The Appeal

theiconicman

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TV evidence that the BBC showed last night made it appear Jack moved his head toward Stokes but this was shot directly from behind Jack it does not show if any contact was made and does not show if it was done in an aggressive manner . It does not show it context to the overall time frame of the incident so I can't see how they can say Jack deserved to be sent off. 

16 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

The TV evidence that the BBC showed last night made it appear Jack moved his head toward Stokes but this was shot directly from behind Jack it does not show if any contact was made and does not show if it was done in an aggressive manner . It does not show it context to the overall time frame of the incident so I can't see how they can say Jack deserved to be sent off. 

You could well be right . 

My initial thought was he's fucked but looking at the original side view , there's no reaction from Stokes , which you thought there would have been even if it had been a gesture . Could it have been a lunge forward before going head to head telling him to come ahead in anger  ? 

Hard to tell because the two angles just don't seem to match up . 

4 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Straight red and all he did was ruffle Stokes's hair, they noised us up and we fell for it . Learn from it and move on , sadly Miller took some abuse on RM today even though he called it right. 

Shame Miller didn't call it during the game and get amongst his team mates and be the leader we needed, an empty armband on the pitch just like Wallace.

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

You could well be right . 

My initial thought was he's fucked but looking at the original side view , there's no reaction from Stokes , which you thought there would have been even if it had been a gesture . Could it have been a lunge forward before going head to head telling him to come ahead in anger  ? 

Hard to tell because the two angles just don't seem to match up . 

I thought it did not match up . The clearest views show Jack did nothing on this but we can't change him being sent off . However we will see if he gets the red card rescinded soon. 

I must be getting really old. My old eyes told me that Stokes was the aggressor, and he moved his head towards Jacks head, before grabbing him by the throat. Maybe I'm looking through my blue glasses, and Jack jumped up, and stuck the head on Stokes? 

The only way they could've been head to head, was if Stokes moved his head downward toward Jacks, since Stokes is a couple of inches bigger than Jack. IMHO!!!

Never a red card yellow at most.  Also panel needs to look a Stokes behaviour as he should have been given a red card for assault on Tav. Also don't understand how Tav. got a yellow for the incident. Stokes again deserved straight red for assault on Ryan but never even got a second yellow!

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

That is BBC Scumbags for you . The probably trolled through all the footage to find the most damning . Used their skills to enhance the frame and make it look as if he was closer . his gesture was to show what Stokes did to him . As I far as I could see at the game .

You bet your bottom dollar . Any beggar fuckpig compliance officer would only use their footage

Signed off from Cris mutant loving , specie bastard Mcclauchlan himself

I'm sure Ally McCoist might back him up

29 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I thought it did not match up . The clearest views show Jack did nothing on this but we can't change him being sent off . However we will see if he gets the red card rescinded soon. 

Like I said mate . They will use the most damning . And to think Brown got off with the most blatant Red card , you will ever see

Scott Brown near enough chopped a player in two with a tackle last season.  He got a red card and was rightly sent off for it.  He appealed and the red card was taken away in retrospect.  If we appeal maybe we'll win anaw this is the circus of Scottish football. 

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Straight red and all he did was ruffle Stokes's hair, they noised us up and we fell for it . Learn from it and move on , sadly Miller took some abuse on RM today even though he called it right. 

Shame he didn't deal with it as a captain on the park, or privately with Jack. 

Instead airing his thoughts on it to the wider media, along with some kind words for 'Lenny' and 'Stokesy'.

Should be backing his team mate up, instead of throwing him under the bus. We all know he's prepping for his last contract at Hibs before moving into punditry though...

2 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

The BBC tried every angle until they found one that appeared to show Jack moving his head towards Stoke's face, but it was from behind. Whereas every other angle appeared to show Stokes moving his head at the same time. Then again it is the corrupt sporting section of BBC Scotland, so what do we expect.