Were we really as bad as people are making out today

lewisrfc93

The game is played over 90 mins plus injury time.  Did we win?   No

Were the players good enough to take the other goal scoring opportunities that came our way when we were 1-0 up, and again when we were chasing he game?    Most definitely not.   

Did we defend well enough at their equalising goal?   No.   

Was there enough leadership on the pitch after they equalised to organise things to restore a grip on the game?   No.  Despite a number of the so called ' 5 captains' being on the pitch.

Was the team set up well enough to deal with 'in your face, provoke referee' tactics?   Not in my opinion.

Was it clear why Pena was brought on and did he make an effective contribution to trying to recover the game?   No and no.

Did any of the team do enough to merit a 7 or better out of 10 score?   IMO, no.

Did the manager do enough to earn a 7 or better out of 10 score?   IMO, no.....nowhere near it.

Goals win games.  We did not score enough goals - again.   

Here's the new boss and the new way of playing........same as the old boss with the same sort of results. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always one extreme or the other on here, I think we fell very short in several areas but we were really up against it with Beaton. I don't necessarily think Pedro is the man to take us forward and some of his signings are questionable but I'm not going to dismiss everyone of them utter dugshite after today. Extreme reactions on either side of the argument, which is understandable as we all want what's best for Rangers.

Team royally shat themselves the second hibs equalised. 

This idea about us being on top of the game until the red is way off.

We were good for about 20 minutes, then pretty poor for the next 15 minutes until the red card.

Then, fucked after that, no thanks to Pedro's questionable subs.

8 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

The goals we lost today were tragic. That's why we lost, Not necessarily all Pedro's fault but he has lost alot of goodwill with his pish poor results. We are 2 weeks in and already chasing. 

A must win next week. 

Watch big Alves at the 1st where the fuck was he going ?

Good first 15 and that was it , not buying the red changed it this is fucking Rangers no way should we be dominated like that from a diddy team like hibs the from 1 each on even with 10 men , Gers teams of previous years would have trounced them today with 10 men at ibrox  , about time we got back to that mentality and quickly , sitting in and being dominated and bullied by fucking HIBS is as far as I'm concerned totally unacceptable and not the mentality of our great club  , we won the UEFA cup semi final with 10 men fur fuck sake 

37 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

First 10/15 mins we were good after that when it went to 1 1 they were the better team and our midfield were shite. It's worrying for the midfield as Motherwell did the same for the last 20 mins last week

There are parallels to the Motherwell game. Dominating the ball and playing with high tempo - but for me it seems as soon as hibs settled they started taking over. Motherwell settled, they never took over but they caused us all sorts of problems. 

Make no mistake red card or no red card we had started losing the midfield battle which for me was even more concerning than our two CBs struggling with murrays movement - if we maintained control he would have been isolated.

We will see. Not making rash judgements- we are a team in transition. But we need to consistently be tucking away the likes of hibs and it has to start very soon. Otherwise Pedro will get the bullet. 

36 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Cardoso was class

He was shown up something rotten on that first goal though. 

Made that Ginger boy look like Ronaldo, got it all wrong facing him up. 

He is very good, but that goal had a huge impact today. 

52 minutes ago, lewisrfc93 said:

I honestly dont think so.

We got off to a cracking start. Knocking the ball about well, pressing high up the park, got the early goal then the game settled and evened out a bit but up until that red card we were on top. Jacks sending off is a disgrace. If anything stokes should have walked. The referee was in a great position and clearly saw stokes hand on jacks throat and then he presses his head in to jack. This fucks up our game plan far to ealy on in the match. We at least dug in and were getting into tackles that you would not have seen last season. We had fight. I felt the extra man they had made a few of our players for example dorrans, cover far to many yards on the pitch. We had a few decent chances to equalize and thought we were a bit unlucky at times. Pedro made changes at time and tried to change the game. It didnt work but at least he tried to change it up. We need to get behind the manger and the team. Its early days and we already look much better thsn at any point last season.

Another with far too much sense.:tu:

47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not at all.

We were right up for it, thundering into tackles and playing some good fast paced pressing football. 

Went 1-0 up, and should have been 2 but for Miller making a cunt of it again. 

Stokes should have been sent off. 

Conceeded a soft goal against the run of play, and then Jack was sent off. Had a really wobbly 10 mins or so and conceeded again. 

They scored a great goal (although maybe Fod should have done better). 

We played pretty much route one second half, and aside for the goal only made a couple of chances. Worked hard, but Ibrox is a big pitch to play for 60+ mins with 10 men. Don't fault the players or the managers much today to be honest. Refereeing was absolutely criminal. 

Champions adapt to daft decisions. We didn't.

44 minutes ago, ZZed said:

The problem was the Ref allowed Hibs to kick us off the ball. 6 Rangers players booked and a sending off(4 booking and the red in the first half), 3 Hibs bookings (2 in the first half). Rangers players were afraid to attack the ball cause the Ref would have booked them but Hibs were tackling from behind and taking players out without a word said by the Ref. The Ref destroyed any chance of us competing for the ball cause he was looking to hammer us at all times.

The same ref that had a blinder for the scumbags in last Old Firm game

It was almost like a rerun

Still getting ripped apart down the flanks, still no one stepping up and being the leader when the going gets tough. Still baffling subs and tactics from Pedro who seems very slow to react to problem areas and even hinders the team with his subs. The infatuation with playing Miller in midfield and wondering why you are getting overrun when your midfield four consists of Miller and Windass. 

I don't think we were that bad up until Jack went off. He was the guy doing the pressing and in the first 15 mins they were just getting rid of it in midfield. While the sending off was huge we do need to be more clinical in front of goal. Even on Wednesday night we missed some absolute sitters. Although Pedro came in last season it is more or less a new team and it might take a bit of time. I def have more confidence in this team than I did after our first home game last season. They at least showed a bit of fight today. We won't win the league this season but we at least we have a team that have some fight about them, just need to add a wee bit extra quality.

Good for the first 15 minutes then completely lost our way and as soon as Hibs scored we were a poor second best all over the park; midfield was being outplayed, out passed and out fought even before the sending off.

Full backs were terrible,Cardosa poor, and apart from the goal Morelos did nothing. Windass as usual fell over a lot before downing tools.

The substitutes  were awful, Herrera still looks a dud and Pena even worse. Two games in and unless there is a dramatic improvement in performance and tactics there will be no European games next season.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

The problem was the Ref allowed Hibs to kick us off the ball. 6 Rangers players booked and a sending off(4 booking and the red in the first half), 3 Hibs bookings (2 in the first half). Rangers players were afraid to attack the ball cause the Ref would have booked them but Hibs were tackling from behind and taking players out without a word said by the Ref. The Ref destroyed any chance of us competing for the ball cause he was looking to hammer us at all times.

100%. Game ended as a contest when he shat it to send stokes off in 7th minute

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Not at all.

We were right up for it, thundering into tackles and playing some good fast paced pressing football. 

Went 1-0 up, and should have been 2 but for Miller making a cunt of it again. 

Stokes should have been sent off. 

Conceeded a soft goal against the run of play, and then Jack was sent off. Had a really wobbly 10 mins or so and conceeded again. 

They scored a great goal (although maybe Fod should have done better). 

We played pretty much route one second half, and aside for the goal only made a couple of chances. Worked hard, but Ibrox is a big pitch to play for 60+ mins with 10 men. Don't fault the players or the managers much today to be honest. Refereeing was absolutely criminal. 

Good post mate, pretty much how I saw it.

Normally a fan of Millers contributions but today he was a passenger, their first goal stemmed from miller dummying the ball on the 18 yard line and giving away possession and they went right up the park and scored.

That cunt stokes should have saw straight red first 10-15 mins of game with that challenge which was right in front of us, shocking and just saw the video of the sending off. Fuck me, incompetent fucks.

We don't have good enough athletes in middle of park to go 3v2 in big games imo.

Especially when it looks as if there not getting help from wide players tucking in or striker dropping in.

Rossiter jack and dorrans in there in big games with 1 up front I think we would be more solid and hard to beat. 

6 hours ago, ZZed said:

For me, what highlights the accuracy of your comments were the Morelos and Cardoso bookings which were for trivial offences but saw both players afraid to commit afterwards. 

We were terrible. Hibs were far too comfortable ten men or not. Totally unacceptable. 

There's no doubt the sending off was wrong, the ref had a cunt of a game and it was a major set back but above all that, a decent manager adapts and has a plan B and galvanises the team - we looked lost. 

Pedro is guilty of putting all his eggs in one basket with a certain approach and if there's a setback or a couple of players have an off day then we're in trouble. 

He talks utter pish in his interviews too. A master at saying what he thinks people wants to hear. The only sensible thing I've heard him say was last week after Motherwell about that being 1 game down 37 cup finals to go ... some cup final yesterday was