Union Bears Statement

9 minutes ago, PRW. said:

You don't need to "join the Union Bears".

A standing section would have massive demand, thousands would be interested.

Honestly cannot wrap my head round anyone not in favour of safe standing, mind boggling that they must be content with the current Ibrox "atmosphere".

I honestly don't see the value in it. The atmosphere would still be shite in the smaller games. I'm not sure why you can't wrap your head around someone having a different opinion to yours. It's hardly mind boggling is it?

12 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

There aren't thousands wanting to join the UB, nobody has said that, UB are quite a small group, they only have a few rows in BF1. They are obviously the driving force in that section but they don't have that many actual members.

Whether it be 2k at Pittodrie or 9k at Kilmarnock our entire away support stands so I think it's very naive to say we couldn't fill the Enclosure.

You said joining the "singing section" so I assumed you meant the UB. You're not going to recreate the atmosphere of an away game by having a standing section in my opinion. Unless you are going to charge a premium to be in that section then I would agree that the club would be wiser spending the money elsewhere in something that can generate extra revenue. 

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

You said joining the "singing section" so I assumed you meant the UB. You're not going to recreate the atmosphere of an away game by having a standing section in my opinion. Unless you are going to charge a premium to be in that section then I would agree that the club would be wiser spending the money elsewhere in something that can generate extra revenue. 

Well you assumed wrong.

Fair enough, find it baffling that someone thinks a proper section that could potentially hold a few thousand wouldn't create more atmosphere than a tiny wee corner.

How long has CFC had their standing area because that's the pilot program & until that's finished with reports from all stakeholders (police, SFA etc.) no other club is getting thier own 

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Well you assumed wrong.

Fair enough, find it baffling that someone thinks a proper section that could potentially hold a few thousand wouldn't create more atmosphere than a tiny wee corner.

A lot of baffled and mind boggled people out tonight. Is the atmosphere significantly better since the introduction of the UB's? Not particularly in my opinion. The atmosphere is great on the big occasions and not so great on the lesser occasions. Always has been and always will be and no amount of people standing will change that. I appreciate that my opinion may be a bit of mindfuck for you so I apologise for that.

1 minute ago, Detroit Lion said:

The away fans should be in BF1. Its a terrible section and is good enough for the cunts.

UB taking the corner would generate a cracking atmosphere, nae cunt has to spit the dummy about "Muh seat" and the group guys don't need to move for taigs.

There has to be a way of getting the away fans totally out the way I know it ain't a priority at the moment but has pissed me off for many a year.

28 minutes ago, PRW. said:

You don't need to "join the Union Bears".

A standing section would have massive demand, thousands would be interested.

Honestly cannot wrap my head round anyone not in favour of safe standing, mind boggling that they must be content with the current Ibrox "atmosphere".

Somebody like myself who can't stand for 90 minutes might be able tae help ye wrap yer head around it. ?

I don't actually think there would be thousands shouting for it. I've nothing against it, but I think you'd do well to fill the front of the Broomloan. The majority are happy in their seats now imo.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

A lot of baffled and mind boggled people out tonight. Is the atmosphere significantly better since the introduction of the UB's? Not particularly in my opinion. The atmosphere is great on the big occasions and not so great on the lesser occasions. Always has been and always will be and no amount of people standing will change that. I appreciate that my opinion may be a bit of mindfuck for you so I apologise for that.

You cant see how the current section which I think holds 500ish can't generate as much noise as say the whole Copland front would? Fair enough, it is a total mindfuck. 

2 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Somebody like myself who can't stand for 90 minutes might be able tae help ye wrap yer head around it. ?

I don't actually think there would be thousands shouting for it. I've nothing against it, but I think you'd do well to fill the front of the Broomloan. The majority are happy in their seats now imo.

Then ye don't stand in it. ?

The full CF as a standing section is the dream. Thats plenty to create a noise every game. 

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Then ye don't stand in it. ?

The full CF as a standing section is the dream. Thats plenty to create a noise every game. 

I'd ask the SLO to get a questionairre organised for ST holders that would be affected/were interested in joining/were not interested in joining BUT would be in favour of it.

Also to get the away fans moved incorporated into the overall plan.

Eg. I'm not interested in joining BUT I'm in favour of it AND I don't lose my current seat.

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

For example, in in the enclosure but would give me seat to somebody who wanted to stand. Spinal surgery means 90 minutes of the bouncy isn't advised but at the same time if I was told I'm being moved and not given the option to go then I'd be raging.

It's also discriminatory to disabled people in wheelchairs who cannot stand.

Behave.

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Unfortunately not Frank I just assumed, I know me and my assumptions, that the 500 you referred to was the UBs and your plan was to replicate that on a bigger scale. Is that not what you said?

No.

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Behave? What, could the disabled section not still be at the front of the enclosures? 

No. UEFA Rules state EVERY STAND must have wheelchair access by 2019. Rangers have a serious problem here as it will cost millions in my opinion to have lifts put in to be able to provide this.