they were better, but during their spell we ended up down to ten men, from that point on it was an uphill battle. There's no doubt we could have played better and we need to improve but we also can't just ignore that Hibs should have been down to ten men after 5/6 minutes, and whilst some could argue Jack's actions merit a red card they were mirrored entirely by Stokes. 

It'd be great if we were, but we shouldn't have to be so much better than the opposition that a terrible ref and going down to men doesn't cause us any problems.

I don't disagree mate but my issue is everyone blaming the ref but failing to acknowledge pedros glaring faults - that irks me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

But the ref ...

You must have had your head in the sand during the game if you can't see the influence the ref had.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

You must have had your head in the sand during the game if you can't see the influence the ref had.

 

Ironic thing to say considering I've said across a few threads that the refs performance was a major set back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were the better team but they had 12 men from the start, we didnt deserve to win but they were given the upper hand. Regardless id still be disappointed in our performance today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ironic thing to say considering I've said across a few threads that the refs performance was a major set back 

Ironic then that you say but the ref....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Real Ranger said:

Ironic then that you say but the ref....

 

Nothing ironic in it as some folk just want to concentrate on the ref rather than Pedros faults that's what my off the cuff comment was for 

the ref is not to blame for everything and I know fine well you agree so take your argument elsewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jamie29 said:

I think the important thing to take away from today is when is the keeper going to be on sale?

Fixed that for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who actually was "the ref"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the way home I had snide on for 10min, in that time they managed to find a 'rangers fan' who totally agreed with jacks sending off, then you've got that fud Gordon dalzel saying "the sending off never changed the game" and "I never seen stokes rugby tackle". Turned it off after that,  plus , not a mention of yellow fang goading the fans after their first goal. Big DJ should get a backbone instead of sitting there like a nodding dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a fuckin pain in the arse think we would have got a good result with 11 on the park...but let's face it hibs are a solid team they scored one through good play and two as we were a man down. I was happy to see the players kept going and didn't lie down. Swings and roundabouts football... It will go in our favour later in the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

This is exactly what I'm on about 

you can galvanise and make it a level playing field ... if you've something about you 

we don't 

and im not fit one minute excusing the ref he had a howler but he's no cheat - what about us? What did we do to rectify it? We are making all these excuses and straw men off a 20 minute start 

cmon wake up 

I'm on the fence but leaning to your side

The ref was shocking but we'd given up before then, we didn't play with the same level of determination as we did at the start, if we had we'd have stayed in the game but we gave up 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The red card was a game changing decision , I thought we were doing fine up until then . 

Having said that , the way we collapsed after that is worrying . I've seen us play teams with 10 men and you wouldn't have known it , whereas we fell to pieces looking as if we'd lost half the team . 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First 20 30 mins it looked like we'd batter them by 3 or 4, after that it looked like we'd scrape a win or draw, by the 70th minute we weren't in it at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing ironic in it as some folk just want to concentrate on the ref rather than Pedros faults that's what my off the cuff comment was for 

the ref is not to blame for everything and I know fine well you agree so take your argument elsewhere 

Why shouldn't people concentrate on the ref's performance when it undoubtedly changed the course of the match?

From my point of view we were well on top but the ref allowed hibs to get away with foul after foul, failed to send Stokes off and our team started to lose  their discipline. 

That doesn't mean the manager and players should escape criticism as for spells of the game after the red card we looked as if we were 3 men down.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The downside of Pedro's relationship with the press is that they'll take every loss to explain the massive pressure he's under, rather than explain the circumstances of each match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Aside from the first 30 mins, when we had 11 men...

Ref changed the game, not Hibs (or Rangers). 

Nail on the head, the red changed it.

 

Not often I make excuses for the team if we weren't up to it, but the ref ruined this game in the mini taigs favour

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pennyboy said:

On the way home I had snide on for 10min, in that time they managed to find a 'rangers fan' who totally agreed with jacks sending off, then you've got that fud Gordon dalzel saying "the sending off never changed the game" and "I never seen stokes rugby tackle". Turned it off after that,  plus , not a mention of yellow fang goading the fans after their first goal. Big DJ should get a backbone instead of sitting there like a nodding dog.

I wish Rangers people , whether that be fans or anyone connected to the club , refrain from giving their opinions on msm , because you just know it will be used against us . Even years later I hear X said this or Y said that , using it against us as if it must be correct just because a Rangers source said it . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day we should have been up by more than one before the sending off, while it was a game changer we still didn't show desire to win after it. 

I'm not calling for Pedros head but questions need answered and if his reaction is to say "we are the people" then id prefer if he just shut up

He's got a huge fucking mouth and based on results he's got a worse mouth than Warburton did, he should shut his big daft Portuguese trap because he clearly hasn't a fucking scooby what Rangers means. Embarrassing that he pulled out the WATP line after that, he's not one of the People till he's done the business and he's far from it atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Forget it mate your usually sensible enough - you are letting a wee 20 minute burst at the start blinker everything 

people just don't want to accept that a team with manager in Lennon and contained Whittaker, Ambrose and Stokes were comfortable against us and won 

thats how it screams to me 

You are a panic merchant. We can't just automatically dominate the game. We can't buy our way to victory. We have to spot on and stop having hissy fits every time a game doesn't go our way. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their equaliser changed the game a good 15 minutes before the red.

The second that first hibs goal went in the entire teams heads went down.

From there we were fucked. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now