Open Goal - Kris Boyd interview

RangersMedia

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Part 1 up for anyone interested. Talks about his early career at Killie and how he turned down some English clubs to take a risk on signing for Rangers because he'd heard we were interested:

http://www.open-goal.co.uk/2017/08/15/si-ferry-meets-kris-boyd-episode-1/ 

This boys interview with Kevin thomson was tremendous ill let his fenian fucking face slide while he talks to bears 

"I wasn't blessed with pace..", no shit Sherlock.  

Great goalscorer and a better interview than I expected, he is correct about reserve football.  I don't think Scotland getting rid of reserve football and the slump in quality and the inability to qualify for major tournaments is a coincidence.  

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Where's the risk in signing for Rangers over some English clubs? I've not heard the interview but is that a quote from him? if so what was the context? 

Concrete offers versus hearsay is what I took from that

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Where's the risk in signing for Rangers over some English clubs? I've not heard the interview but is that a quote from him? if so what was the context? 

He had offers down South in the summer and Rangers had said they'd be back in  in January (As we'd just signed Jeffers on loan:mutley:) and he went back to Kilmarnock just trying to get to January doing what he was doing, and he did, with 19 goals. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

He meant that if he went down south and flopped he would have struggled to kick start his career back in Scotland again as he was relatively unknownversus going to Rangers he would always have a fallback in Killie or another Scottish Club.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Aye as others have said above he said that he basically had no official contact from Rangers but had heard we were interested so turned down offers from England to come back up and play for Killie for 6 months until we put an offer in to get him. It worked out well for him because he did brilliantly at Killie in those 6 months then signed for us and had another good 6 months then got a few Scotland caps at the end of that season

• 1 month later...