Were we really as bad as people are making out today

lewisrfc93

I honestly dont think so.

We got off to a cracking start. Knocking the ball about well, pressing high up the park, got the early goal then the game settled and evened out a bit but up until that red card we were on top. Jacks sending off is a disgrace. If anything stokes should have walked. The referee was in a great position and clearly saw stokes hand on jacks throat and then he presses his head in to jack. This fucks up our game plan far to ealy on in the match. We at least dug in and were getting into tackles that you would not have seen last season. We had fight. I felt the extra man they had made a few of our players for example dorrans, cover far to many yards on the pitch. We had a few decent chances to equalize and thought we were a bit unlucky at times. Pedro made changes at time and tried to change the game. It didnt work but at least he tried to change it up. We need to get behind the manger and the team. Its early days and we already look much better thsn at any point last season.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all.

We were right up for it, thundering into tackles and playing some good fast paced pressing football. 

Went 1-0 up, and should have been 2 but for Miller making a cunt of it again. 

Stokes should have been sent off. 

Conceeded a soft goal against the run of play, and then Jack was sent off. Had a really wobbly 10 mins or so and conceeded again. 

They scored a great goal (although maybe Fod should have done better). 

We played pretty much route one second half, and aside for the goal only made a couple of chances. Worked hard, but Ibrox is a big pitch to play for 60+ mins with 10 men. Don't fault the players or the managers much today to be honest. Refereeing was absolutely criminal. 

We were shite for 70/75 mins imo.

3 defenders had a shit show, Windass could do fuck all for a half, Miller was dreadful and canny blame him for being played in midfield, Herrera was shit, Morelos had a good game, Dorrans done his job and Miller's and Pena's who was as bad as being put down to 9.

We weren't awful and you could see some signs of improvement. However we lost goals at home which if you look at our successful sides that very rarely happened domestically, let alone in the 2nd game of the season, let alone against a side just promoted to our league.

It wasn't good enough. If it wasn't for the red card that should never have been a red card. Pedro would rightly be getting slaughtered right now.

Even with 10 men, it is not acceptable to lose 3 goals like that.

Just now, Ivybank said:

First 10/15 mins we were good after that when it went to 1 1 they were the better team and our midfield were shite. It's worrying for the midfield as Motherwell did the same for the last 20 mins last week

We'd started to fall out of it badly after the 1st 20 mins & the arse totally fell out of it in that minute between Miller missing the sitter & them equalising.

The red card just made things worse & we took far too long to regroup.

Anybody else notice they would pump the ball upfield and not challenge for it - they simply waited for Bruno to head it back to them, rinse & repeat.

We never had any real control of the ball or the match after that.

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

First 10/15 mins we were good after that when it went to 1 1 they were the better team and our midfield were shite. It's worrying for the midfield as Motherwell did the same for the last 20 mins last week

I still haven't seen the Motherwell game from last week so I won't comment on that.

And as I said on the other thread I can understand why he wanted to bypass midfield in the second half.

But we will have to be at our very best in most games this season because it will be 2 on 3 in most midfield battles. In the first half after the Tav / Stokes incident that was starting to show.

The problem was the Ref allowed Hibs to kick us off the ball. 6 Rangers players booked and a sending off(4 booking and the red in the first half), 3 Hibs bookings (2 in the first half). Rangers players were afraid to attack the ball cause the Ref would have booked them but Hibs were tackling from behind and taking players out without a word said by the Ref. The Ref destroyed any chance of us competing for the ball cause he was looking to hammer us at all times.

The full backs problem is still present, the midfield still keeps getting overrun and the forward line is poor, could be talking about last season.

looking like we are playing good for the first 20 when games last 90 minutes.

He brings in a quality player in Alves and surrounds him with average players ain't going to cut it, a bit like last season.

Just now, KingKirk said:

No we were good today. I have hope going forward I can see what the manager is trying to achieve. The pressing is really really impressive.

When was the last Rangers team to press like we have these last few games.

we need a few more players, i like the pressing, they just got everything going their way today. game could have been over after 5 mins, terrible luck today imo. 

Echo what a few said.

started off on fire, should be a couple up, then we concede a goal that an amateur team would be embarrassed to lose and wobble.

A cunt of a decision puts us to 10 and after that we were chasing.

Substitutions were head scratching tbh and deciding to aim high balls upto 3 big centre halves was stupid.

No we're not that bad and comments like "i'm done with this team" etc are totally ridiculous. Many things conspired against us today. 

We can make valid excuses but the reality is that we need to win games at home if we want to do anything is the league. We need to be smarter and better, quickly.  

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not at all.

We were right up for it, thundering into tackles and playing some good fast paced pressing football. 

Went 1-0 up, and should have been 2 but for Miller making a cunt of it again. 

Stokes should have been sent off. 

Conceeded a soft goal against the run of play, and then Jack was sent off. Had a really wobbly 10 mins or so and conceeded again. 

They scored a great goal (although maybe Fod should have done better). 

We played pretty much route one second half, and aside for the goal only made a couple of chances. Worked hard, but Ibrox is a big pitch to play for 60+ mins with 10 men. Don't fault the players or the managers much today to be honest. Refereeing was absolutely criminal. 

Spot on. If miller puts us 2 up i think it would have game over because we were looking good at that point.

We just can't seem to kill off teams off for second week in a row we should have been at least 2-0 up by the 20 minute mark.

How many times have we hit the post or bar this season already? We seem to hit a wall after early domination and fall out of the games.

every other cunt is laughing at the decisions Hibs got today from the ref, we are hated that much they know the decisions where bad and basically are saying get it up yas, its down to us being the most hated and most successful team in the Scotland.  Jealousy is a terrible thing, if Hibs had've been on the end of these bad decisions it would've been a masonic conspiracy.