Louden

RFC55

3 hours ago, BEE said:

I realise the reason for chucking me out is fair enough, can't have me in if suspected of glassing some cunt - but the way I was man handled out and spoke to by Rab was shite.

Aye ive seen him speak to some people like shite. He has a decent pub, but has to realise that guys get drunk and shout things they normally wouldnt. Pull the guy aside and warn him he might get kicked out, but theres no need to pick a guy out on the mic. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think you're in the minority on this one mate.

In addition to the grassing episode, he was a complete prick during the time he posted on RM then lied on other social media about why he was eventually banned.

I would honestly rather set my money on fire than give him one penny. I genuinely hope he comes to a bad end no matter what team he follows.

Wont be the first time (probably not the last either) that Ive been in the minority - I can live with that.

I find BA's allegation that he is exploiting the blue pound difficult to comprehend - he has turned an absolute shitehole of a pub into a Rangers pub which welcomes and caters for bears & looks after them every other Saturday. Those who frequent the pub do so by their own free will and make a free choice to spend their money there.

I know for a fact that some of the allegations against both Robert and Greg from other threads on other subjects are completely erroneous, and I think a few will have egg on their faces when the facts emerge. Just my take of course.

6 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Wont be the first time (probably not the last either) that Ive been in the minority - I can live with that.

I find BA's allegation that he is exploiting the blue pound difficult to comprehend - he has turned an absolute shitehole of a pub into a Rangers pub which welcomes and caters for bears & looks after them every other Saturday. Those who frequent the pub do so by their own free will and make a free choice to spend their money there.

I know for a fact that some of the allegations against both Robert and Greg from other threads on other subjects are completely erroneous, and I think a few will have egg on their faces when the facts emerge. Just my take of course.

What allegations mate? Can't say that and not elaborate :lol:

58 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

The accusation I'd direct at them is that they lied about the Edmiston House CIC, Claiming on here and on FF that it was was just a name for it and it had nothing to do with Edmiston House at all. Yet the documents they lodged at companies house state clearly it is a CIC set up in relation to the refurbishment of Edmiston House. So either Rab is lying to us or to companies house.

5 minutes ago, Spectre said:

The accusation I'd direct at them is that they lied about the Edmiston House CIC, Claiming on here and on FF that it was was just a name for it and it had nothing to do with Edmiston House at all. Yet the documents they lodged at companies house state clearly it is a CIC set up in relation to the refurbishment of Edmiston House. So either Rab is lying to us or to companies house.

You are entitled to draw your own conclusions bud - Id prefer to wait and see what transpires.

12 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

You are entitled to draw your own conclusions bud - Id prefer to wait and see what transpires.

I appreciate they might come out with something that explains them being cagey about their plans but I doubt even if I racked my brain for days I'd be able to come up with a scenario where the EH CIC having nothing to do with Edmiston House (as Rab said on here and FF) and EH CIC being about redeveloping and refurbishing Edmiston House (as declared to companies house) can both be true. You don't really need to wait to see what transpires to know that two completely contradictory statements can't both be true.

22 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

i don't even know tbh

I know.

The third goal went in...

You came staggering back up from the toilet...

@Frank Harrison mentioned that the Louden was calling...

You were in such a fuckin knick that if he had said The River Clyde was calling, you would still have followed him.

And that is the facts as they happened your honour. :lol:

I'd make a fuckin brilliant grass. :hmmm:

9 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

You are seriously having a laugh.

And BTW It wasn't BA's allegation. I was going on the back of many others and the fact is, the rat isn't a charity. Pray continue to defend the indefensible, your perogative, but dont come on here back biting at those with a different opinion than your own and not for the first ime.

Deny and defend all you want, but it doesn't change the reality. A rat is a rat!

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You are seriously having a laugh.

And BTW It wasn't BA's allegation. I was going on the back of many others and the fact is, the rat isn't a charity. Pray continue to defend the indefensible, your perogative, but dont come on here back biting at those with a different opinion than your own and not for the first ime.

Deny and defend all you want, but it doesn't change the reality. A rat is a rat!

Oh dear seem to have ruffled a few feathers there old boy.

No-one saying he is running a charity - he is running a business,

Id be interested to hear you validate your allegation of exploiting the blue pound given the fact patrons at his pub go there freely and under no compulsion whatsoever.

20 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Oh dear seem to have ruffled a few feathers there old boy.

No-one saying he is running a charity - he is running a business,

Id be interested to hear you validate your allegation of exploiting the blue pound given the fact patrons at his pub go there freely and under no compulsion whatsoever.

I'd say thats a poor allegation he'salong tbh. 

Don't agree with the no singing etc  etc but as you say it's a business and people go in on their own free  will.

Prices are also pretty reasonable 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I'd say thats a poor allegation he'salong tbh. 

Don't agree with the no singing etc  etc but as you say it's a business and people go in on their own free  will.

Prices are also pretty reasonable 

We discussed this on Saturday bud when we were in. Given that singing is allowed inside the pub I suspect its because of complaints regarding noise from the beer garden. Also notable that no music is played outside which reinforces the notion.

16 hours ago, Coplandrear25 said:

The Louden in Dennistoun was owned by Rosemount Taverns.He's never 'owned' a pub in his life.

It was on the market for over £300k if I remember, Because for the size of it I could not believe someone would pay that amount for it but someone did.  

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

It was on the market for over £300k if I remember, Because for the size of it I could not believe someone would pay that amount for it but someone did.  

The pub is still on the Rosemount Taverns web page so I assume they still own it.Marshall did have the lease for the two Loudens that Rosemount own but sold them on.

17 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Re not being allowed to sing certain songs in the Louden. Anyone remember the Glaswegian which if I remember lost it's licence for singing "bad" songs. Unfortunately with the state of GCC you are leaving yourself wide open for a ban.

Having a taig bitch as your upstairs neighbour didn't help the Glassy.

Not once have I ever went into a pub and thought "I wonder if the owner is a lying grassing cunt". My usual first thought is "wonder what they have on tap". The pub could be sponsoring ISIS for all I care, a pint's a pint.

@D'Artagnan I was behind you in the queue in the beer garden & I watched Robert come out with a megaphone asking folk not to sing songs like "a flute for 50p" due to the lyrics & I'm fairly certain the risks to his licence, especially with plod all around.

There were signs all over the place, again asking folk not to sing certain songs.

The wait was horrendous in the beer garden but I was placated by a FREE roll handed out (note free .. Not exactly ripping folk off as they don't need to do that) 

14 minutes ago, Ace said:

@D'Artagnan I was behind you in the queue in the beer garden & I watched Robert come out with a megaphone asking folk not to sing songs like "a flute for 50p" due to the lyrics & I'm fairly certain the risks to his licence, especially with plod all around.

There were signs all over the place, again asking folk not to sing certain songs.

The wait was horrendous in the beer garden but I was placated by a FREE roll handed out (note free .. Not exactly ripping folk off as they don't need to do that) 

You should have said hello !

Furthermore if you were behind me in the queue you will know the round came to £43 yet the barmaid only took £40 - hardly the actions of a pub exploiting bears.

Were you impressed that I got such a big round right ? - albeit with a considerable amount of coaching !!

6 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Furthermore if you were behind me in the queue you will know the round came to £43 yet the barmaid only took £40 - hardly the actions of a pub exploiting bears.

Were you impressed that I got such a big round right ? - albeit with a considerable amount of coaching !!

£43 for your round, D'art?

Sounds like you have a problem, 2 hands and one mooth!

38 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I noticed there was a lot of input into your ordering style ?.

Also, you were in deep conversation & it's rude to interrupt.