• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was very poor today.

I actually thought Wilson came on and did ok in the LCB / LB role.

I think he could be an OK LB in a Porrini / Papac type role. His delivery from the flank is quite good too.

I don't think he has the pace for it in this team although he did put a few decent balls in. I know Papac or Porrini were not blessed with pace but they had better players in front of them so the lack of pace was less of an issue. We could maybe teach Wallace how to cross a ball?

24 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I don't think he has the pace for it in this team although he did put a few decent balls in. I know Papac or Porrini were not blessed with pace but they had better players in front of them so the lack of pace was less of an issue. We could maybe teach Wallace how to cross a ball?

I was very surprised how good his left peg was today.

I'm used to seeing him hit aimless balls upfield.

You are probably right about pace, he just seems to offer more going forward than Hodson and defensively is much better.

39 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Always thought he'd cause use problems today.  Wallace isnt great but at least he has strength and can contribute in attack... I am to this date still not sure what Hodson give us.

nuffink as far as I can see same as Herrera who looks awful.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was very surprised how good his left peg was today.

I'm used to seeing him hit aimless balls upfield.

You are probably right about pace, he just seems to offer more going forward than Hodson and defensively is much better.

He used to be able to play when he was with us a youngster. I think it is worth a try as our left hand side is def our biggest weakness in my opinion. I just don't know if it would work with Windass in front of him. He is always looking for the ball in behind and if it doesn't come off he is caught up the park and it leaves the left back exposed. I think we have strengthened in the right places to begin with but think in January we should look at an experienced left back, can't see it happening this window.

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I thought Herrera won a lot of balls in the air when he came on but there was nobody close enough to him to pick it up. 

For a guy of his stature he is shite in the air, I sometimes think he is concussed jumping feet away from where the ball is.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

We must've been watching a different game.

Rangers 2 Hibs 3 was the one I watched, not just today but I think apart from sticking his arse into a Sheffield Wednesday player to give Miller room to crash in a goal he looks terrible, I do not want him to fail obviously but he wants to sharpen up rapido.

12 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Rangers 2 Hibs 3 was the one I watched, not just today but I think apart from sticking his arse into a Sheffield Wednesday player to give Miller room to crash in a goal he looks terrible, I do not want him to fail obviously but he wants to sharpen up rapido.

Difference of opinion mate. I actually think he takes up good positions and does well in the air. It's similar to Garner, who I didn't rate, that you need somebody close to him and preferably running beyond him for him to be effective. Today we were lumping it up to him but he was isolated. Also to be fair to him he hasn't had any decent service into the box while he's been on the pitch. I've been proved wrong before but I think given time he will be decent and is def an improvement to what we had.

3 hours ago, Domthenbud said:

I,m going for a hip replacement on Tuesday but I could postpone and play full back on Saturday if needed. He is fucking awful.

he is bad enough at RB and 100 times worse at LB, would rather have Beerman

good luck with the surgery, highly recommend the epidural versus general anaesthetic.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

good luck with the surgery, highly recommend the epidural versus general anaesthetic.

You know he is the kind of full back that would probably have been decent if we got him in the lower leagues.

He has such limited ability that I can't believe he's got a deal here.

Don't get me wrong i think he has games where if he sticks to his task, he can make us more defensively sound than say Tav, but he doesn't do that all the time and he just looks really uncomfortable when he gets the ball.

47 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

You know he is the kind of full back that would probably have been decent if we got him in the lower leagues.

He has such limited ability that I can't believe he's got a deal here.

Don't get me wrong i think he has games where if he sticks to his task, he can make us more defensively sound than say Tav, but he doesn't do that all the time and he just looks really uncomfortable when he gets the ball.

Another Warburton gem

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Cheers mate. Appreciated. That's the way I've gone for previous ops. I seem to have been given a 5 year plan for hip ops.