Kenny Miller - I've had enough of him.

graeme_4

I started a topic about 6 months ago, about how Miller was getting too big for his boots and how he was becoming a liability on the park too, and got roundly slaughtered for it by most. 

We're into a new season, and it seems that things are just getting worse and worse with him. I'll not go over old ground (thumping the Celtic badge, leaving again to chase the £££ in Turkey etc) but in the last two league games he's missed two guilt edge chances that would have buried the opposition when we were at 1-0 and flying. Also made a cunt of it with a stupid dummy (which he's no right to try given his limited ability) and then had a good moan at Morelos for it while Hibs went up the park and equalised. 

He's had quite a few subtle(ish) digs at the manager about how it's not ideal to be signing so many players or foreign players, and now he's thrown Jack under the bus for the red card at the weekend while also dishing out a few kind words to 'Lenny' and 'Stokesy'. Some fucking captain, do you think Brown or Lennon would do that to one of their own? 

Also heard from a few different circles that he was the dressing room leak last year, which ties up nicely with his next move to Hibs and then his transition into punditry. 

IMO he hit a run of a few goals at the end of last year, and Pedro felt he had to give him a new deal, when in reality he'd probably have preferred not to. 

If I was Pedro I'd be dropping him, he's too old, not good enough and is getting above his station. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I started a topic about 6 months ago, about how Miller was getting too big for his boots and how he was becoming a liability on the park too, and got roundly slaughtered for it by most. 

We're into a new season, and it seems that things are just getting worse and worse with him. I'll not go over old ground (thumping the Celtic badge, leaving again to chase the £££ in Turkey etc) but in the last two league games he's missed two guilt edge chances that would have buried the opposition when we were at 1-0 and flying. Also made a cunt of it with a stupid dummy (which he's not right to try given his limited ability) and then had a good moan at Morelos for it while Hibs went up the park and equalised. 

He's had quite a few subtle(ish) digs at the manager about how it's not ideal to be signing so many players or foreign players, and now he's thrown Jack under the bus for the red card at the weekend while also dishing out a few kind words to 'Lenny' and 'Stokesy'. Some fucking captain, do you think Brown or Lennon would do that to one of their own? 

Also heard from a few different circles that he was the dressing room leak last year, which ties up nicely with his next move to Hibs and then his transition into punditry. 

IMO he hit a run of a few goals at the end of last year, and Pedro felt he had to give him a new deal, when in reality he'd probably have preferred not to. 

If I was Pedro I'd be dropping him, he's too old, not good enough and is getting above his station. 

Got to agree that i don't think he is good enough anymore.

Not so sure about the leak stuff, his motives when he conducts interviews or his next career plans.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

How much skill do you need to have to dummy the ball?

Just the positional awareness to realise that there's an opposition player directly behind you when you're about do it.

Also the sense not to try it every single time the ball comes towards you so that it's not so predictable and easy to stop.

That's just my opinion though.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

How much skill do you need to have to dummy the ball?

To do it succesfully then i would say quite a lot, the most important part being all round awareness of opponents positioning, team mates positioning and if the pass is going to meet intended target and the intended target is going to have the awareness of your dummy.

Kenny doesn't have that awareness unfortunately.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If he plays again this weekend watch him.

He tries these dummies and stupid wee flicked first time passes because when he actually finds himself in possession he's like a rabbit in the headlights now.

He's finished.

The blame lies with the manager, if he hadn't signed shite players like Herrera then he wouldn't be starting. Simple

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

The blame lies with the manager, if he hadn't signed shite players like Herrera then he wouldn't be starting. Simple

Herrera came on on Saturday and won the ball a few times only for his knockdown to fall to a Hibs player because Miller didn't even have the sense to be playing off of him.

That's not the manager's fault.

I still quite likw him in a footballing sense but I fucking can't stand him in other ways - this Stokesy pish, cuddling Brown after Old Firms, constant talking up of others. It makes me want to spew my ring every time I read or hear him.

I think I said the other day, he literally has no idea what it is to a Ranger (and never will)

I said at the end of last season he shouldn't have got a new deal, his finishing is terrible as a striker and the whole shape goes out of the team as he play's every position he feels like during a match. If we must use him he should come off the bench for the last 20 mins or so.

Agreed. His constant head down and moaning all the time on the park must be horrible to play with, it's certainly embarrassing to watch. Then all the sitters he misses, the filling in in midfield, the play breaking down with him all the time, him taking a place in the team where we need 11 warriors pulling in same direction, he's just shite, that is the bottom line, he's finished. 

Time to move on. Thanks for the efforts Kenny but your time's up.

Miller has limited ability and cannot read a game, he has always been rank rotten as a player. Most of the Rangers support were creaming over him last season and thought he was amazing and gave him stupid nicknames like King Kenny, the reality was actually more like he was the least useless in a team of useless cowards. FFS our second best player was Clint Hill and our defence was a walking bomb scare last season, I fail to see what Miller has ever added to the Rangers team even when he was younger. He could never score, never had a first touch, could never go by a man, could never read a game, and in short was always piss poor.