Union Bears Statement

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

If people wanted to join they would join wherever they were located.

Self fulfilling wanting to improve the atmosphere, something that benefits us all. Nae bother. :lol: 

It's 100% self fulfilling. The question has been raised to benefit their group first and foremost.

15 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Wit?

They're pushing it because the whole reason the Union Bears exist is to make Rangers games a better atmosphere. 

Safe standing would be a massive step forward.

To make them more important :lol: gees peace. 

Yes firstly to allow them to be part of that. If it's an open request then all season ticket holders should be asked. 

I sit in CF4 and would be more than happy to give up my seat to accommodate safe standing - as long as a get a good seat in return :sarcasm:

The UB are the ones pushing it and are the most influential in making it happen - only right they get it as a group imo. If the entire CF is turned into Safe Standing - most who would like to be there will be surely? 

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See to be fair, I kind of understand his point, although put across badly. 

If there's a safe standing section in the CF, it should be balloted for anyone that has a season book in that area, or at Ibrox in general (depending on timescales). 

It shouldn't be a case of fill it with UBs initially, and ballot off the rest, for example.

It's not a dig / criticism of the UBs and appreciate they are the driving force for it. Season tickets holders have to be treated equally IMO. 

There isn't enough UB for them to anywhere near fill it. 3 or 4 rows at most.

12 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It's 100% self fulfilling. The question has been raised to benefit their group first and foremost.

And you know this how?

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See to be fair, I kind of understand his point, although put across badly. 

If there's a safe standing section in the CF, it should be balloted for anyone that has a season book in that area, or at Ibrox in general (depending on timescales). 

It shouldn't be a case of fill it with UBs initially, and ballot off the rest, for example.

It's not a dig / criticism of the UBs and appreciate they are the driving force for it. Season tickets holders have to be treated equally IMO. 

I made this point earlier - What happens if everybody in CF says "Fuck it. I'll just stay here and stand".

Where do UB's go then? :confused:

13 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

There isn't enough UB for them to anywhere near fill it. 3 or 4 rows at most.

I would like to think that other season ticket holders in BF1 who are not members but have stood beside the UB for years would have the chance to move with the group, I would be gutted if me and my boy were left behind.. Fuck this sitting down at the fibaw with some happy clappy cunt behind giving you a tap on the shoulder every time you stand up. Got my tickets in BF1 because it's the singing section and I could stand for 90 minutes,  if the singing section gets moved I expect to get moved with it. 

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Well given this would benefit the wider Rangers support more than it would them I'd say I'm correct.

Not at all. I'd bet when negotiations start the UB start getting all arses with demands.

That's not in the interest of the wider fan base.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Not at all. I'd bet when negotiations start the UB start getting all arses with demands.

That's not in the interest of the wider fan base.

You're making assumptions based on absolutely nothing.

I think you are seriously over estimating the importance of the UB.

6 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I made this point earlier - What happens if everybody in CF says "Fuck it. I'll just stay here and stand".

Where do UB's go then? :confused:

Well in that case they'd have no choice but to not get in, that is very, very unlikely to happen though.

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You're making assumptions based on absolutely nothing.

I think you are seriously over estimating the importance of the UB.

No I'm over estimating how important they think they are.

Just because you ask for it doesn't mean you are the one to get it because you don't like where you currently are.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No I'm over estimating how important they think they are.

Just because you ask for it doesn't mean you are the one to get it because you don't like where you currently are.

Well they will be in it if it happens so get it up ye.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Get it up me?

Is that your best effort.

I couldn't give a fuck if they get to stand on top of the Copland.

I just want fairness.

It's fair that the one's actively pursuing this are allowed a spot in it if it happens. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

It's fair that the one's actively pursuing this are allowed a spot in it if it happens. 

What happens if the UBs expand year on year? Does their section in CF expand? Do others get pushed out? 

You open up a can of worms if UBs get precedence over everyone else in the stand. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What happens if the UBs expand year on year? Does their section in CF expand? Do others get pushed out? 

You open up a can of worms if UBs get precedence over everyone else in the stand. 

They probably have about 50 members, the Copland Front holds 3/4k, not something that will be a problem.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They've been trying to expand for a while I believe 

I severely doubt anyone who moved into the standing section would later be moved again to accommodate the UBs 

There are many groups pishing for this, at least 70 RSCs. The Union Bears have taken the initiative to start the campaign so of course their members should be in with a shout

I've seen nothing to suggest the UBs want to be "in charge" of the section. Of course it wouldn't be fair if UBs got to pick and choose who gets in but that is not what's happening 

If this goes thru the Club should make room for every ST holders who signs up for it, doubt that will happen but I also doubt it will just be UBs. If any other group had put the time and effort in then they'd be leading the campaign but the UB have put themselves forward when others didn't

I reckon you could have a section with 5000 standing easily but that's unlikely. Some will miss out and some will be lucky

Some of the reactions in this thread are similar to the reaction when we get the tims in a final, folk complaining they are hard done by feeling sorry for themselves when nothing's even happening yet

21 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

So if I start the ball rolling to get alcohol sold in stadiums and it gets passed then I get to have first pint every game.

Its ma baw mentality. My idea so I'm first in. 

Look at that list of supporters clubs alone. Has to an open offer.