Union Bears Statement

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

What a fanny 

Don't put yourself down so much for being a fucking snowflake who wants to sit on his arse for 90 mins. You would probably leave early for the tube anyway so hey ho, standing section and your saving energy!

I mentioned earlier that I have been in GF3 for 24 years and wouldnt want to move (from one of the larger seated areas). The point I should have made, and I guess I am not alone, is that I have SAT DOWN for 24 years and don't suddenly want to STAND UP for 90 mins in all weathers. 

I do it at Hampden because, that's just how it is, but I'd rather be in my seat at Ibrox, jumping from it when we score or get a Beaton given against us!

just my view

33 minutes ago, thebooler said:

No. UEFA Rules state EVERY STAND must have wheelchair access by 2019. Rangers have a serious problem here as it will cost millions in my opinion to have lifts put in to be able to provide this.

I'm sure GCC will help out with keeping 1 stadium up to that standard :whistle:

10 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Don't put yourself down so much for being a fucking snowflake who wants to sit on his arse for 90 mins. You would probably leave early for the tube anyway so hey ho, standing section and your saving energy!

A snowflake? What amazing patter.

Do you think I currently sit in the disabled section or something? 

Ive never once said I want to sit on my arse, I said that after surgery the bouncy isn't recommended you idiot.

Ive left early once in 19 years.

Also the tube?

When did we move to London?

9 hours ago, ARockit said:

I mentioned earlier that I have been in GF3 for 24 years and wouldnt want to move (from one of the larger seated areas). The point I should have made, and I guess I am not alone, is that I have SAT DOWN for 24 years and don't suddenly want to STAND UP for 90 mins in all weathers. 

I do it at Hampden because, that's just how it is, but I'd rather be in my seat at Ibrox, jumping from it when we score or get a Beaton given against us!

just my view

Thats fine, you prefer to sit down, thats your choice and its only right you have that option. Right now there is 50k seats for you to choose from.

But there isn't that option for those who want to stand, sing and jump about for 90 minutes, so its only fair supporters get that chance. 

Any standing area would really require to be either Copland Front or somewhere in the Enclosure.  One of the problems with that is that would involve moving people who have had seats beside friends or family or have also been in a good seat for some considerable time.  A couple of years ago they tried to instigate a move to the Copland rear where I have had 3 tickets for years.  I have friends around us as well.  None of us were happy at the prospect of being shunted just to allow Union Bears to be happy.  

30 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The atmosphere was bouncing on Saturday. I don't believe when it matters we have a problem with atmosphere tbh.

I wouldn't change anything about Ibrox just maybe a we clean up

'when it matters' 

You've just said why something needs done. Derbies, Sheep/Hibs and European games the atmosphere is great, every other game it is awful and that's what needs improved.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Which part of the Copland Front?

:lol: I don't know ffs.

I said I would support the move 100%, I'm no in the group.

I seen you mention above about not being happy that you could be shunted to keep Union Bears happy :lol: It's no really about keeping the UB happy at all, it's about reviving an atmosphere which has been dying on it's arse for some time.

Time to move with the times.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Any standing area would really require to be either Copland Front or somewhere in the Enclosure.  One of the problems with that is that would involve moving people who have had seats beside friends or family or have also been in a good seat for some considerable time.  A couple of years ago they tried to instigate a move to the Copland rear where I have had 3 tickets for years.  I have friends around us as well.  None of us were happy at the prospect of being shunted just to allow Union Bears to be happy.  

I think it would intially have to be the GEC, unless the club were willing to turn the full CF in to safe standing but I don't think they care enough to make that happen, hopefully in time it will.

Can't just make it 1/2 sections of CF as it would block peoples view at either side. 

Wouldn't have that issue in GEC.

11 hours ago, ARockit said:

just my view

There will still be tens of thousands of seats available

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

:lol: I don't know ffs.

I said I would support the move 100%, I'm no in the group.

I seen you mention above about not being happy that you could be shunted to keep Union Bears happy :lol: It's no really about keeping the UB happy at all, it's about reviving an atmosphere which has been dying on it's arse for some time.

Time to move with the times.

Exactly, some people have a problem with UB but its not about them, they're just the driving force behind it.

For example, that petition set up by someone has +4000 signatures in less than a day. UB has about 40-60 -actual members. Its not about them, they actually say that in their statement.

12 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

They really need to think about the away fans fucking sick of them getting any coverage cage up the club deck and fuck them up there by walking up the fire escapes or something its a farce especially when the bead rattlers can have a full stand behind the goal.

Imagine how empty the club deck would be apart from bigger games though? 

Just now, PRW. said:

Exactly, some people have a problem with UB but its not about them, they're just the driving force behind it.

For example, that petition set up by someone has +4000 signatures in less than a day. UB has about 40-60 -actual members. Its not about them, they actually say that in their statement.

Yep. Spot on, bro.

It's sad really, but fuck all surprises me with our support.

40 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The atmosphere was bouncing on Saturday. I don't believe when it matters we have a problem with atmosphere tbh.

I wouldn't change anything about Ibrox just maybe a we clean up

The atmosphere at Ibrox is an embarrassment mate. Honestly its horrible.

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

Yep. Spot on, bro.

It's sad really, but fuck all surprises me with our support.

Frustrates me mate, can't believe anyone who wouldn't be in favour of letting everyone who wants to stand, sing and get behind the time, an option to do so. 

Imagine our away support in the CF. Ibrox would be rocking v Hamilton fs.

Just now, PRW. said:

Frustrates me mate, can't believe anyone who wouldn't be in favour of letting everyone who wants to stand, sing and get behind the time, an option to do so. 

Imagine our away support in the CF. Ibrox would be rocking v Hamilton fs.

Exactly.

My drink problem would multiply right enough, knowing I'm going into that atmosphere every single week :lol: