Captain Hilts

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Stats can obviously be misleading but they seem to have had a lot of possession, dangerous attacks, corners and efforts on goal (less so on target) and from the Academy Twitter account they seem to be more than holding their own. Hopefully one of the guys there can give us a better perspective though of the game at some point.

About 15 to go. Here's hoping we can get something........

Sounds famliar.

Watched the game tonight and can't say I was over impressed by the youngsters. Only Beerman and Barjonas looked even possible for the first team at the moment . Rudden looked out of his depth though he was played in midfield. They were not out played but just thought on tonight's performance not may are ready to assist in the first team. 

2 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Watched the game tonight and can't say I was over impressed by the youngsters. Only Beerman and Barjonas looked even possible for the first team at the moment . Rudden looked out of his depth though he was played in midfield. They were not out played but just thought on tonight's performance not may are ready to assist in the first team. 

Was Hardie any good, in terms of being ready to make a step up sometime soon?

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Physically he looks bigger but still needs to bulk out a bit . He also needs to work harder at holding the ball and closing the opposition defence down. He does have an eye for a goal though. He might do ok as a sub against the bottom teams in the league but if we had to rely on him as our main striker for any length of time we will be struggling. 

13 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Physically he looks bigger but still needs to bulk out a bit . He also needs to work harder at holding the ball and closing the opposition defence down. He does have an eye for a goal though. He might do ok as a sub against the bottom teams in the league but if we had to rely on him as our main striker for any length of time we will be struggling. 

It would be good if he could have a role in the squad where he develops without too much responsibility. I like him; his use of the ball is under-rated, in my opinion. This is a crucial season for him though, and hopefully he can push on from here this season.

29 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

He'll never make the step up here.

For his own sake he should be asking to get released so he can go try build a semi-decent career.

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Mate, i am steaming so i will take yer word for it.

Fuck the pope and jonny doyle.

I'll give you and everyone else a wee tip thats similar to the under 20 spl teams v 2nd/3rd division teams

When the scottish cup starts and you see a highland league team v a junior team eg Glenafton, Linlithgow get her fuckin wages on the junior team (at similar odds) they're 2 levels above highland league sides.