Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paisleybear1872

Union Bears Statement

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

I'd say that's a big part off it mate,  at least twice a year the nappy ripper would wreck them 

BF is the family section and can't see safe standing being erected their. Plenty options around the stadium which are possible without using BF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Opinion of members also mate??

Fair enough mate, ultimately I hope they get what they want just not how I like to see things done. Based on the statement it doesn't look like the board has handled this well either.

This could go one or two ways, either the club fold to the pressure or they dig their feet in and remove any other offers they've made. 

I sit to the right of the dugouts so have a great view of them, without them there most songs wouldn't make it past the first verse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Govan Front would be ideal imo. Large enough to accommodate those interested plus given the positioning of the cameras would create the best visual impression. Given they are among the best (expensive) seats the club would disagree i suspect.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that it's sad that the group have to go public with this but the club claimed that they would liaise with the support and I agree with the cause, pretty fed up with the board only commenting when someone has a personal dig at one of them.

Get your finger out.

 

ben51 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jcb said:

Govan Front would be ideal imo. Large enough to accommodate those interested plus given the positioning of the cameras would create the best visual impression. Given they are among the best (expensive) seats the club would disagree i suspect.     

As a GF3 occupant of 24 years I say politely no. 

Gascoigne8 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone who is in whatever section they choose will lose their seat and get a new one don't see what people feel so entitled about?

As I said if they were rebuilding the stands or changing the seating arrangements no one would get asked and this is the exact same

They're not giving someone else "your" seat as "your seat" will no longer exist

PRW. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jcb said:

As a GR4,5&7 occupant for nearly 40 years i think you'll find i outrank you.

 

Good for you mate but I still wouldn't support me (and a few thousand others that are clearly happy to sit ) moving to another stand. I expect that I am not the only "nimby" but good luck if an area can be found. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The members club could guest a few some daze, put in temporary handrails and feed them free drink, boys deserve it for their loyalty, bar 72 the same nae problems!! After all W.A.T.P.???

IMG_4980.PNG.6e54df29e5767747facc4b2436d961cc.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ARockit said:

Good for you mate but I still wouldn't support me (and a few thousand others that are clearly happy to sit ) moving to another stand. I expect that I am not the only "nimby" but good luck if an area can be found. 

Think you are safe enough for another 24 years as it won't happen. No matter the part of the ground chosen (if it ever comes to fruition) there will be people not happy, which i understand totally. As long as the GR is left to the moaning oldies like myself.  

ARockit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Agree with all of that 

However, one thing lads - the songbook you have needs much improvement. Thats an area that needs working on from within eg 9 in a row blah blah blah, jason holt and halliday - cmon!!! 

Other than that keep up the good work lads. 

apart from spraypainting 

 

thats my only gripe with them is they cant sing the rangers great tunes instead of COPYING stupid tunes that celtic fans sing then change the words

I dont think they will go down ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ route of billy big shots so should defo be heard, if the chanfe the songs get me in the safe standing and ill join the union bears!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

How?

I've sat there for almost 30 years so maybe I do feel a bit entitled to continue sitting there. It'll never ever happen behind the dugouts anyway so not much point in debating it. Regardless of where it is I don't really see what safe standing will add to the atmosphere to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ace said:

 

Seems the right route to take, there's a clear desire for a safe standing area and it's supported by the majority, even those middle aged guys like me who can't stand for sustained periods (let alone jump around) for fear of seizing up, understand (and vaguely remember) the energy of being in amongst it.

Thats exactly what the SLO's job is about, so easy win win! Look forward to hearing updates on progress made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jcb said:

Think you are safe enough for another 24 years as it won't happen. No matter the part of the ground chosen (if it ever comes to fruition) there will be people not happy, which i understand totally. As long as the GR is left to the moaning oldies like myself.  

It will. 

Mr Soprano likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I've sat there for almost 30 years so maybe I do feel a bit entitled to continue sitting there. It'll never ever happen behind the dugouts anyway so not much point in debating it. Regardless of where it is I don't really see what safe standing will add to the atmosphere to be honest.

You don't think that a section that will be far, far bigger than the current 'singing section' will improve the atmosphere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big games the atmosphere at ibrox takes care of itself , I don't see the full stadium rocking against your Hamilton's or Ross counties just because a section of people are now standing , the atmosphere at every stadium in the world depends on the fixture 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You don't think that a section that will be far, far bigger than the current 'singing section' will improve the atmosphere?

It's not going to increase the capacity and you are assuming that there are several thousand more fans that attend games that would want to join the Union Bears. I think they do a great job and appreciate their displays but from the outside looking in it is made up of guys in their teens to mid twenties and I think you'd struggle to fill the Enclosure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

It's not going to increase the capacity and you are assuming that there are several thousand more fans that attend games that would want to join the Union Bears. I think they do a great job and appreciate their displays but from the outside looking in it is made up of guys in their teens to mid twenties and I think you'd struggle to fill the Enclosure.

There aren't thousands wanting to join the UB, nobody has said that, UB are quite a small group, they only have a few rows in BF1. They are obviously the driving force in that section but they don't have that many actual members.

Whether it be 2k at Pittodrie or 9k at Kilmarnock our entire away support stands so I think it's very naive to say we couldn't fill the Enclosure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...