Making rods for our own backs

MisterC

So yesterday it was Pedro saying he felt we were stronger than ever and now today Rossitter is saying he is fitter than ever. What's it going to be tomorrow? Miller saying he missed a shot in training but it's the best miss ever? All this talking ourselves up is all and well and good if it can be backed up by performances and results on the park, but let's face it,that hasn't been happening.

I am fed up with all the shite interviews saying how great it is in training etc, it's what happens on the park that counts. All throughout his tenure, Caixinhia has spouted so much shite in interviews talking about other clubs and coming out with soundbites aimed to ingratiate himself with the fans and a whole host of other shite. I'm bloody sick of it and I just wish he would get on with things and not feel the need to ramble on when a microphone is put on front of him.

All too often we find him making a rod for our backs with his comments that then come back to bite us in the ass. It's happened time and time again and if results were going well, it's fine but not when results have on the whole been poor. I think he is a dud anyway and his stupid quotes etc just grind my gears even further.

Get on with the job,get some wins together and then you can start bragging and painting a nice rosy picture about how wonderful it all is...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

See if what they saying irritates you so much, don't read the fucking articles or open links to them.

I read them to see what he actually said as headlines can mislead. It's also interesting to hear why he is saying what he is..

3 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I'd much rather they said we are shit and we are doomed and kenny even said ma face and heed are noo the same colour 

Same here, pessimists are never disappointed.

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

A serious post but still with a rod:dance:

It would be rude not to....

:pipe:

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

I read them to see what he actually said as headlines can mislead. It's also interesting to hear why he is saying what he is..

Well here's a hint.

There's a presser tomorrow and the manager and a player will speak positively about the week and our chances on Saturday.

You won't like it.

Don't read it.

Go fishing instead and gies all peace.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What do you want them to say? We showed up Monday morning with our confidence so low and we couldn't be bothered so we decided to taken shooting practice at Pedro's arse?

Of course not but I was hoping for something better than we had the best training session ever. A bit more realism than painting a rosy picture when there is a lot wrong with the team. 

35 minutes ago, MisterC said:

So yesterday it was Pedro saying he felt we were stronger than ever and now today Rossitter is saying he is fitter than ever. What's it going to be tomorrow? Miller saying he missed a shot in training but it's the best miss ever? All this talking ourselves up is all and well and good if it can be backed up by performances and results on the park, but let's face it,that hasn't been happening.

I am fed up with all the shite interviews saying how great it is in training etc, it's what happens on the park that counts. All throughout his tenure, Caixinhia has spouted so much shite in interviews talking about other clubs and coming out with soundbites aimed to ingratiate himself with the fans and a whole host of other shite. I'm bloody sick of it and I just wish he would get on with things and not feel the need to ramble on when a microphone is put on front of him.

All too often we find him making a rod for our backs with his comments that then come back to bite us in the ass. It's happened time and time again and if results were going well, it's fine but not when results have on the whole been poor. I think he is a dud anyway and his stupid quotes etc just grind my gears even further.

Get on with the job,get some wins together and then you can start bragging and painting a nice rosy picture about how wonderful it all is...

Managers speaks - critisised

Manager stays quiet - criticised.

We want to know what people at the club think - we critique them for saying what they think. 

Go figure. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We want to know what people at the club think - we critique them for saying what they think. 

Go figure. 

Don't mind him speaking but it's what he says that's the problem. Coming out with some of the soundbites etc that he does just shows of him being even more out of depth than he is already.

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Go figure. 

What's the difference between critisised and criticised though? That's what i'm trying to figure.

I'd rather our players and manager were thinking positive and trying to improve every training day for the next match.

We need our team to be confident for the fight ahead. Players thrive on confidence.

We are rid of guys who were just here for the big salary. We have a team who train hard and want to achive things. Surely better than last seasons team who would tools and hide when the going got tough.