The width of a post and an incompetent referee.

Gaz52

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought we played well for first 20-25minutes, could have been three up with a bit of luck.  Unfortunately, we seem to have the same problem as recent years, we leak goals to easy,  Cause of their first goal was very reminiscent of Griffiths second goal last year.  Tav caught up the park on an expedition, centre back exposed by a forward pass into the inside left channel which was wide open.  Wouldn't blame Cordoso but question has to be asked where Tav or Jack/Dorrans were?

Sending off followed by deflected goal spinning off the post (Hodson at fault imo should have cleared his lines) was a real double whammy, hard for a team to get back from.  Our second half performance was pretty average but it is always difficult to play with 10men when you are losing.  Their third goal was deja vu, have seen us lose that type of soft goal to often over last 2-3years.

45 minutes ago, ZeeFour said:

The late goal from Tav showed some fight we had in us at least. Which is something we certainly lacked throughout last season.

This is a good point.

Putting all the other talking points from the game to one side, this is the thought I had at the end of the game.

Many things can be worked on in training but we certainly do have a team this season who will fight, unlike last year.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

John beaton is a fast tracked referee . Strangely starting around the time of the referees strikes

Wasn't he the one that the tims were having a go at after the celtic game at parkhead last season?? They were all claiming that he as a season ticket holder at Ibrox.

It's nice to read some common sense here, I think you're spot on. It's extremely disappointing and has impacted our momentum, but if this team and manager are good enough they won't give up and they'll use to get tore in about our enemies

8 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Thought we played well for first 20-25minutes, could have been three up with a bit of luck.  Unfortunately, we seem to have the same problem as recent years, we leak goals to easy,  Cause of their first goal was very reminiscent of Griffiths second goal last year.  Tav caught up the park on an expedition, centre back exposed by a forward pass into the inside left channel which was wide open.  Wouldn't blame Cordoso but question has to be asked where Tav or Jack/Dorrans were?

Sending off followed by deflected goal spinning off the post (Hodson at fault imo should have cleared his lines) was a real double whammy, hard for a team to get back from.  Our second half performance was pretty average but it is always difficult to play with 10men when you are losing.  Their third goal was deja vu, have seen us lose that type of soft goal to often over last 2-3years.

Or by our goalkeeper . Who had plenty of time to read where the guy was going to place it.

It wasn't even hit hard and a good goalkeeper would have known where his best option was .

Our goalie is rancid

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Wasn't he the one that the tims were having a go at after the celtic game at parkhead last season?? They were all claiming that he as a season ticket holder at Ibrox.

No mate . That was another ref

Who refereed last weeks Motherwell game

Who will give us sweet fuck all in big matches now .

See because they complain . It's tried and tested . It works. Not all the time but it does

They have done it  in old firm refs for decades

We could have finished the game off in the first 5 minutes, the sending off put us on the back foot and the refereeing was abismal.

I do see improvements though. To name but a few Windass is starting to look like a footballer and Tavs has scored in each of the last two games. Something he failed to do all last season. If Pedro can improve the new players to a similar degree within the next month then we will have a solid team.

as incompetent as the referee was (and seemingly always is when he ref's our games) Jack's stupidity in making a forward motion as in a headbutt he gave the referee no option but to send him off for his movement towards the hibs player, yes it was weak as fuck but by doing it he gave the ref no choice. Personally thought Rossiter should have came on to try and shore the midfield a bit instead of Miller dropping back to fill in as the extra man

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We could have finished the game off in the first 5 minutes, the sending off put us on the back foot and the refereeing was abismal.

I do see improvements though. To name but a few Windass is starting to look like a footballer and Tavs has scored in each of the last two games. Something he failed to do all last season. If Pedro can improve the new players to a similar degree within the next month then we will have a solid team.

I'm hoping your right D@d

I don't feel the day was Pedro's fault . Not by a long way . However his record of big failures are stacking up

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I knew the reaction on here would be this dramatic, there's far too much "I told you so" going on about Pedro, because we lost a game that if we're being honest, dominated until we got wrongly reduced to 10 men. The pendulum swung and the momentum was with opponents after that, plenty of teams would have lost in the same position.

I'm not going to make excuses for that second half performance though, that was dreadful, but a sense of injustice and a team consisting of Kenny Miller as centre-mid and a target man winning headers just for no-one to run on to them? What chance did we have really?

Dorrans had an off day but we know he's a good player, losing Jack just ruined the entire game plan which was working. 

Before their equaliser, Miller hits the post, if that goes in then the game is won, the sending off doesn't happen.

Yet I'm reading RANGERS fans giving up on the season already and spitting utter shite about the manager and team. 

I'm not giving up the season yet, there's a team in there, the signs are there to see, we need a couple of quality signings added. The players will learn from today like they learned from Progres, don't write everything off yet.

Well said. Really pisses me off how so many of our so called fans turn on the team in the space of one game; one game in which we were  up against a cheating ref, and where we were unlucky . I wonder if the Chelsea fans are as vitriolic against their team today after losing in the same manner. Probably not. Who the fuck says we have the God given right to win every game we play anyway. Have heard many on here say that the team doesn't deserve the support, well I would say it's the other way around much of the time. People need to stop acting like little fucking mummy's boys and grow some balls. It's fucking pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I knew the reaction on here would be this dramatic, there's far too much "I told you so" going on about Pedro, because we lost a game that if we're being honest, dominated until we got wrongly reduced to 10 men. The pendulum swung and the momentum was with opponents after that, plenty of teams would have lost in the same position.

I'm not going to make excuses for that second half performance though, that was dreadful, but a sense of injustice and a team consisting of Kenny Miller as centre-mid and a target man winning headers just for no-one to run on to them? What chance did we have really?

Dorrans had an off day but we know he's a good player, losing Jack just ruined the entire game plan which was working. 

Before their equaliser, Miller hits the post, if that goes in then the game is won, the sending off doesn't happen.

Yet I'm reading RANGERS fans giving up on the season already and spitting utter shite about the manager and team. 

I'm not giving up the season yet, there's a team in there, the signs are there to see, we need a couple of quality signings added. The players will learn from today like they learned from Progres, don't write everything off yet.

The Miller block on their goalie wasn't far away either.

Although it's undeniable the momentum shift was massive after that red, but we looked shook as fuck to me after they equalised.

Sadly we'll never know exactly what could have been if Jack wasn't wrongfully sent off, but I think some of the tactics and subs in the second half were questionable. 

That an the first and second goal we conceded were unacceptable regardless.

58 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

John beaton is a fast tracked referee . Strangely starting around the time of the referees strikes

Stevie Nicholls nephew (IIRC).

Previously employed by Strathclyde polis, now in some position at a Glasgow Uni.

Would love to know where his allegiances lie, although I don't think he's a cheat. Just completely fucking incompetent and is in a league way above his level.

Don't feel we were getting bullied until it became apparent that the ref was only booking our players . I think about the only one he did not book was Fod . Once they were booked they knew the ref would be looking to send them off . Whereas the Hibs players were getting away with everything. 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Far too much sense in that for in here. Now fuck off.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm hoping your right D@d

I don't feel the day was Pedro's fault . Not by a long way . However his record of big failures are stacking up

Aye, they are stacking up and he is under constant pressure. Our players will have to step it up a notch or we will end up trophless again.

20 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Stevie Nicholls nephew (IIRC).

Previously employed by Strathclyde polis, now in some position at a Glasgow Uni.

Would love to know where his allegiances lie, although I don't think he's a cheat. Just completely fucking incompetent and is in a league way above his level.

Well having worked there and checked out the staffing situation ..The place is full of beggars .Not a big surprise in this City nowadays 

Maybe you are right mate .My instincts tell me he is a biased bastard 

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Cool disguise John, should have a season ticket at Carstairs the cunt,

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Seems at least this showerIMG_6215.thumb.PNG.f84a0c312c57e661173ee73622e2db9e.PNG describe him pretty well 

seems to have been updated :lol:

John Beaton made his playing career debut with a man of the match performance in a 3-2 win for Hibernian at Ibrox against Rangers. It is hoped that he will never feature in a rangers match again the cheating bawheed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Beaton

3 hours ago, soulboy said:

That's 6 times now this season we've hit the woodwork and in 2 of those games progres and today we would of won. Very thin line between losing and winning.

Your not supposed to hit the woodwork.there is fuck all unlucky about hitting the woodwork the goals are 24ft x8ft which is ample room to place a small object called a ball into.you hit the fuckin target with the ball and if the goalkeeper saves it cest la vie .if you hit the fuckin post or the bar it's not unlucky .its a miss period