LegendofCoop

Stokes headbut

172 posts in this topic

Just now, Camshy said:

Is there no footage of what should have been a straight red for that IRA loving prick.

the guy is fond of going to newlodge Belfast, hanging about republican bars. 

Just now, lewisrfc93 said:

Entitled to your own opinion mate. It was a hard 60 mins down to 10 men but I felt we gave a good shift.

Nah mate we didn't, we sat in and let them come at us when we went to 3 at the back, when we had to go for it and that cost us. I was really disappointed with a few of the players I expected to get tore in just didn't, Alves Cardoso Dorrans and Miller were huge let downs 

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

We crumbled after the sending off and that imo was down to us and the manager not bringing on a midfielder

I agree we made mistakes after the sending off. 

But we shouldn't have had to deal with that situation in the first place. 

1 person likes this

Any clips of the first incident with Tav and Stokes? That looked a clear red from where I was sitting, pushed his hand into Tav's face.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree we made mistakes after the sending off. 

But we shouldn't have had to deal with that situation in the first place. 

We shouldn't have but you work with the hand your dealt, referee, manager and players fucked it

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Nah mate we didn't, we sat in and let them come at us when we went to 3 at the back, when we had to go for it and that cost us. I was really disappointed with a few of the players I expected to get tore in just didn't, Alves Cardoso Dorrans and Miller were huge let downs 

If we went for it, the scoreline could have been alot worse. Hibs pounded us during periods of the second half. Alves was murder day. Lost count the amount of times he just hoofed the ball up the park to no one. Millers finished in my eyes. Hes been a great servent but we can't let him hold us back. Hes gonny end up like davie weir. Serving us well isnt a valid reason to keep on playing him. Hes no cutting it anymore and continuing to play him will hamper us i feel.

If we went for it, the scoreline could have been alot worse. Hibs pounded us during periods of the second half. Alves was murder day. Lost count the amount of times he just hoofed the ball up the park to no one. Millers finished in my eyes. Hes been a great servent but we can't let him hold us back. Hes gonny end up like davie weir. Serving us well isnt a valid reason to keep on playing him. Hes no cutting it anymore and continuing to play him will hamper us i feel.

Miller is done has been for a while tbh, keeping him on in midfield really fucked us, the score line could have been a lot worse but we didn't have a choice, it's either sit back defend and lose or go for it and potentially get something out of it. We have really struggled to create chances in big games since Pedro came in and I don't blame the players for that.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Miller is done has been for a while tbh, keeping him on in midfield really fucked us, the score line could have been a lot worse but we didn't have a choice, it's either sit back defend and lose or go for it and potentially get something out of it. We have really struggled to create chances in big games since Pedro came in and I don't blame the players for that.

We need a 30 goal a season striker. Been a while since we had one of them! The things you would do to have someone like prso in the team again. 

10 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Our players were not allowed to get tore in, that cunt Beaton was card happy with anyone wearing blue.  

3 people like this

We need a 30 goal a season striker. Been a while since we had one of them! The things you would do to have someone like prso in the team again. 

Morelos can be that this season imo but we need someone to play with him, I'd give Prso my Knees so he could play again

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Our players were not allowed to get tore in, that cunt Beaton was card happy with anyone wearing blue.  

You're not wrong there mate

6 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yes mate, if the video review panel notice it (haha) and the ref didn't, then he can get a retrospective red.

The compliance officer watches clips shown on tv mainly sportscene,then he decides if something needs looked at again,a farce I know ,so basically it's upto tv companies what gets brought up ,hence the reason why some teams get more harshly treated than others 

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Morelos can be that this season imo but we need someone to play with him, I'd give Prso my Knees so he could play again

Prso and averladze.. fuck me 

1 minute ago, lewisrfc93 said:

Prso and averladze.. fuck me 

I don't have much memory of those two together because I was only a wee lad but Prso and Novo was everything I want in our strikers

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Any clips of the first incident with Tav and Stokes? That looked a clear red from where I was sitting, pushed his hand into Tav's face.

I thought that was definitely a red. How both could end up booked when Stokes was more aggressive is beyond me.

Can't seem to find any footage though...

Edited by Inigo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I thought that was definitely a red. How both could end up booked when Stokes was more aggressive is beyond me.

Can't seem to find any footage though...

It's always the same, not just in Scotland, but it's always the same regardless of who the aggressor is both players get booked. They try and stamp out diving but the continental teams know that the best thing to do is take a dive in those situations. Did he not book Dorrans as well? For what pointing his finger at someone.

Edited by westenclosure2008

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

The referee was not the reason we lost though.

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

We shouldn't have but you work with the hand your dealt, referee, manager and players fucked it

:headscratch:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, lewisrfc93 said:

Ridiculous comment. We fought like fuck. Flying into tackles and chasing men down all day long.

3 people 'fought' and one of them was sent off.

2 hours ago, roboscot said:

IM going TO have to INvestigate this a bIT further. 

It has something to do with your settings mate as IT happens on my brothers as well

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

It's always the same, not just in Scotland, but it's always the same regardless of who the aggressor is both players get booked. They try and stamp out diving but the continental teams know that the best thing to do is take a dive in those situations. Did he not book Dorrans as well? For what pointing his finger at someone.

Just watched it again there on RTV. He rips Tavs shirt by dragging him back then puts him in a fucking choke hold. Defo red. Tav booking is probably just about justifiable for a push when he reacts, but Stokes is a defo red. Ref copped out by yellowing both. Terrible piece of refereeing.

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Just watched it again there on RTV. He rips Tavs shirt by dragging him back then puts him in a fucking choke hold. Defo red. Tav booking is probably just about justifiable for a push when he reacts, but Stokes is a defo red. Ref copped out by yellowing both. Terrible piece of refereeing.

Still can't get my head round the ref watching Stokes with his hand round Jack's throat after that. He must have been deciding if the first incident was a red or a yellow then maybe gave him the benefit of the doubt but then to watch him be the main aggressor. That's not incompetence for me.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Still can't get my head round the ref watching Stokes with his hand round Jack's throat after that. He must have been deciding if the first incident was a red or a yellow then maybe gave him the benefit of the doubt but then to watch him be the main aggressor. That's not incompetence for me.

It's weird.

So having watched the two incidents, I'd say a straight red for Stokes and a yellow for Tav (first incident), then yellows for Dorrans, Jack, McGinn and Slivka (second incident) would have been correct. Even McGeogh shouldn't have been yellowed for it, he did nothing either.

I'm not sure what the bigger joke is, Jack getting a red or Stokes not. The first Stokes one is a red every day, getting off without a second yellow in the second incident defies belief.

Utterly atrocious half of refereeing. Possibly the worst I can remember. It's that bad.

3 people like this

If Pedro had "WENT FOR IT" like a few on here are suggesting it could've been a whole lot worse.

We might've been moaning about another 1-5 defeat to the diet taigs this time. That would've sunk Pedro!

I know we should be beating scum like Hibs, but the sending off had a big effect on the game. The first 20 minutes we were really good, and could've, and should've, been leading by more than 1-0. 

The ref spoiled that game for us. I hope the club are appealing that red card, shocking decision.

I fucking hate it that these cunts are getting away with shite like this, but we have to remain patient with Pedro. I don't know if he is the man to take us forward, and stop their 9 in a row, but we need to give him the chance to prove himself. 

There are some positive signs that we are getting there, it might just take a wee bit longer than some of us want, myself included. We can't keep sacking managers after every bad result.

Our club has been raped, looted, and shat on, by everyone the past 5 years. We're still in a delicate place, no longer on life support, but we can't afford to be paying off managers every year, never mind every few months.

Last season we had some disasters playing in blue. Pedro has weeded them out. I'm still not convinced with Windass, he's alright in games against Dunfermline, Motherwell, and wee teams like that. When we know there's going to be a real tough, hard fought, not pretty game, like yesterday, Windass is a passenger. I remember when Sir Walter was in charge, and matches against the taigs, he always started players like Jig in midfield, because that type of player was needed in rough, tough, games.

We need to get behind Pedro and the players, yesterday was a bad result because of a shocking refereeing decision. 11v11, we could've won that game. The ref sent off our hardest working midfielder, and we missed his extra steel in midfield, to break up attacks, and stopping them from bossing us. I'm not saying Pedro is the answer to our prayers, but give him some time, then we can make our minds up, but some will never be happy..😰😰

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

get

53 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

You are another one that talks some amount of pish, after 7 mins Stokes should have been off for raising his hands , no if's no buts the ref blew up for the free kick for us but Stokes threw his dummy out the prom and raised  his hands.

Now if this was the beggers this happened too they would be complaining in their thousands to,the SFA the media etc and a campaign would start against the officials.  We have seen it all before and the officials now in this country are scared to give us a decision or just belatedly cheat.

I was 20 metres from the incident, I ref had a clear view just like me , the ref knows the rules just like me yet he never implied the rules,  but if we are prepared to take it up,the arse like that then we get what we deserve. 

As for the BBC commentary regardingbthe game? They said to,Lennon they could have scored 5 and sucked up his arse? No actual talk of what really happened ( again suprise suprise)

Now I am no Pedro fan, I would have got rid of him after the 5-1 game but what the hell is he meant to do when the rules don't apply evenly, Ryan Jack has seen first hand the punishment we take from officials now , something he was not used to with the sheep .

As for being awful?   The ref sends Stokes off we are winning 4-0, would we have been awful then?  As I said the ref sold us down the river as they did Thistle on the Friday, they are 3 points ahead of us because of them when in reality we should have been 2 points ahead of them.

The worst man on the park and Hibs star man was the bloody ref 

I'm not saying it wasn't a sending off and I'm not saying the referee was good, im saying we should have handled the situation better. We should not be going down like that to fucking hibs, 10 men or not. Btw you sound like one of them trying to claim there's some kind of conspiracy against us ffs referees are just shite in this country sometimes it's for you and sometimes it's no.