Union Bears Statement

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

I'm no even reading the rest of the post after that. 

Support of the clubs who take buses to every single home and away game is now meaningless. 

If they don't matter then who does fs

Then you didn't get the point. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I agree with you both. Think good on them for asking the question but I strongly feel that because they raise the issue/opportunity should not mean they are given first dibs.

If you give them the majority all that will happen is it'll turn in to their area and as such will see themselves as more important.

As I said all season ticket holders are equal.

They have like 3 rows worth of members, they won't have the majority :lol: 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I agree with you both. Think good on them for asking the question but I strongly feel that because they raise the issue/opportunity should not mean they are given first dibs.

If you give them the majority all that will happen is it'll turn in to their area and as such will see themselves as more important.

As I said all season ticket holders are equal.

It won't.  I think they had a couple of hundred members.  Not all of bf1 are UB but are part of a singing  section.  

The taigs let the GB stand in that section but also invited applications for fans to move over. I'd imagine we would be much the same 

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yes initially frank but we all know membership will grow quickly in a standing section. They would look to expand and grow.

Why hasn't it grown in BF1 when it could have just easily as it could in a standing section?

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Why hasn't it grown in BF1 when it could have just easily as it could in a standing section?

Because standing, doing the bouncy, bit more active and interactive is more attractive to fans. 

A standing section will be in demand and should be allocated fairly.

18 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Why should the UB be given priority? They are individually no more a fan than any other season ticket holder and if treated as such then the club will ostracise many other supporters.

They are pushing it, they are ones spending their time looking at the feasibility and costs, talking to other clubs and fans about their experience with safe standing. Also the singing section should be in the Copland Front, safe standing or not, not stuck away in the corner of the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They are pushing it, they are ones spending their time looking at the feasibility and costs, talking to other clubs and fans about their experience with safe standing. Also the singing section should be in the Copland Front, safe standing or not, not stuck away in the corner of the stadium. 

In my opinion that still doesn't entitle them to any preferential treatment.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Because standing, doing the bouncy, bit more active and interactive is more attractive to fans. 

A standing section will be in demand and should be allocated fairly.

They stand and do the bouncy etc. now though...?

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

True, didn't think about the restricted view.

Where does it go then? Will it have to be the whole of the Copland front?

Would imagine so, unless they just made it CF5 but that would be pointless.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yes in a pish location.

That's why it's self fulfilling. In theory the only downside currently is the location because of taig games. 

If people wanted to join they would join wherever they were located.

Self fulfilling wanting to improve the atmosphere, something that benefits us all. Nae bother. :lol: 

100% percent behind this. We have to do whatever it takes to help the atmosphere and there are plenty like me, not a part of UB but would be more than delighted to be a part of a standing section singing and jumping about all game. 

With regards to people having to move ST, it's a tough one but a call the club must make for the better good.

18 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

In my opinion that still doesn't entitle them to any preferential treatment.

I wouldn't say it's preferential treatment, Like or Hate them Ibrox needs them on a match day, so give them the place they will have the most impact. 

55 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ludicrous. They are pushing it for self fulfilling reasons and to make themselves more important than they are. 

All season ticket holders are equal, are you trying to say some are more equal because they are in the UB?

Wit?

They're pushing it because the whole reason the Union Bears exist is to make Rangers games a better atmosphere. 

Safe standing would be a massive step forward.

To make them more important :lol: gees peace. 

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

What are the laws / allowed ratios for going from seating to standing? For example, you remove 500 seats, how much are you then allowed in 'standing'?

Right now in Scotland the permit granted for safe standing doesn't allow for any extra. But it can potentially go up to 1.8.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

What are the laws / allowed ratios for going from seating to standing? For example, you remove 500 seats, how much are you then allowed in 'standing'?

the ratio is 18 standing fans to 10 seated fans so, 900 standing to 500 seated fans?

10 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Wit?

They're pushing it because the whole reason the Union Bears exist is to make Rangers games a better atmosphere. 

Safe standing would be a massive step forward.

To make them more important :lol: gees peace. 

See to be fair, I kind of understand his point, although put across badly. 

If there's a safe standing section in the CF, it should be balloted for anyone that has a season book in that area, or at Ibrox in general (depending on timescales). 

It shouldn't be a case of fill it with UBs initially, and ballot off the rest, for example.

It's not a dig / criticism of the UBs and appreciate they are the driving force for it. Season tickets holders have to be treated equally IMO.