Pat Fenlon

Virtuoso

Who cares man, Dorrans done it the other week I'm assuming you don't want him banned? Of course Lennon is gonny celebrate, he's a massive tim and he gets dogs abuse all game so naturally he will give it back when he can. I'd fucking love it if a Rangers manager celebrated like that at Parkhead. 

7 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Who cares man, Dorrans done it the other week I'm assuming you don't want him banned? Of course Lennon is gonny celebrate, he's a massive tim and he gets dogs abuse all game so naturally he will give it back when he can. I'd fucking love it if a Rangers manager celebrated like that at Parkhead. 

It's the point, not the actual issue....

That looks similar if not lesser given it doesn't appear to be directly at fans (like turning around to confront a full stand would be).

4 games ban too eh?

Id be getting paranoid if I thought Saturdays incident didn't warrant and bring about AT LEAST the same punishment.

That's for the offence alone. Not withstanding the fact Lennon already has a suspended ban hanging over him for previous misconduct.

Yup. Paranoia about to really kick in now......

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That looks similar if not lesser given it doesn't appear to be directly at fans (like turning around to confront a full stand would be).

4 games ban too eh?

Id be getting paranoid if I thought Saturdays incident didn't warrant and bring about AT LEAST the same punishment.

That's for the offence alone. Not withstanding the fact Lennon already has a suspended ban hanging over him for previous misconduct.

Yup. Paranoia about to really kick in now......

Think I've resigned myself to the fact that nothing will happen. They seem to have closed ranks around Lennon,and in some cases spun it against us. The Fenlon incident sets a precedent,but one that they look unlikely to follow

Fucking hilarious reading how the managers try to weasel out of it:

"When asked if he had reacted to the mocking Hearts fans, Fenlon said after the game: "No I didn't. I made a gesture in relation to the way we were playing. We kept giving the ball away cheaply." :lol::lol::lol:

Lennon will get away with it I'm sure, it was just a bit of over zealousness.

We just need to (as a fans, as a squad, as a club) dust ourselves off and knuckle down with some real hard graft to fight through it. No one is going to gift us our way back to the top, we have to fight tooth and nail and that's that.

14 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Should let cunts tie scarves to goal posts, bring out tri colours onto the pitch, even stay on the pitch and party after winning a game.

Let's just let cunts celebrate as they see fit.

Unless you're Halliday....

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Should let cunts tie scarves to goal posts, bring out tri colours onto the pitch, even stay on the pitch and party after winning a game.

That's it for me. Its an accumulation of things that seem to be OK as long as its against Rangers. 

18 minutes ago, RDFM said:

So would I, except he'd get a massive punishment.

How is it that people don't get this? :headwall:

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Orrrrrrr, don't allow those first three things and do let people celebrate however they like (within, you know, laws and stuff). 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

That's it for me. Its an accumulation of things that seem to be OK as long as its against Rangers. 

Yup.

And 1872 is slated for highlighting some of it.

The OP shows a precedent in almost identical circumstances and some say fuck it.

An abysmal ONE SIDED refereeing performance was central to our defeat on Saturday but some think we're sounding like paranoid taigs.

Aye let's just do the same back to them. Might be easier when suspensions finish, teams get players sent off against us for clear red card challenges, and we get parity in how we're treated.

Saying that we all know if a Rangers manager behaved like that he'd be treated like Fenlon and castigated for it by all and sundry.

No wonder Lennon is already portrayed as the victim when even some in our support don't think he's done anything wrong.

15 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Orrrrrrr, don't allow those first three things and do let people celebrate however they like (within, you know, laws and stuff). 

The laws. That fenlon broke. And was punished for. That now dont seem to matter a fuck.....

And what do you mean stop the first 3 things but let folk celebrate how they like? That is how they like.

The scarf part which by the way is ok in Scotland but invokes a eufa ban for the player in identical circumstances. Funny that.

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The laws. That fenlon broke. And was pinished for. That now dont seem to matter a fuck.....

And what do you mean stop the first 3 things but let folk celebrate how they like? That is how they like.

The scarf part which by the way is ok in Scotland but invokes a eufa ban for the player in identical circumstances. Funny that.

I'm not sure that some are getting the point in all this. Its about each club/manager/player/group of fans being treated equally and punishment/leniency being applied without fear or favour. This is, patently, not the case. 

Whatever the reasons for it, it must be highlighted at every opportunity. 

Fenlon's punishment set a precedent. 

What little credibility remains with the SFA/SPFL (or whoever makes the decisions) would be shattered if they don't follow suit.  If anything the Ginger one's action is probably more incendiary.

They would struggle to justify not punishing him accordingly and it becomes open season for bad behaviour on the touchline thereafter.

He was out of order.  Everyone knows this, so he deserves to be punished.

16 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

A man has now been arrested for online abuse against Lennon.

Whatever way you try to dress up his inflammatory behaviour  Lennon causes trouble and the authorities need to nail this on the head.

When guys are up in court its no longer banter. 

And the guy up in court deflects everything away from lennons behaviour and makes him out to be the poor innocent victim instead of the instigator, not that I think threatening to kill him is acceptable but im pretty certain the guy that put it online had no intention of carrying it out and was pished and pissed off at the time. I've got a Hibs fan at my work and he says as a manger he likes lennon but he fucking detests him as a person and thinks he's a cunt.

Remember when Warburton was told by officials that Halliday's fist pump against Morton when celebrating a goal could have incited a riot when he did it from the middle of the park and he got a second yellow.....Scottish football is a joke

Ha actually just seen this mentioned at the end of Sportings post