Captain Hilts

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Is there any point in giving Dalcio time if he's not going to make team though?

Ā 

Rossiter likely to be a starter on Saturday so would benefit more..

Don't rate Rossiter a game tonight if it was upto me would be pointlessĀ 

he will be playing for tranmere in 3 years imoĀ 

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Although it's not quite Rangers related, it's good to see over a third of the Scottish Under 19s squad represented by young bears.......

DHW6NpAXYAE-zQv.jpg

Not for me id rather no one on our books represents themĀ 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Not for me id rather no one on our books represents themĀ 

I get where you're coming from, and respect everyone's views on Scotland matters however I think from a development point of view playing against fellow young internationals, travelling the world, experiencing different places, circumstances, stadiums, opponents (probably of a decent level)Ā can only benefit young boys trying to make it in the game IMO and hopefully in turn we can reap the rewards............

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I get where you're coming from, and respect everyone's views on Scotland matters however I think from a development point of view playing against fellow young internationals, travelling the world, experiencing different places, circumstances, stadiums, opponents (probably of a decent level)Ā can only benefit young boys trying to make it in the game IMO and hopefully in turn we can reap the rewards............

No that;s fair mate I get thatĀ 

I just don't dont think any Scotland national teams are the be all and end all when it comes to developmentĀ 

I've went to leave the house and head down to bowling club at stadium and I think Dumbarton are winning this guys ... it's a tropical monsoon :lol:Ā Dumbarton are used to this playing on the banks of the River Clyde and River LevenĀ 

At least we're aint playing the tarriers :lol:Ā 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No that;s fair mate I get thatĀ 

I just don't dont think any Scotland national teams are the be all and end all when it comes to developmentĀ 

I guess that's the same with a lot of nations. Most times it comes down to the kids/players themselvesĀ and how much they actually want it and how much they are willing to put in and sacrifice. You can give them all the tools or no tools but there's magic no wand. IMO though being out of your comfort zone, feeling that added little bit of pressure, the element of unknown is good in all walks of life.

I think Scotland Unders have had a few successful runs over the years, most recently getting to the final against Spain a year or so back, and previous to that maybe a decade or so ago. Not manyĀ from that team made it big though, only a handful, although I think Wallace and Dorrans coincidentally were involved.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Good move for everyoneĀ 

Rossiter admitted in anĀ interview today that this is the first time since he's joined us that he's been 100% fit, and that this is the best he's felt so far in his professional career.Ā 

Deserves another chance for me based on this.