Louden

RFC55

If he is the "poster boy of Protestantism/Loyalism" then why would he not like Rangers fans singing or playing traditional Loyalist songs? If you were the poster boy for it then you would obsiously be promoting it. I have obviously never been to his bar before but if is supposed to be Rangers bar then he should be happy for any Rangers fans singing Rangers songs. I dont understand.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Copland bear said:

The one in dennistoun was his before he sold it , moved from the east end to the south side and did the pub the exact same as the one he sold .  

That's how the guy operates. 

The Louden in Dennistoun was owned by Rosemount Taverns.He's never 'owned' a pub in his life.

1 hour ago, CoopsLaud said:

Never been to that Louden. Used to love the 1 at bottom of Brand st when we lived on that street a few year ago

Always pretty quiet of an evening and always very chilled out the times we were in. Is it still going? The Park bar was at the top of the street didnt like it so much.

Used to enjoy the Bellrock on a weekend apart from the occasional bloke getting jumped and battered oot the back always found it pretty chilled too.

Never seen this Marshsal bloke just the sons pic as SLO.Is the old man a big basturt then, sizewise like? Sounds like a piece o work.

I've never liked the Bellrock for some reason. 

The Louden at Kinning Park is at the bottom of Brand where it meets Harvie St. Used to be called the Cessnock / Festival. I was in there on Saturday.

Marshall used to own that before buying the Stadium and turning it into the Louden. 

He's not really that big. Google him there's plenty of pics.

Well myself and the guys from the bus were in there yesterday - it was absolutley stowed out. I suspect the portaloos are a temporary provision until the renovations are completed - it is so busy that its an absolute nightmare to get to the little boys room from the beer garden, so I find them a Godsend rather than a source of ridicule. Especially at my age and with my bladder.

Hospitality was up to its usual standard - as it was on Wednesday - with rolls and pies free of charge to patrons.

We discussed the singing yesterday - Im quite sure there are the faux offended brigade in the neighbourhood who complain about the slightest thing emanating from the pub, particularly the beer garden where the sound carries further, and I did notice at one point the Polis visiting, possibly in response to a malicious complaint.

I sometimes think as a club & support under seige from haters, we are far too quick to turn on our own.

1 hour ago, CoopsLaud said:

Never been to that Louden. Used to love the 1 at bottom of Brand st when we lived on that street a few year ago

Always pretty quiet of an evening and always very chilled out the times we were in. Is it still going? The Park bar was at the top of the street didnt like it so much.

Used to enjoy the Bellrock on a weekend apart from the occasional bloke getting jumped and battered oot the back always found it pretty chilled too.

Never seen this Marshsal bloke just the sons pic as SLO.Is the old man a big basturt then, sizewise like? Sounds like a piece o work.

This is him

23848698.jpg

43 minutes ago, denya said:

If he is the "poster boy of Protestantism/Loyalism" then why would he not like Rangers fans singing or playing traditional Loyalist songs? If you were the poster boy for it then you would obsiously be promoting it. I have obviously never been to his bar before but if is supposed to be Rangers bar then he should be happy for any Rangers fans singing Rangers songs. I dont understand.

He should take a look at the Royal in Sandy Row and see a proper PUL pub

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've never liked the Bellrock for some reason. 

The Louden at Kinning Park is at the bottom of Brand where it meets Harvie St. Used to be called the Cessnock. I was in there on Saturday.

Marshall used to own that before buying the Stadium and turning it into the Louden. 

He's not really that big. Google him there's plenty of pics.

Didnt know he did that one too. Cheers fella.

As a protestant/unionist/loyalist Rangers supporter, id rather walk 10 mins upto Ibrox from the blue star club or lorne st halls, where i am amongst my own kind, where there is allways a band on and an atmosphere that i can sing what i want.

The wee rangers also is where my bus i was on from Norn Iron stopped yesterday and the owner had done us a good turn many times.

Like the so called bears who continue to buy the daily rebel rag n give online huts to the anti rangers bbc, question yourself why!

11 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Well myself and the guys from the bus were in there yesterday - it was absolutley stowed out. I suspect the portaloos are a temporary provision until the renovations are completed - it is so busy that its an absolute nightmare to get to the little boys room from the beer garden, so I find them a Godsend rather than a source of ridicule. Especially at my age and with my bladder.

Hospitality was up to its usual standard - as it was on Wednesday - with rolls and pies free of charge to patrons.

We discussed the singing yesterday - Im quite sure there are the faux offended brigade in the neighbourhood who complain about the slightest thing emanating from the pub, particularly the beer garden where the sound carries further, and I did notice at one point the Polis visiting, possibly in response to a malicious complaint.

I sometimes think as a club & support under seige from haters, we are far too quick to turn on our own.

He wanted work places and addresses of other supporters put on social media over a few jokes made on this forum. 

He deserves absolutely all of the abuse he receives 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He wanted work places and addresses of other supporters put on social media over a few jokes made on this forum. 

He deserves absolutely all of the abuse he receives 

Lets be honest W - it was a pretty unedifying thread, rather than just a "few jokes" - albeit I totally disagree with the sanctions he proposed.

If thats people's beef with him then so be it - but  there is a lot of nonsense posted on this and various other threads reagrding The Louden.

30 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This is him

23848698.jpg

Cheers for that, I think. Always pictured him to be a big intimidating bastard for some reason.

Sure I watched the documentary he was in years ago and have it in my head he refered to the taig as plastic paddies

Perhaps just the old memory playing tricks. Dont recall him from that pic.

Does he get a bit handy with drunks in the pub then?

7 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Cheers for that, I think. Always pictured him to be a big intimidating bastard for some reason.

Sure I watched the documentary he was in years ago and have it in my head he refered to the taig as plastic paddies

Perhaps just the old memory playing tricks. Dont recall him from that pic.

Does he get a bit handy with drunks in the pub then?

Like most pubs, they will use Bouncers as it will be easy for them to get their licence revoked. He is an old as well.

37 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Lets be honest W - it was a pretty unedifying thread, rather than just a "few jokes" - albeit I totally disagree with the sanctions he proposed.

If thats people's beef with him then so be it - but  there is a lot of nonsense posted on this and various other threads reagrding The Louden.

Sadly D,he has previous on the grassing front when in charge of the Duke St premises.

Just now, Coplandrear25 said:

Sadly D,he has previous on the grassing front when in charge of the Duke St premises.

If people dont want to drink in his pub CR due to their opinion or beliefs regarding him - thats their prerogative - but lets not make shit up or withhold the benefit of the doubt to our own.