Pedro feeling Stronger than ever

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/caixinha-feeling-stronger/

PEDRO Caixinha says defeat to Hibs has got him feeling stronger than ever.

The Rangers boss said on Monday morning his side produced one of the best training sessions he has witnessed since taking over at Ibrox – after being beaten 3-2 over the weekend.

Now the Portuguese admits he needs his side to focus before they face managerless Hearts on Saturday.

Asked how he was feeling after Saturday’s loss Caixinha told RangersTV: “Stronger.”

He continued: “Stronger and with even more desire to work and do the things even better. The best answer is always work harder.

“Yesterday the boys came back into training, half did recovery and those who hadn’t played or had played less time gave me one of the best sessions ever since we arrived.

“They need to be focussed and work hard now on the next game for us because that is the only option we have now.

“We have been great in the way we approach the game, the way we get into the game, the way we started the first 20 minutes was really brilliant.

“I believe the scoring chances we created were more than enough to be a comfortable result to control the game. I was very pleased with the boys for that, they did that very well and they want to keep it that way.

“Along the way we will reach half-time and not always be winning games by 3-0 or 2-0 so we need to understand that sometimes it is important for us to control the tempo.

“We always win so at least if we don’t win we learn, so we never lose. What we learnt from this game is that we need to control the ball a little bit more in some moments because they equalised around 20-21 minutes and before that we had four easy losses which gave confidence to the opponent.

“Those are the points we need to keep working on, the boys need to understand it and of course during this week we will be a lot more focussed on these things.”

Caixinha hopes to have a fit Lee Wallace to call on to take on his former side. The Gers skipper returned to full training on Tuesday morning at Auchenhowie after picking up a thigh injury in the warm-up last Wednesday.

Away from Wallace the manager has a fully fit squad and is confident he will add to it by the end of the transfer window.

He said:

“Lee Wallace was back training on Monday with Steve our Physio and will be back with us from Tuesday morning. Apart from Lee everyone else is fit.

“The window closes at the end of the month, we know and we believe in everyone that we are working in the same direction.

“The Chairman, Stewart Robertson, Andrew Dickson and Mark Allen are all working hard and we know what we want.

“Sometimes the time is not what you might think is the perfect time but we still have time to make decisions.

“The most important thing is we know what we want, we all believe in what we want and all of us are working together for it.

“There is no such thing as an ideal world. We know what we want to make our squad stronger or at least more balanced.”

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree'd. We're in a much stronger spot than last season. If we had faced Hibs with last season's squad then I don't think it would've been the same result. 

The only thing that really stopped us from winning at the weekend was not putting those other two goals in and the Ref being incompetent. I've got faith in Pedro, he's got some degree of competency and at the very least isn't akin to Warburton. He did actually try to change our style of play during the hibs game when he seen that we weren't winning the midfield. Now a lot of people would say "Just bring on Rossiter". Rossiter would come on, put in a tackle and get booked and then that's him useless tackle wise for the rest of the game or worse yet we'd be 2 men down. 

Pedro looked at what was happening and just cut out the midfield. It wasn't perfect but it's a helluva lot better than just trying to do the exact same thing albeit with 10 men. Good bedrock has been put in place and we're building on it. We're looking stronger as a team and I've got much more faith in it than last seasons team. 

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Agree'd. We're in a much stronger spot than last season. If we had faced Hibs with last season's squad then I don't think it would've been the same result

The only thing that really stopped us from winning at the weekend was not putting those other two goals in and the Ref being incompetent. I've got faith in Pedro, he's got some degree of competency and at the very least isn't akin to Warburton. He did actually try to change our style of play during the hibs game when he seen that we weren't winning the midfield. Now a lot of people would say "Just bring on Rossiter". Rossiter would come on, put in a tackle and get booked and then that's him useless tackle wise for the rest of the game or worse yet we'd be 2 men down. 

Pedro looked at what was happening and just cut out the midfield. It wasn't perfect but it's a helluva lot better than just trying to do the exact same thing albeit with 10 men. Good bedrock has been put in place and we're building on it. We're looking stronger as a team and I've got much more faith in it than last seasons team. 

So we would have taken something from the game?

Very strange way of standing up for him.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

When I say same result I mean worse than 2-3.

Kiernan would roll out the red fucking carpet for Stokes again. and I highly doubt we'd have gotten a goal within 2/3 minutes.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

When I say same result I mean worse than 2-3.

Kiernan would roll out the red fucking carpet for Stokes again. and I highly doubt we'd have gotten a goal within 2/3 minutes.

The same way Cardoso did for Murray?

We scored 6, 1, 1, 4, 2, 2 against them last season. :huh: 

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

I think with last seasons squad if that scenario unfolded we would probably have been pumped after going down to ten men.