Not worried at all

RFCRobertson

Up until Jack getting sent off, I had no reason to believe that we couldn't have bossed that game. We scored early, we looked lively, whenever Hibs did make a move it was swiftly dealt with.

That all changed with Jack getting sent off and with Beaton being completely biased. Now I hate bringing the ref into the equation but he did have a massive say in the game. I firmly believe we have strong players who can put in a tackle and can hold their own, however they were effectively rendered useless in that department by Beaton who would give a free kick against them for the slightest of challenges. and hibs used that to their advantage, especially with their goals. The defending at the goals were awful, but if the defenders put a tackle in then there's a good chance it would've been either a booking, free kick or penalty and personally I think Beaton was itching to send another Rangers player off. 

Going into the Hearts game next week, I won't be concerned. I still believe in the team and manager. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Up until Jack getting sent off, I had no reason to believe that we couldn't have bossed that game. We scored early, we looked lively, whenever Hibs did make a move it was swiftly dealt with.

That all changed with Jack getting sent off and with Beaton being completely biased. Now I hate bringing the ref into the equation but he did have a massive say in the game. I firmly believe we have strong players who can put in a tackle and can hold their own, however they were effectively rendered useless in that department by Beaton who would give a free kick against them for the slightest of challenges. and hibs used that to their advantage, especially with their goals. The defending at the goals were awful, but if the defenders put a tackle in then there's a good chance it would've been either a booking, free kick or penalty and personally I think Beaton was itching to send another Rangers player off. 

Going into the Hearts game next week, I won't be concerned. I still believe in the team and manager. 

"Whenever Hibs did make a move it was swiftly dealt with"

It's almost like their equaliser didn't happen.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

"Whenever Hibs did make a move it was swiftly dealt with"

It's almost like their equaliser didn't happen.

I knew for a fact Hibs were going to score so it didn't surprise me. I still had faith in the team to get the job done.

Also that was when the yellow cards were getting handed out like the club leaflets. 

To be honest I couldn't disagree with you more. 

I actually don't think we would have won that game with 11 men unless we changed things tactically. 

I don't think they had better players than us or more fight they just done us with tatics. They overran us in midfield and we couldn't get to grips with the game. 

I was worried before the ko when I seen the line ups. The manager got his tactics wrong and that's why we lost the game even with 10 men 

1 minute ago, cameron1873 said:

I actually don't think we would have won that game with 11 men unless we changed things tactically. 

And you know that how? You don't have any faith in the team or the team's ability?

2 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

I don't think they had better players than us or more fight they just done us with tatics. They overran us in midfield and we couldn't get to grips with the game. 

They had better players in the forward department at the very least. And the did win with fight. Every team, especialy tinpot teams like hibs are going to treat games with us like cup finals. Furthermore they're happy to batter us up and down the park, something the referee allowed to happen but when we tried it we would get free kicks against us and bookings. 

They overrun us in midfield after Jack was sent off and we didn't have someone to break up play and put pressure on them. It's an uphill battle to beat a team with 11 men who are extremely physical. 

5 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

The manager got his tactics wrong

Then what would you have done? 

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I knew for a fact Hibs were going to score so it didn't surprise me. I still had faith in the team to get the job done.

Also that was when the yellow cards were getting handed out like the club leaflets. 

That defending at first goal is symptematic of our defending of past few years. Full back caught up field, CDM nowhere and Kiernanesque from Cardoso.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That defending at first goal is symptematic of our defending of past few years. Full back caught up field, CDM nowhere and Kiernanesque from Cardoso.

Was bad won't deny that but being 1-1 at home is something we should be able to come back from. So it didn't worry me. I only really lost faith in winning the game when they got their third goal, even at that I put my faith in a draw. 

I have to say I barely watched any Scottish Premiership football when we were down the divisions. 

But last season and and from what I have watched this year, surprisingly, I think the standard has possibly got a wee bit better than 11-12.

I had a quick swatch through all the squads before and every team seems to have more English and foreign players than they used to. I think that is probably it rather than Scottish football actually getting better.

15 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

To be honest I couldn't disagree with you more. 

I was worried before the ko when I seen the line ups. The manager got his tactics wrong and that's why we lost the game even with 10 men 

Whoever our midfield two are they will have to be very good for 90 minutes if we are to win because nearly every team we play will play 3 in the middle.

We were exposed in fullback positions again.

Boy up front hit the channels and punished us.

We were being bossed in midfield.

However, Miller unlucky twice once with keeper fuck up/lob

The other the deflections and post. 

We should be dealing with Hibs at home, and as usual  get a little bit of faith then brought crashing back to earth.

The ref was an abomination but we are Rangers and should be smarter not lose our composure

I know it's a weak excuse to blame the ref but he was very poor; and the way he was constantly blowing his whistle every time Morelos put in a strong but fair challenge was a disgrace. There were a few challenges in which he was just far too strong for the hivs defenders in the 50/50 balls and he ALWAYS gave the decisions against us. Dreadful. 

4 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

I know it's a weak excuse to blame the ref but he was very poor; and the way he was constantly blowing his whistle every time Morelos put in a strong but fair challenge was a disgrace. There were a few challenges in which he was just far too strong for the hivs defenders in the 50/50 balls and he ALWAYS gave the decisions against us. Dreadful. 

Free kick against us for that. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Not concerned about hearts as their pish but we're still going to be battling for second place

We should be putting pressure on celtic right now but due to incompetence from referees that's not the case.

Although I don't see any reason why we shouldn't take second place with at the very least a 9 point lead on whoevers in third. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Up until Jack getting sent off, I had no reason to believe that we couldn't have bossed that game.

47 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:
52 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

And you know that how? You don't have any faith in the team or the team's ability?

That's a bit of a wanky reply mate.

He is merely voicing his opinion like you were in the bit i quoted.

56 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I knew for a fact Hibs were going to score so it didn't surprise me.

So you have no faith in the team or the teams ability to defend?

Double standards going on here, much like yer man John Beaton.

IMO we let Hibs settle after almost blowing them away early doors, if the snap shot from the keepers misplaced kick out or the shot that hit the post go in (both by Miller) then it's game over, Hibs then got physical and a foothold in the game and i seen the equaliser coming, the sending off did have a massive influence because the way the game was turning into a battle we need guys like Ryan Jack on the field.

Pedros tactics found wanting yet again when it's a decent test he faces, the ref was shocking but we should be set up to defeat 11 men and the ref (a saying i first heard from the most bitter of tarriers i know).

Not good enough and our team still possesses passengers and at Rangers we can't afford that.

You should be. 

We lost our composure and crumbled just as we did in big games last season. It was still 1-1 at the time of the sending off, a title challenging Rangers side should be able to shut up shop and take home a point. Instead Pedro left us in a 441 with Miller in midfield; then at half time he made two substitutions, and Miller remained one half of a midfield two - with Rossiter and his £3m signing still on the bench. 

Anyone who isn't worried is using the referee as a cop out. Tactical shit show after the sending off, but even worse we showed the same failures before it. Lost our grip on the game, let them back in, and proceeded to absolutely implode after they should have been dead and buried.

No excuses, no what ifs, no mitigating circumstances - yesterday, and all other big games under Pedro, was and have been totally unacceptable.