rfc1990

Herrera

42 posts in this topic

No disrespect to Herrera but he obviously isn't a target man, I think he won one maybe two of the long balls that were punted up to him? 

If that's Pedro's plan b then we would have been as well keeping Garner and Waghorn. 

1 minute ago, rfc1990 said:

No disrespect to Herrera but he obviously isn't a target man, I think he won one maybe two of the long balls that were punted up to him? 

If that's Pedro's plan b then we would have been as well keeping Garner and Waghorn. 

He won a decent amount of headers but he was isolated, still shite though would rather have garner

Nah mate, he wins a lot in the air and holds up the ball well, that's his job... Well according to many on here!

Guy is absolute dogshit and we've blown £1m on him. Would rather have kept any of the players we've let go over the summer with the exception of Kiernan and Senderos over him as he offers absolutely nothing. Will be sold next summer if Pedro loses his job.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

He won a decent amount of headers but he was isolated, still shite though would rather have garner

None of them would be sufficient to turn us into winners . Without a shadow . Pedro seems to bought well but Herrera is the worst

He did as much as anyone could have. On his own  with no support most of the time. One man against an entire back line expected to win awful punts - not directed long passes, but useless boots up the park. Even when he did win them we had no one there to follow up.

Not doing it for me at all, in any aspect.

As for a target man, his jumping and heading ability is not up to the task , not in a month of Sundays.

4 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

If he is not a target men . I'm trying to fathom what he is . He had no skill or ability at all IMO

And he is powderpuff . He wins headers ... Yes  . I'm certain he is 6ft 3

If we were going to play a target man to win high balls why didn't we just keep Garner.

1 person likes this

The Garner comparison is right enough. We'd have been better with him than this guy. Slower than a week in the jail. 

1 person likes this

He wins the odd flick now and again but does not pose a threat.

Can't see him scoring many goals....but hope to fuck I'm wrong.

Useless

I said a while ago he wouldn't be prolific and I had a niggling feeling he would fail.

hes absolutely dog shit, ye cannot be that immobile as a striker, he's far too predictable because ye know he's just going to stand there and wait for a slow 40 yard hammer thrower ball and throw his skull at it in hope.

no chance can ye get away with being a target man and as shy of goal like that for a club like Rangers, mibby for yer sunderland's and yer Motherwell's here, cunt offers absolutely fuck all.

Not posting this because MOH scored 2 goals again today, but this is the type of match that he would have been far more useful than Herrera. Pace on the counter and attacking the junkies defenders. Herrera was easy street for Ambrose etc.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

As mobile as a traffic cone and couldn't fit  a rizla under his feet when jumping.

If Pedro wanted a plan B ( someone to lump high balls up to) he'd have been better keeping Garner than buying this guy.

Spot on

6 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

The Garner comparison is right enough. We'd have been better with him than this guy. Slower than a week in the jail. 

Makes garner look decent 

17 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

He won everything that went up to him but the problem was absolutely no-one wanted to play off him. Everyone was camped at the half way line 

2 people like this

Total fucking idiot. Yet too see him win a decent ball

He's not mobile at all but you can't do anything with him if noone will play off him - Miller isn't the answer for that.

Never seen Murray play before today, better than any of ours.

In other news Garner got taken off today, some sub called Waghorn scored the winner a minute later...it's a conspiracy.

He's horrific. Terrible signing.

We need two up front, Herrera and Morelos may be worth a try as the wee man could feed off balls won by Herrara

I actually think he's disgraceful and should never be in a Rangers top I also think that he doesn't know the offside rule     Either. Sell garner and replace him way this dud. 

If we can get players close to him then I think he can create chances by putting himself about and disrupting defences. But he's not going to be prolific and definitely isn't the most technically gifted. Think we could make use of him but he needs to start showing a bit more than he is. 

Still think we need another striker before the window closes.

We're two games into the season lets at least give the guy a chance :lol:

1 person likes this