The width of a post and an incompetent referee.

Gaz52

I knew the reaction on here would be this dramatic, there's far too much "I told you so" going on about Pedro, because we lost a game that if we're being honest, dominated until we got wrongly reduced to 10 men. The pendulum swung and the momentum was with opponents after that, plenty of teams would have lost in the same position.

I'm not going to make excuses for that second half performance though, that was dreadful, but a sense of injustice and a team consisting of Kenny Miller as centre-mid and a target man winning headers just for no-one to run on to them? What chance did we have really?

Dorrans had an off day but we know he's a good player, losing Jack just ruined the entire game plan which was working. 

Before their equaliser, Miller hits the post, if that goes in then the game is won, the sending off doesn't happen.

Yet I'm reading RANGERS fans giving up on the season already and spitting utter shite about the manager and team. 

I'm not giving up the season yet, there's a team in there, the signs are there to see, we need a couple of quality signings added. The players will learn from today like they learned from Progres, don't write everything off yet.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

I knew the reaction on here would be this dramatic, there's far too much "I told you so" going on about Pedro, because we lost a game that if we're being honest, dominated until we got wrongly reduced to 10 men. The pendulum swung and the momentum was with opponents after that, plenty of teams would have lost in the same position.

I'm not going to make excuses for that second half performance though, that was dreadful, but a sense of injustice and a team consisting of Kenny Miller as centre-mid and a target man winning headers just for no-one to run on to them? What chance did we have really?

Dorrans had an off day but we know he's a good player, losing Jack just ruined the entire game plan which was working. 

Before their equaliser, Miller hits the post, if that goes in then the game is won, the sending off doesn't happen.

Yet I'm reading RANGERS fans giving up on the season already and spitting utter shite about the manager and team. 

I'm not giving up the season yet, there's a team in there, the signs are there to see, we need a couple of quality signings added. The players will learn from today like they learned from Progres, don't write everything off yet.

You can't just write that off though, the equaliser happened before the sending off, and once they scored our players lost their way a bit. We played into their hands, and did everything they wanted us to do. We should have played our own match, and proved we were better than them, on the park.

I certainly haven't given up on the season. I have faith in the improvements made by Pedro certainly. But some of our football was woeful later into the game to the point we were constantly fucking the ball up the park to no cunt. It makes it hard to watch.

But again, shite day, shite result and that doesn't mean the season is done.

The late goal from Tav showed some fight we had in us at least. Which is something we certainly lacked throughout last season.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You can't just write that off though, the equaliser happened before the sending off, and once they scored our players lost their way a bit. We played into their hands, and did everything they wanted us to do. We should have played our own match, and proved we were better than them, on the park.

Spot on.

Not the first shambles under the current regime &, worryingly, the latest of several at Ibrox.

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

In all honesty Gaz52, I knew we were going to be battling for second before a ball was kicked for this season With the appointment of Pedro. I'm a realist. 

We were 1-1 with them when Jack got sent off. If you asked me who was going to win right before that, I'd have said us even though we were fading. Everything after that red card shouldn't have happened. The ref sent 50,000 fans home with the ticket price stolen from their pockets. Game was a bogey. I won't be considering today in my judgement of Pedro whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

The second half performance was due to Pedro surrendering the midfield. We lost our ball winner when he was wrongly sent off but putting Miller in midfield was the final nail in the coffin. What exactly did Pedro think we would achieve down to ten men and having a midfield consisting of Miller and Windass. 

Learned from Progres and went on to win a couple of friendlies a scraped win against Motherwell and beat a championship team in the league cup.

I suppose when you look at it like that we were due a loss and maybe we'll go on to get a few more points now before the taigs hand us our arses on a plate again. 

You are a great optimist Gaz and that is good, but I started to get concerned today before they made it 1 - 1 we were starting to play poorly before they scored.

The referee was a total joke and he did change the game IMO, but I am still worried about a game lost at home so early against these wankers.

It has been a bad day football wise for us, time will tell if we can turn it around, again. :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

We lost to the 4th best team in Luxembourg who had to play most of the match with their 2nd choice goalkeeper, if that's not flagging a problem up your deluded. 

So far we have got a lucky win against Motherwell and got beat by Hibs who have just been promoted. We did however win a few pointless friendlies and we smashed a team 6-0 who are miles behind the dross we have. If that's makes you happy then good for you.

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Largely agree with this.  We were winning the battles in most areas of the pitch in the early stage of the match, and could have been two in front (even three if the keeper's duff clearance which hit Miller had gone in ...) with just a bit of luck. It was disturbing to see the fight go out of some of the players after the equaliser and the sending off.  There's still too many weak links in the squad (the woeful Hodson and the clearly unfit Pena to name but two). Even by the abysmally low standards of Scottish refereeing, today's performance by all four officials was appalling, and certainly played a part in how the game turned out.  The only decent, competent and professional referee I have seen at Ibrox for years (and I am not exaggerating) was the guy who took charge of the recent European game.  

We are a support that goes from one extreme to another. We're either world beaters or we are the worst team on Earth

A fair description of us as a team is, imo, Pish. We are shite and need a hell of a lot of work, I personally have never believed Pedro was the man to take us back to the CL etc but at the same time I'm not writing him off, there's a ways to go

The start of the game today was very encouraging, but, regardless of the refs shite decision, we gave up and capitulated which isn't encouraging in the slightest 

There will be plenty of times this season when we are down and need to fight back and we didn't show any signs that we were capable of that today 

The result is hard to take the now but I'm hoping in the long run it might be a good thing. It lets the new foreign players in our team see what we are up against, what kind of level the opposition are at in this league, how much everybody hates us and how incompetent Scottish referees are. We need to be more street wise in future high pressured matches.

10 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Love a good "here's another excuse for yet another Pedro humiliation" thread. 

Why not?? He is a total imposter and the sooner he is gone the better. Of course, you probably would be happy to allow him to plumb to new depths this season, what will it take for people to cop on?? Another 5 nil from celtic, or perhaps getting scudded at Ibrox by aberdeen again. Maybe , a KO in the cup by Thistle?? With Pedro, anything is possible. Just blame the woodwork/referee etc.

I don't blame the manager for today at all.  As the OP says we were on top and despite their goal, were by and large the better team.  John Beaton and his coupon had Hibs on though and his terrible (not the first time that has been said in this country) decisions cost us.

My only gripe is why we brought in Herrera when Garner could have done that job.  Other than that I am not concerned going forward as if we have a game called down the middle, we we will win those types of games comfortably.

5 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

We were 1-1 with them when Jack got sent off. If you asked me who was going to win right before that, I'd have said us even though we were fading. Everything after that red card shouldn't have happened. The ref sent 50,000 fans home with the ticket price stolen from their pockets. Game was a bogey. I won't be considering today in my judgement of Pedro whatsoever.

Spot on. It was a complete odds changer that sending off. I've no doubts at all we would have won that game had the sending off not happened

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Learned from Progres and went on to win a couple of friendlies a scraped win against Motherwell and beat a championship team in the league cup.

I suppose when you look at it like that we were due a loss and maybe we'll go on to get a few more points now before the taigs hand us our arses on a plate again. 

Fuck sake you've just gave me the fear, I'm not worried about the other team but if we'd have been playing celtic today that would have handed our arse to us. Would have been an utter battering 

Without doubt the what should have been a booking for Jack, changed the game. Stokes should have been booked as well as the bald cunt that kicked jack for the foul. That's how a decent ref would have handled it.

I still want to see a Rangers side who can stand up to that, including the utterly useless ref. We were bullied and that's what's annoying me.