Union Bears Statement

All this support from RSCs and polls are meaningless (no disrespect intended) without a poll of all the actual people that matter. The season ticket holders inside the stadium who may be affected. The Club, if exploring the issue need to ask them

A) are you in favour

B) would you be happy for your seating area to be converted

c) if so do you want to retain your own seat/space

d) if not where would you want to be relocated to

e) if safe standing is created in another area of the stadium, would you be prepared to relocate to another area to accommodate another supporter who has been displaced 

Only with this information can the Club get an idea of the viability ( notwithstanding the cost or whether it is priority) of the idea in the first place. 

There may be no individual section with a majority of supporters supporting conversion of their seating  or prepared to relocate

There may be too many supporters wanting to relocate to a section that couldn't support them all.

Bear in mind too that this does nothing for increasing attendance and so a business case for the expenditure might be challenging in the current economic climate. The Club is more likely to spent money on necessary or regulatory  stadium matters.

9 minutes ago, ARockit said:

All this support from RSCs and polls are meaningless (no disrespect intended) without a poll of all the actual people that matter. The season ticket holders inside the stadium who may be affected. The Club, if exploring the issue need to ask them

A) are you in favour

B) would you be happy for your seating area to be converted

c) if so do you want to retain your own seat/space

d) if not where would you want to be relocated to

e) if safe standing is created in another area of the stadium, would you be prepared to relocate to another area to accommodate another supporter who has been displaced 

Only with this information can the Club get an idea of the viability ( notwithstanding the cost or whether it is priority) of the idea in the first place. 

There may be no individual section with a majority of supporters supporting conversion of their seating  or prepared to relocate

There may be too many supporters wanting to relocate to a section that couldn't support them all.

Bear in mind too that this does nothing for increasing attendance and so a business case for the expenditure might be challenging in the current economic climate. The Club is more likely to spent money on necessary or regulatory  stadium matters.

The views of RSCs are meaningless?

Very strange opinion to hold.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

The views of RSCs are meaningless?

Very strange opinion to hold.

I'm no even reading the rest of the post after that. 

Support of the clubs who take buses to every single home and away game is now meaningless. 

If they don't matter then who does fs

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

I'm no even reading the rest of the post after that. 

Support of the clubs who take buses to every single home and away game is now meaningless. 

Very strange. It's safe to say there is enough support to actively pursue it.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They really only need to ask the ST holders that would either have to stand or move. 

No, they need to consult with every season ticket holder to gain a consensus of people in favour, people who want to stand, people who need relocated etc.

Huge mapping exercise.

Every ST holder should give the option to stand or not. If you end up with 10k wanting to stand and only 3k standing capacity then it's done via ballot and waiting list established.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No, they need to consult with every season ticket holder to gain a consensus of people in favour, people who want to stand, people who need relocated etc.

Huge mapping exercise.

Every ST holder should give the option to stand or not. If you end up with 10k wanting to stand and only 3k standing capacity then it's done via ballot and waiting list established.

If it happens they will convert a certain section Copland Front being the favourite imo. So it makes no difference how many want to stand or not. 

So if it goes ahead (which I seriously doubt) the ST holders will get a letter saying the Copland Front will be getting converted for next season if you want to stay let us know if you don't want to stay we will be in touch with alternative seats. 

If you seriously think the club is going to go into some detailed and long winded conciliation period with the entire ST holders I'm sorry but your mistaken, it won't happen. They will just tell us what's happening and that's the end of it. 

RANGERS are open to the possibility of introducing a safe standing section at Ibrox after commissioning a feasibility study into the proposal.

Members from the Union Bears have called for the Light Blues board to consider converting an area of the stadium to rail seating.

Celtic introduced a 2,600 capacity section at Parkhead last season and Rangerscould now follow suit.

A Rangers spokesperson told SportTimes: “The current board has always been open to the introduction of a safe standing area. In fact, a feasibility study has been commissioned and the findings will be carefully considered.”

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If it happens they will convert a certain section Copland Front being the favourite imo. So it makes no difference how many want to stand or not. 

So if it goes ahead (which I seriously doubt) the ST holders will get a letter saying the Copland Front will be getting converted for next season if you want to stay let us know if you don't want to stay we will be in touch with alternative seats. 

If you seriously think the club is going to go into some detailed and long winded conciliation period with the entire ST holders I'm sorry but your mistaken, it won't happen. They will just tell us what's happening and that's the end of it. 

It should happen. Say for example the Copland front were to be converted, it should not mean the people in that section get first dibs to stand or move.

To be fair it has to be opened to all.

4 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

In fairness, I took it as we can all be behind it and all the RSCs in the world could support it, but if the people it's actually gonna affect (ST holders in the actual seats) get consulted by the club and they dig their heels in then it's a stumbling block before it's even started.

Although they have season tickets the seats, by law, belong to the club. People may have had the same seat for 40 years but, whether people like it or not, the club can do what it chooses as far as what they do with seats. Its happened at a number of clubs over the years. They may 'consult' with fans but its their decision (and GCCs etc) whether it actually goes ahead.

It may not be what some want to hear but thats the reality.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It should happen. Say for example the Copland front were to be converted, it should not mean the people in that section get first dibs to stand or move.

To be fair it has to be opened to all.

The UB are pushing this and would rightly expect to be offered sections ideally right behind the goal. Then anyone from the Copland Front would have to apply, if the applications is over subscribed then you get the dreaded ballot. 

If CF2, 3 & 4 get converted to safe standing you'll probably find a load from CF1 & CF5  standing up aswell. 

Understand people have been sat there for 40 years whatever but they've probably moaned about the lack of atmosphere for the past 15 year etc. 

Club owns the seats they will do what suits them best.

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The UB are pushing this and would rightly expect to be offered sections ideally right behind the goal. Then anyone from the Copland Front would have to apply, if the applications is over subscribed then you get the dreaded ballot. 

Why should the UB be given priority? They are individually no more a fan than any other season ticket holder and if treated as such then the club will ostracise many other supporters.

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

If CF2, 3 & 4 get converted to safe standing you'll probably find a load from CF1 & CF5  standing up aswell. 

Understand people have been sat there for 40 years whatever but they've probably moaned about the lack of atmosphere for the past 15 year etc. 

Club owns the seats they will do what suits them best.

You can't do just CF2, 3, 4. That's a total non starter.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Why should the UB be given priority? They are individually no more a fan than any other season ticket holder and if treated as such then the club will ostracise many other supporters.

They're the one's pushing it, of course they should be given a section.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

They're the one's pushing it, of course they should be given a section.

Ludicrous. They are pushing it for self fulfilling reasons and to make themselves more important than they are. 

All season ticket holders are equal, are you trying to say some are more equal because they are in the UB?

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ludicrous. They are pushing it for self fulfilling reasons and to make themselves more important than they are. 

All season ticket holders are equal, are you trying to say some are more equal because they are in the UB?

To make them more important. :lol: 

No I'm not and you know that, as a group they're the only ones who are willing to do anything about the atmosphere I think it's fair they are given a section.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

To make them more important. :lol: 

No I'm not and you know that, as a group they're the only ones who are willing to do anything about the atmosphere I think it's fair they are given a section.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I hope they get it. Place is like a morgue ffs. 

It's only going to better the atmosphere. Being next to them in Sheffield restored my faith that these boys still hold the loyalist views that I thought they had abandoned.

Good on them. Hope they get it so I can move to the section as well.

I do feel for them being stuck in bf1. I used to sit in there and thought it was loud.  But truth be told the noise doesn't travel and I notice that sitting in the copland.  You can't always hear them. Best of luck to them 

I agree with you both. Think good on them for asking the question but I strongly feel that because they raise the issue/opportunity should not mean they are given first dibs.

If you give them the majority all that will happen is it'll turn in to their area and as such will see themselves as more important.

As I said all season ticket holders are equal.