how the pundits see it

scott12003

21 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Fuck it I'll say it. We were outplayed. Dress it up as you want. We are pish and until folk get their heads out their arses we will always be pish.

A game last longer than the first 15/20 minutes we seem to forget that and try and coast the rest.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, graeme_4 said:

But we weren't when it was a level playing field. Thought we were excellent first 25-30, and if Kenny doesn't fluff it again it's game over. 

I'm not ignoring everything else - we're all over the place after the red, and then thought we done ok second half. They worked hard and got back into it. 

Thought PC's subs were wrong, but credit for giving it a go. Tried to make something happen, rather than shutting up shop and hoping for it. 

Forget it mate your usually sensible enough - you are letting a wee 20 minute burst at the start blinker everything 

people just don't want to accept that a team with manager in Lennon and contained Whittaker, Ambrose and Stokes were comfortable against us and won 

thats how it screams to me 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not talking about Rangers of old tho I'm talking about football in general 

its head in the sand to just concentrate on a ref that had a howler but ignore everything else 

we've spent ten million against a Hibs side with Whittaker Lennon Stokes Ambrose after selling Cummings and were outplayed and outfought 

think about it 

Absolutely. You have to question how the taigs, aberdeen, hivs and probably St Johnstone all have a better manager than us and chances are Hearts will in a few days time as well. 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Forget it mate your usually sensible enough - you are letting a wee 20 minute burst at the start blinker everything 

people just don't want to accept that a team with manager in Lennon and contained Whittaker, Ambrose and Stokes were comfortable against us and won 

We weren't good but there have been plenty of games in the past where us and the other team have had spells of good play and dominance (in fact most games seem to be like that) so we were the better team in the first 20 minutes, then they were better, but during their spell we ended up down to ten men, from that point on it was an uphill battle. There's no doubt we could have played better and we need to improve but we also can't just ignore that Hibs should have been down to ten men after 5/6 minutes, and whilst some could argue Jack's actions merit a red card they were mirrored entirely by Stokes. 

It'd be great if we were, but we shouldn't have to be so much better than the opposition that a terrible ref and going down to men doesn't cause us any problems.

Just now, Spectre said:

We weren't good but there have been plenty of games in the past where us and the other team have had spells of good play and dominance (in fact most games seem to be like that) so we were the better team in the first 20 minutes, then they were better, but during their spell we ended up down to ten men, from that point on it was an uphill battle. There's no doubt we could have played better and we need to improve but we also can't just ignore that Hibs should have been down to ten men after 5/6 minutes, and whilst some could argue Jack's actions merit a red card they were mirrored entirely by Stokes. 

It'd be great if we were, but we shouldn't have to be so much better than the opposition that a terrible ref and going down to men doesn't cause us any problems.

I don't disagree mate but my issue is everyone blaming the ref but failing to acknowledge pedros glaring faults - that irks me 

12 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

You must have had your head in the sand during the game if you can't see the influence the ref had.

Ironic thing to say considering I've said across a few threads that the refs performance was a major set back 

Just now, Real Ranger said:

Ironic then that you say but the ref....

Nothing ironic in it as some folk just want to concentrate on the ref rather than Pedros faults that's what my off the cuff comment was for 

the ref is not to blame for everything and I know fine well you agree so take your argument elsewhere 

On the way home I had snide on for 10min, in that time they managed to find a 'rangers fan' who totally agreed with jacks sending off, then you've got that fud Gordon dalzel saying "the sending off never changed the game" and "I never seen stokes rugby tackle". Turned it off after that,  plus , not a mention of yellow fang goading the fans after their first goal. Big DJ should get a backbone instead of sitting there like a nodding dog.

It's a fuckin pain in the arse think we would have got a good result with 11 on the park...but let's face it hibs are a solid team they scored one through good play and two as we were a man down. I was happy to see the players kept going and didn't lie down. Swings and roundabouts football... It will go in our favour later in the season

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

This is exactly what I'm on about 

you can galvanise and make it a level playing field ... if you've something about you 

we don't 

and im not fit one minute excusing the ref he had a howler but he's no cheat - what about us? What did we do to rectify it? We are making all these excuses and straw men off a 20 minute start 

cmon wake up 

I'm on the fence but leaning to your side

The ref was shocking but we'd given up before then, we didn't play with the same level of determination as we did at the start, if we had we'd have stayed in the game but we gave up 

The red card was a game changing decision , I thought we were doing fine up until then . 

Having said that , the way we collapsed after that is worrying . I've seen us play teams with 10 men and you wouldn't have known it , whereas we fell to pieces looking as if we'd lost half the team . 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing ironic in it as some folk just want to concentrate on the ref rather than Pedros faults that's what my off the cuff comment was for 

the ref is not to blame for everything and I know fine well you agree so take your argument elsewhere 

Why shouldn't people concentrate on the ref's performance when it undoubtedly changed the course of the match?

From my point of view we were well on top but the ref allowed hibs to get away with foul after foul, failed to send Stokes off and our team started to lose  their discipline. 

That doesn't mean the manager and players should escape criticism as for spells of the game after the red card we looked as if we were 3 men down.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Aside from the first 30 mins, when we had 11 men...

Ref changed the game, not Hibs (or Rangers). 

Nail on the head, the red changed it.

Not often I make excuses for the team if we weren't up to it, but the ref ruined this game in the mini taigs favour

15 minutes ago, Pennyboy said:

On the way home I had snide on for 10min, in that time they managed to find a 'rangers fan' who totally agreed with jacks sending off, then you've got that fud Gordon dalzel saying "the sending off never changed the game" and "I never seen stokes rugby tackle". Turned it off after that,  plus , not a mention of yellow fang goading the fans after their first goal. Big DJ should get a backbone instead of sitting there like a nodding dog.

I wish Rangers people , whether that be fans or anyone connected to the club , refrain from giving their opinions on msm , because you just know it will be used against us . Even years later I hear X said this or Y said that , using it against us as if it must be correct just because a Rangers source said it . 

At the end of the day we should have been up by more than one before the sending off, while it was a game changer we still didn't show desire to win after it. 

I'm not calling for Pedros head but questions need answered and if his reaction is to say "we are the people" then id prefer if he just shut up

He's got a huge fucking mouth and based on results he's got a worse mouth than Warburton did, he should shut his big daft Portuguese trap because he clearly hasn't a fucking scooby what Rangers means. Embarrassing that he pulled out the WATP line after that, he's not one of the People till he's done the business and he's far from it atm

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

You are a panic merchant. We can't just automatically dominate the game. We can't buy our way to victory. We have to spot on and stop having hissy fits every time a game doesn't go our way. 

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I really don't give a flying fuck

We have got to give a flying fuck. We are def getting fucked over if todays ' officials display' is anything to go by. We drew the short straw with the refs strike, instigated by the tims, and decisions have not quite gone our way since. Lennons various acts of aggression, don't give a fuck, absolute defiance of the rules of the game, and rarely being punished, would indicate that shouting your mouth off works. We were fucked to the lowest division. Everybody hates us and its become fun factory which has spilled over to MSM who absolutely love it. Albeit there are well known haters within that industry many are just jumping on the bandwagon because it gives them stories. So yes I believe we need to give a fuck. If we see an injustice we need to make it known and if we see a second injustice we need to make it known there is a pattern forming. I unfortunately am not smart enough to know how to do it but it certainly will not be done thru' RM. Apart from some lurkers its only us who read it and the lurkers will certainly not report it.

The refereeing today was shocking. Intentional, I honestly don't think so, so why. Some sort of brainwashing or just habit that Gers are bad.

Just to finish, did you see the tricolour on display in the hivs support. WTF. They come from Edinburgh, surely the have nationalist tendancies.

Oh and btw after the score went to 1-1 too many of our players heads went down. So we did contribute to todays defeat.