The width of a post and an incompetent referee.

Gaz52

Not writing anything off yet. Think we're definitely an improved team on last year and I have no doubt that over the course of a full season we'll put Hibs and teams like them back in their place. 

But so far this season we haven't handled it well when we've come under pressure. We've started every game well and turned Dunfermline over because they offered absolutely nothing. But that's not going to happen in the league. There will be spells of games when the opposition put us under pressure. We should be able to deal with that and come out on top but we didn't do that today and we struggled against Motherwell. Decisions will go against us again as well but we need to react better.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If John Beaton wasn't the ref today we win that game, convincingly. 

For most the first half Hibs were fuckin all over the place, their players were crumbling under the noise of Ibrox. Stokes should of been sent off and the game would of been done.

Never been so fuckin ragin at a referee. Embarrassment of a performance.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Spot on. It was a complete odds changer that sending off. I've no doubts at all we would have won that game had the sending off not happened

The sending off doesn't excuse us just giving up then and there which we did. The sending off was a factor but not the cause of our defeat

Why do folk think everything has to be black and white? The ref fucked us today but so did our players 

I'm not worried about our team at all, its much better than last seasons and yet its still very early days for this squad. They are still gelling, building partnerships, settling in but the signs are there that theres a lot of potential in the squad.

Choking for this Hearts game where we will pump them if Beaton isn't the ref.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

You are a great optimist Gaz and that is good, but I started to get concerned today before they made it 1 - 1 we were starting to play poorly before they scored.

The referee was a total joke and he did change the game IMO, but I am still worried about a game lost at home so early against these wankers.

It has been a bad day football wise for us, time will tell if we can turn it around, again. :unsure:

We hit the post just before they made it 1-1 then Jack got sent off both things gave them the momentum. 10 men for about 60mins of the game I think the team done ok. Put it this way at 3-1 down last years mob would of chucked it that gives me hope going forward

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Why not?? He is a total imposter and the sooner he is gone the better. Of course, you probably would be happy to allow him to plumb to new depths this season, what will it take for people to cop on?? Another 5 nil from celtic, or perhaps getting scudded at Ibrox by aberdeen again. Maybe , a KO in the cup by Thistle?? With Pedro, anything is possible. Just blame the woodwork/referee etc.

Eh?

20 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I knew the reaction on here would be this dramatic, there's far too much "I told you so" going on about Pedro, because we lost a game that if we're being honest, dominated until we got wrongly reduced to 10 men. The pendulum swung and the momentum was with opponents after that, plenty of teams would have lost in the same position.

I'm not going to make excuses for that second half performance though, that was dreadful, but a sense of injustice and a team consisting of Kenny Miller as centre-mid and a target man winning headers just for no-one to run on to them? What chance did we have really?

Dorrans had an off day but we know he's a good player, losing Jack just ruined the entire game plan which was working. 

Before their equaliser, Miller hits the post, if that goes in then the game is won, the sending off doesn't happen.

Yet I'm reading RANGERS fans giving up on the season already and spitting utter shite about the manager and team. 

I'm not giving up the season yet, there's a team in there, the signs are there to see, we need a couple of quality signings added. The players will learn from today like they learned from Progres, don't write everything off yet.

He didn't have an off day. He was having to do literally everything in the middle of the park because after Jack went off he had Kenny Miller in beside him running about like a headless chicken and then Pena who is still trying to find his feet.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still a defensive mess.

Still too weak in midfield.

Still starting a 37 yr old because his signings aren't fit/ shite.

But aye, width of a post annat.

Fullbacks are fucked every time, leave loads of space, don't track back and shite in the tackle, then outnumbered. A couple of clearances today from tav were brutal. Wallace is better than Hodson but we're very weak at fullback all round.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

If John Beaton wasn't the ref today we win that game, convincingly. 

For most the first half Hibs were fuckin all over the place, their players were crumbling under the noise of Ibrox. Stokes should of been sent off and the game would of been done.

Never been so fuckin ragin at a referee. Embarrassment of a performance.

The problem is that if Beaton hadn't been the ref it would just have been one of the other incompetent amateur numpties.  There's not a decent, competent, professional in the refereeing ranks in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We hit the post just before they made it 1-1 then Jack got sent off both things gave them the momentum. 10 men for about 60mins of the game I think the team done ok. Put it this way at 3-1 down last years mob would of chucked it that gives me hope going forward

I seen this a lot last week after Motherwell game, "Warburtons team wouldn't have fought back like that' etc etc.

To counter that, Warburtons team never lost at home to Hibs or Aberdeen.

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The sending off doesn't excuse us just giving up then and there which we did. The sending off was a factor but not the cause of our defeat

Why do folk think everything has to be black and white? The ref fucked us today but so did our players 

Thing for me is that it swings the momentum of the game when poor decisions like that are made. They get a morale boost, realise they can leave that foot in,be more physical. Its a natural reaction for confusion and anger to set in for a period of time after that. If we had made it to half time level then you never know. Some of the players stepped up and some did not. I thought Morelos and Tav  tried their best

8 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

We are a support that goes from one extreme to another. We're either world beaters or we are the worst team on Earth

A fair description of us as a team is, imo, Pish. We are shite and need a hell of a lot of work, I personally have never believed Pedro was the man to take us back to the CL etc but at the same time I'm not writing him off, there's a ways to go

The start of the game today was very encouraging, but, regardless of the refs shite decision, we gave up and capitulated which isn't encouraging in the slightest 

There will be plenty of times this season when we are down and need to fight back and we didn't show any signs that we were capable of that today 

No we are a support who are made up of realist and the other set who think winning pointless friendlies against teams who aren't trying, make up stupid songs, think duds are world beaters and give them names like King Kenny.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I seen this a lot last week after Motherwell game, "Warburtons team wouldn't have fought back like that' etc etc.

To counter that, Warburtons team never lost at home to Hibs or Aberdeen.

Hibs correct sheep incorrect his team lost v sheep at Ibrox. A team under him loose that 4/5/6 the day.. 

We should of got a point today not bad considering we were down to 10 for a hour 

I've been really critical of Pedro on here and still think he should have been sacked after the Niederkorn game.

But I actually think the second half tactics were quite good from him.

Theres no point having players charging around getting into 50/50s when you are a man down. You will tire the team out too quickly, create huge gaps, and when enough of our players are already on yellows you're likely to end up with 9.

Only problem is sitting back and trying to hit then on the counter bypassing the midfield gets the fans offside quickly in the UK.

We played very patiently and created enough chances to get at least a draw.

I think the biggest problem was how we reacted after Tav and Stokes were booked. We were all over them and had them on the ropes. But we took the foot off their throats and let them into it.

I saw a lot more fight from the team off the ball. I can't imagine the team last year getting involved in two dust ups like today, which for me is a good sign.

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I must admit I was not sure what happened with the chance that hit the post (SE3 is a little bit away to see things like that sometimes) and I agree if we had scored it would have made a difference, but the way they scored to make it 1-1 was too easy for me and we seemed to be losing the ball and they were coming into the game.

I will certainly agree that the sending off was a game changer.