RFC55

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

Never been to that Louden. Used to love the 1 at bottom of Brand st when we lived on that street a few year ago

Always pretty quiet of an evening and always very chilled out the times we were in. Is it still going? The Park bar was at the top of the street didnt like it so much.

Used to enjoy the Bellrock on a weekend apart from the occasional bloke getting jumped and battered oot the back always found it pretty chilled too.

Never seen this Marshsal bloke just the sons pic as SLO.Is the old man a big basturt then, sizewise like? Sounds like a piece o work.

Big?? Aye round the fucking waist. 

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Is that Canadian prick of a bouncer still in there.

cheeky fucking retard.

The bald guy? Aye, always been sound to me.

1 minute ago, Detroit Lion said:

I should add btw, regardless of my previous post that I think it's a cracking match day space. Reasonably priced and punters seem well catered for. 

Bar an actual private club or halls of function room, I don't think there's anywhere that will let you sing with impunity. Especially an outdoor beer garden in a residential area.

The guy that runs it is IMO an absolute throbber and hypocrite, and for him to describe himself as the poster boy for anything other than type 2 diabetes or heart disease is fucking hilarious, but it's his livelihood and I suppose he has to be seen to be running a tight ship.

Fs :lol:.

Plenty of pubs in the area you can sing whatever you want, won't name them for obvious reasons.

4 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

I dunno man, I think there's a serious crackdown on it. 

I know the ones you mean and they'd be my choice if I wanted to go somewhere before or after a match, but there's a definite increased polis presence at most matchday boozers.

If you take a look at the amount of folk are in the Louden and were to put them in any pub in Glasgow they'd get to sing what they wanted, either because the staff would be to nervous to ask them to stop or because they'd be grateful for that amount of customers

The Louden owners problem is he acts like he's on a high horse and takes it for granted 

As some have argued about, I don't think he "takes advantage" of the Blue Pound but he certainly takes it for granted 

If I was him I'd let folk sing what they want but ban folk from filming in the pub and id stop his daft campaigns on social media as I think it's a great pub and I wish there was more like it but his attitude makes me wary of going to his pub and I wouldn't choose to go there. It's bad enough these days getting a sing song in a pub without folk being mock offended let alone our own doing it for them

On 13/08/2017 at 6:48 PM, K.A.I said:

Correct. Official Erskine or Help For Heroe's badge sellers about 10-years ago 

"you can't sell these in here, every pound per badge is a pound less in my till" was the line.

10 years ? Not been open that long surely ? No where near.

Rob has been kind enough to let me collect for the RBL Poppy Appeal for the last few years and very successful it's been. 

The owners, staff and customers could not have been more helpful and I shall always be grateful on behalf of the Legion and the people we help. 

There are reasons a lot of "collectors" are not able to collect there (and other pubs I'll bet) we all know these reasons. 

All I can say is thankyou to the Louden Tavern, a big reason I manage to colllect over 5k a year for the appeal !

1 minute ago, The Judderman said:

10 years ? Not been open that long surely ? No where near.

Rob has been kind enough to let me collect for the RBL Poppy Appeal for the last few years and very successful it's been. 

The owners, staff and customers could not have been more helpful and I shall always be grateful on behalf of the Legion and the people we help. 

There are reasons a lot of "collectors" are not able to collect there (and other pubs I'll bet) we all know these reasons. 

All I can say is thankyou to the Louden Tavern, a big reason I manage to colllect over 5k a year for the appeal !

It was when he had the Duke Steet Louden. I'm not talking about the Copland Road one.