The banter era - through the years (Twitter thread)

Captain Hilts

12 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Banter my fucking arse.

And we are still a fucking mess.

Aye, our long term stability has not yet been proven, and we've enough evidence to at least be concerned about where we're heading.

I don't think we should be looking back and thinking thank goodness all that's gone forever. We can't be complacent. 

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Aye, our long term stability has not yet been proven, and we've enough evidence to at least be concerned about where we're heading.

I don't think we should be looking back and thinking thank goodness all that's gone forever. We can't be complacent. 

While i admit there have been some funny times in the last few years, what i can't lose sight of is the fact that we have been shafted by a string of crooks and a corrupt footballing authority in this country.

We have been shat on from a great height and while these funny events show how great our fans resilience is, we must not forget what put us there in the first place.

Shite patter imo.

I did try get on board with it but changed my mind, when we get 55 then maybe i will think again.

9 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Torn faced bastards. 

And with good reason to be.

We are still a laughing stock after the weekends game, still getting bullied by the diet taigs let alone the proper taigs.

The fact we are trying to laugh about the 'banter years' while they are still ongoing, is giving everyone else a bigger laugh at us.

Win 55 then revisit the idea when the rest of Scottish football is in meltdown.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

This.

Fucking hipster shite that makes us look like a small club that thinks we're now in anyway successful 

Yes, perfect summation.

Those were dark day's in our history and we haven't emerged from them yet.

Sandy Jardine, for one, went to his grave with the club an absolute shambles, but many other Bears passed away not knowing if our club would ever recover.

But aye, it was rare banter.

As someone else said, they're still very much on-going.

A boy in work told me this morning that Caixinha said "we are the people" during an interview recently, so I'd add that.

Celtic lose against Red Imps, but go through and can't shake-off the humiliation. What do we do? At the first opportunity, a hold my beer moment "hold my beer". We lose over two legs to the fourth best side in Luxembourg.

Lets revisit this when we've actually won the league.

2 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

As someone else said, they're still very much on-going.

A boy in work told me this morning that Caixinha said "we are the people" during an interview recently, so I'd add that.

Celtic lose against Red Imps, but go through and can't shake-off the humiliation. What do we do? At the first opportunity, a hold my beer moment "hold my beer". We lose over two legs to the fourth best side in Luxembourg.

Lets revisit this when we've actually won the league.

I don't think I've ever read a post of yours that doesn't reek to high heaven.

8 hours ago, reallyruff said:

The levels of vitriol, vindictiveness and spite that have been behind much of what's went on make it difficult  (for me) to regard it as banter.

Should be the EXTREME HATRED YEARS, we have always been hated but these past 5 years it has been extreme, fuk falling for the taig narrative of banter (those jolly craicsters).   Tarrier bastards one and all, #55 cannot come soon enough.

Do people think these cunts trying to strip titles won on the park is banter?

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I don't think I've ever read a post of yours that doesn't reek to high heaven.

The saddest thing is, it's all true.

The second saddest thing? Shite patter like yours. Don't like the truth? Accuse them of being a tarrier.

You can't dispute a single element of my post which you quoted. It's fact and it's embarassing.