11 Hertha BSC                 6  8

12 VfL Wolfsburg            7  7

13 1. FSV Mainz 05         7  7

14 VfB Stuttgart               7  7

15 Hamburger SV            7  7

16 Werder Bremen           7  4

17 SC Freiburg                  6  4 

18 1.FC Köln                      6  1

They haven't scored in 5 matches either. Looks like it's gonna be another slog at the bottom!

5 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

They haven't scored in 5 matches either. Looks like it's gonna be another slog at the bottom!

No idea why they sold Gregoritsch to a rival. Problem is Wood is isolated up front and the 3 who play behind him don't get forward enough to support.

They had a young Japanese boy at LW yesterday, Ito, who looks a player. Kostic is out for a while so he looks more than enough of a decent replacement.

The good thing is HSV look better than Mainz, Bremen, Freiburg and Köln. I'm sure they will stay up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This game is a cracker. 1-1 after 15 minutes. Non-existent midfield, end to end football.

German football at its best.

• Like 1

3-2 final score. Got a late penalty through VAR.

Despite getting beat they have gone up one place in the table because Freiburg got pumped by Bayern and their goal difference is now worse :lol: 

Huge fan of the Bundesliga, Hamburg have been rank for a few years now, wouldn't be surprised if this was finally the year they go down. 

Why have they never been as successful as Bayern? Hamburg is a bigger city than Munich so why have bayern got all the money? 

5 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Why have they never been as successful as Bayern? Hamburg is a bigger city than Munich so why have bayern got all the money? 

I'm sure Adidas owns a big percentage of Bayern which would explain it to a extent. 

16 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

I'm sure Adidas owns a big percentage of Bayern which would explain it to a extent. 

I'm just surprised that Hamburg don't have more big backers or is it just the case that football is bigger in Munich than it is up north and so businesses want to become involved?

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I'm just surprised that Hamburg don't have more big backers or is it just the case that football is bigger in Munich than it is up north and so businesses want to become involved?

I'm not too sure about the northern Region of Germany, I'm pretty sure Bavaria has its own league though below the national leagues. 

• Like 1

Bayern today, could get brutal.

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

Believe it or not but Hamburg have shipped 63 goals in the last 15 games in all competitions against Bayern. With Heynckes back and Bayern back I can only see Bayern taking 4/5 off them today. 

22 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

I'm not too sure about the northern Region of Germany, I'm pretty sure Bavaria has its own league though below the national leagues. 

Bayern have their own league yes at 4th level and on the next step have 2 leagues, South and North.

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

Settling in to watch it in my mates. 

Not hopeful but at least they are at home lol. I’ll probably try to get to the return fixture this next year.

Hows the game going? On fifa so not watching it.

Might stick it on my tablet to keep an eye on the score.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Hows the game going? On fifa so not watching it.

Might stick it on my tablet to keep an eye on the score.

Got beat 1-0. They played quite well defensively, went a man down for a tackle that was definitely a yellow but nothing more, and have away a stupid goal with a lapse.