Re Jack.The board are needing to stop players talking shit to the Press.

Smile

13 minutes ago, MelbourneBlue said:

Pedro has stated that Rangers are appealing the red card. KM's quote suggests Ryan Jack may have deserved the red and pretty well undermines the appeal from within our own club. If I were Pedro and saw that quote, KM would be looking for alternate employment.

Great point 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not been happy with a few of Miller's interviews. I think his comment that when Foderingham made that save against Motherwell he was doing what he was paid to do was hardly what Wes would have preferred to hear; and when he was on the press conference last week he should have spoke for the manager a bit better, in my opinion. I sometimes go back to Walter Smith, but when it came to interviews etc he knew what needed to be said and not said. Maybe Miller should do it that way in future.

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's being sarcastic because some folk criticising Pedro for yesterday 

Oh aye, forgot we aren't allowed to criticise the manager. 

Miller is a prick. Cannot wait until he's gone. 

Any other club in he world would have had post match interviews condemning the ref. We have this complete wanker condemning his own player (who did nothing wrong)

I'd like to think the manager or someone from the club will have a word with Miller, doubt it though.

We've had a few players in the past who started to get too big for their boots and think hey we're bigger than the team but at least those guys were actually great players. 

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I have not been happy with a few of Miller's interviews. I think his comment that when Foderingham made that save against Motherwell he was doing what he was paid to do was hardly what Wes would have preferred to hear; and when he was on the press conference last week he should have spoke for the manager a bit better, in my opinion. I sometimes go back to Walter Smith, but when it came to interviews etc he knew what needed to be said and not said. Maybe Miller should do it that way in future.

The comment in the press conference before the progres game that he didn't know half the players names was also a bit strange.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

The comment in the press conference before the progres game that he didn't know half the players names was also a bit strange.

There was also that thing after he scored against Dunfermline, and Dorrans goes over to celebrate with him, and he pushes him away. What was that about!

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Badger said:

It is a harsh red card but Jack has given the ref an excuse. Enough happened to make an appeal unlikely to be successful.

The fact Stokes should have went and the ref had a shocker has brushed over that fact.

There is absolutely no reason our Appeal should be unsuccessful 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

There is absolutely no reason our Appeal should be unsuccessful 

He laid hands on him. He got involved when he didn't need to.

Yes, its harsh and rare to see a red for it in context and.... the precedent set with Stokes earlier underlines that.

But letter of the law....

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Badger said:

Yes, its harsh and rare to see a red for it in context and.... the precedent set with Stokes earlier underlines that.

It wasn't a red it was a yellow at most, we can use what stokes did earlier and in that involvement also to show why it should be reduced. 

42 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I'd prefer if all Rangers staff just kept their mouth shut and didn't speak to the press unless necessary, we should also have our PR team coaching the players on speaking to the press.

Our manager and many of our players have big mouths and love to rattle on to the press, but they do us no favours.

None of Pedro's soundbites help, neither did Warburtons and nothing that I've heard from our players has done us any favours, all we seem to do is give the taig press ammunition, they should all just shut the fuck up

We shud not speak to any of the press only thru RFC and if they lie we sue them.

A quick no comment from players will soon get the message across .

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

It is a harsh red card, especially with the precedent set earlier, but Jack has given the ref an excuse. Enough happened to make an appeal unlikely to be successful.

The fact Stokes should have went and the ref had a shocker has brushed over that fact.

It was silly for him to get involved and give the referee a decision to make. Just as it was silly for Dorrans to start it all off with the push. 

We let them wind us up when it should have been the other way round. Stokes reacted to a tackle after five minutes, should have been sent off but once the referee showed the yellow we should have got stuck into Stokes again the next chance we got to get another reaction. They were shell shocked the first five/ten minutes but we didn't take advantage enough. 

44 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Miller is right, why would he say otherwise and look like a complete fanny and paranoid 10 year old.

He is speaking sense, Jack should have a little more savvy and be careful. It was clear with the refs decisions we were getting nothing so steaming in was not the brightest idea.

Last season we were looking for fight from our team, I have no issue with Jack  backing up his teammate. I have a massive issue with the double standards regarding the major decisions in the game yesterday. 

54 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Miller is right, why would he say otherwise and look like a complete fanny and paranoid 10 year old.

He is speaking sense, Jack should have a little more savvy and be careful. It was clear with the refs decisions we were getting nothing so steaming in was not the brightest idea.

Nah not for me . Too many times the press have used our own quotes against us to justify their argument . I can just see keevins justifying the red card by saying ' even Kenny Miller thought it was a red ' . I know that's not what KM actually said , but they will twist his meanings . 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Nah not for me . Too many times the press have used our own quotes against us to justify their argument . I can just see keevins justifying the red card by saying ' even Kenny Miller thought it was a red ' . I know that's not what KM actually said , but they will twist his meanings . 

Exactly it's their get out of jail card.

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

So there would have been about 6 red cards base on that. That cunt mcgeouch came in pushing Dorrans, jack pushes him out the way, stokes has nothing to do with it and grabs jack by the threat then one second later their heads are pressed together and half a second later stokes moves his head forward before chasing after jack.

Letter of the law is fucking bullshit, refs use discretion and it's this biased discretion that is fucking us over.

He is clearly looking at stokes when his hand is around jacks throat......so letter of the law.......fucking bullshite

IMG_0188.thumb.PNG.77337bc4cc78815a1097506b000701e9.PNG

25 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

There was also that thing after he scored against Dunfermline, and Dorrans goes over to celebrate with him, and he pushes him away. What was that about!

It was about Miller being a complete cunt. 

I don't think it sounds like Miller's handled the post match stuff very well yesterday and clearly he deserves criticism for that like anyone else

The harsh way some (not all) seem to be getting stuck into him though feels a bit like folk that have been waiting for an excuse for years and are jumping on it because they've still never really accepted him after the year at the tarriers (I might be wide of the mark just an impression I get). We've had a massive turnover of players over the last few years and I think Miller is one of few you could claim has always given everything, it might be personal pride rather than a love of Rangers but in the end that doesn't matter when we've benefited

A forward approaching 38 is clearly going to have limitations not that many forward players at any level keep playing till that sort of age never mind being a regular, it's not Miller's fault that he keeps getting asked to contribute, under different squads with different managers he's still been considered one of the best players which says a lot about how badly we've handled recruitment

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I don't think it sounds like Miller's handled the post match stuff very well yesterday and clearly he deserves criticism for that like anyone else

The harsh way some (not all) seem to be getting stuck into him though feels a bit like folk that have been waiting for an excuse for years and are jumping on it because they've still never really accepted him after the year at the tarriers (I might be wide of the mark just an impression I get). We've had a massive turnover of players over the last few years and I think Miller is one of few you could claim has always given everything, it might be personal pride rather than a love of Rangers but in the end that doesn't matter when we've benefited

A forward approaching 38 is clearly going to have limitations not that many forward players at any level keep playing till that sort of age never mind being a regular, it's not Miller's fault that he keeps getting asked to contribute, under different squads with different managers he's still been considered one of the best players which says a lot about how badly we've handled recruitment

What I and others can't get over is that it is so blatantly obvious from a Rangers perspective that you don't offer any level of support for the red card when the club is appealing it. Miller clearly does this. That leaves a few interpretation choices - take your pick from:

KM doesn't like Ryan Jack.

KM doesn't like Pedro.

KM is a complete idiot.

How hard is it to work out that the best, the ONLY thing to say has to be supportive of your team and team mate? I don't think KM should be in the team any more on an ability basis, but that is a separate issue from what he has done here.